Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Schmidt video release November
Page 4 of 11 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

10-21-2019, 10:50 AM

Private showings... LOLOLOL. Man that's hysterical. I wouldn't go to that if my local pool room offered at a time that was convenient for me.

I want to buy a copy and own it.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#47)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-21-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decent dennis View Post
What did he spend 10,000 on to break the record.
The pursuit cost him opportunities to earn a living elsewhere, no?

Old
  (#48)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-21-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decent dennis View Post
What did he spend 10,000 on to break the record.
I'd question how he could have spent that little.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#49)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
Private showings... LOLOLOL. Man that's hysterical. I wouldn't go to that if my local pool room offered at a time that was convenient for me.

I want to buy a copy and own it.
Yeah. I sure would go to your room to see it either!

At 4 hrs, I would have to break viewing up into multiple sittings.

Old
  (#50)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u12armresl View Post
I just received an update to this from LA.

December 31, 2019 at TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Mann's Chinese Theatre)

will show "The Run, my path to 626" in IMAX. Tickets are $17 and there will be a red carpet gala, with the arrivial of such pool dignitaries including: "Blackballed, logical, lfigureoa, Jimmy G, and 4 more.

There will be a Q+A afterwards with the actor and Danny Harriman will be moderating.
I'll require a modest appearance fee, travel costs and accomodations for my entourage.

Feeling a littly shortchanged?
Old
  (#51)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Feeling a littly shortchanged? - 10-21-2019, 10:54 AM

Try this video from Pat Fleming https://youtu.be/2iaEWtZOPSY There no charge! Return the favor to js626.

Old
  (#52)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-21-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I'll require a modest appearance fee, travel costs and accomodations for my entourage.

I'd say you should pick me up, but you already stranded me once.

sensible
Old
  (#53)
Tin Man
AzB Silver Member

Tin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond repute

sensible - 10-21-2019, 11:29 AM

His approach actually makes sense to me.

Everyone has already stated he won't make much money here if he puts it on Youtube or sells DVDs. We know that. And selling the rights directly doesn't make him much either. Let's assume that he makes 10K either way. So what he has doesn't hold huge traditional market value.

So why sell? If you owned a car that you spent your entire life restoring and someone offered you next to nothing for it, wouldn't you rather just keep it? Well, John has spent his life in a quest to achieve a world record on camera. I don't blame him for not wanting to disperse it for pennies. I believe this is the same reason that Jay hasn't released Earl's 10 rack run for the million (which I would LOVE to see, Jay, PM me if I could ever do a 'private showing'!).

In the meantime, if he creates a tour from city to city and conducts 'tours' of his run in person, I see him filling up rooms. A chance to spend the afternoon with a US Open champion walking you through a record breaking straight pool run and doing Q&As? I'd support that. Not sure how big the groups would be, but if it was 10-20 people I'd chip in $1-200. I'd guarantee I'd learn something from that session and if I could have a good time, witness a record run, meet some friends, and pick up a few nuggets, for me that's worth taking a day off work.

Even if most people aren't interested that's fine with him. As long as he gets enough people in every city for him to tour the country and use this as a draw, why wouldn't he? Maybe he can't pull it off, but at least it's a good try.

Demetrius Jelatis
www.mnpoolbootcamp.com/

Old
  (#54)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 11:29 AM

How are you going to break it up into multiple sittings when you aren't allowed to leave until it's over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Yeah. I sure would go to your room to see it either!

At 4 hrs, I would have to break viewing up into multiple sittings.

Old
  (#55)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-21-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
How are you going to break it up into multiple sittings when you aren't allowed to leave until it's over.
I'm the boss (when wife and kids aren't around).

Old
  (#56)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-21-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
But really, I was referring to what version of purchasing would be of value to me.

If I had to sit thru 4 hrs of a pool vid, I'd pay double an hour into it, just to get out of the remainder.

I'd need my own copy, to start and stop as I see fit.

Old
  (#57)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 12:03 PM

On a lighter note, there's a sure-fire ancillary revenue-generating opportunity for AZB itself in all this:

The site owners could eventually compile and sell to worldwide universities, the entire contents of the "Mr 600" thread (presently tallying in excess of 1,255 comments and 46,000 views) and the three or four other 626-related threads.

There's hardly a category in university catalogs (drama, sociology, asymmetrical warfare, entrepreneurial business, abnormal psychology, sports, conspiracy histories, secret societies, novel writing, etc.) whose professors and students wouldn't find the material appealing and applicable to decades of ongoing research and Master/Doctoral programs.

Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Old
  (#58)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

10-21-2019, 12:06 PM

Appealing, or apalling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post
On a lighter note, there's a sure-fire ancillary revenue-generating opportunity for AZB itself in all this:

The site owners could eventually compile and sell to worldwide universities, the entire contents of the "Mr 600" thread (presently tallying in excess of 1,255 comments and 46,000 views) and the three or four other 626-related threads.

There's hardly a category in university catalogs (drama, sociology, asymmetrical warfare, entrepreneurial business, abnormal psychology, sports, conspiracy histories, secret societies, novel writing, etc.) whose professors and students wouldn't find the material appealing and applicable to decades of ongoing research and Master/Doctoral programs.

Arnaldo

Old
  (#59)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 12:22 PM

Oh no. I was looking forward to owning the DVD. Isn't there a way to make a DVD which can't be copied?

Old
  (#60)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Appealing, or apalling?
Many find the appalling appealing lately, so there is no dichotomy. And probably no Deuteronomy either.

Page 4 of 11 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: