Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Schmidt video release November
Page 5 of 11 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-21-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
But really, I was referring to what version of purchasing would be of value to me.

If I had to sit thru 4 hrs of a pool vid, I'd pay double an hour into it, just to get out of the remainder.

I'd need my own copy, to start and stop as I see fit.
That’s how I see it...I won’t watch a 4 hour video straight through in my home...
...damn sure I won’t be trapped some place for that long.

I was hoping he’d see Pat Fleming

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#62)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-21-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
Oh no. I was looking forward to owning the DVD. Isn't there a way to make a DVD which can't be copied?
If the video can be displayed on your PC's screen, it can be copied. A free video capture program (screen copier with sound) came with a relatively cheap video editor I got. I imagine there are free versions. If the video can't be displayed on your screen, it has limited use.

The main things that prevent piracy of something like this are lack of distribution channels and dilute interest. Someone may share it with a friend, but someone making thousands of copies for no payback is unlikely. If someone puts a copy up on Youtube, it's fairly easy to get it taken down.

I think Vimeo would have been the right way to go and maybe that will eventually happen. I hope so. In the mean time it will be interesting to see how many views it gets in private showings.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#63)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-21-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Many find the appalling appealing lately, so there is no dichotomy. And probably no Deuteronomy either.
Well, I know there's no Deuteronomy either, but I can absolutely smell it.

Old
  (#64)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

10-21-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u12armresl View Post
I just received an update to this from LA.

December 31, 2019 at TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Mann's Chinese Theatre)
will show "The Run, my path to 626" in IMAX. Tickets are $17 and there will be a red carpet gala, with the arrivial of such pool dignitaries including: "Blackballed, logical, lfigureoa, Jimmy G, and 4 more.

There will be a Q+A afterwards with the actor and Danny Harriman will be moderating.

Oh yay!! I live 20 minutes from there. Should I wear a necktie?

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#65)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

10-21-2019, 12:57 PM

For anyone interested there’s a “thing” called the Bel Air Circuit, it’s a hard drive with any movie that’s released on the day the movie hits theaters. A courier drops it off at your house the day before the theatrical release. When the movie hits the theaters they email you the “key” to unlock the hard drive contents and you can watch the movie in the comfort of your home the day it hits theaters. The code unlocks the content for 48 hours, in some cases it’s a PPV each time you play the content.

This is what celebs and industry people use so they don’t have to go to theaters to see the first run of any movie.

Point is it’s possible to distribute content that costs millions to produce without the risk of piracy.

Google “Bel Air Circuit” and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Ole Fatboy might not be too bright but somehow he knows about this....hmmm wait, he has the equipment for it too. It’s about $100,000 for the player that reads the hard drive which the content is on.

Shots fired,

Fatboy

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

ROI of 10G's
Old
  (#66)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

ROI of 10G's - 10-21-2019, 01:07 PM

It appears that JS&Team invested about 10G's over a period of about eighteen months. It appears they didn't actually have a ROI plan. A really good return on investment for an active investor is 15% annually. It's aggressive, but it's achievable if you put in time to look for bargains. ROI, or Return on Investment, measures the efficiency of an investment. They may actually recover about $1500 a year. They may be in the clear somewhere in the 2026-2027 range and actually start clearing a profit from their adventure.
The pool public will be the judge of their effort.
Who was that Y'all said broke Willie Mosconi's 14.1 Straight Pool/Continuous run record? It's been several months now and I've forgotten what's his name.

Old
  (#67)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Oh yay!! I live 20 minutes from there. Should I wear a necktie?

Maybe you can have Ernie collaborate with Harry Winston for a sparkly one-off cue to carry down the red carpet.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#68)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 01:29 PM

Once again, congrats to John on his amazing run. Too bad the aftermath has turned into one big clusterfck!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#69)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

10-21-2019, 02:22 PM

Predator should edit the video and place their banner.
Pay JS and monetize it at youtube.

Old
  (#70)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Once again, congrats to John on his amazing run. Too bad the aftermath has turned into one big clusterfck!
But this thread keeps on going and going, which is NOT a bad thing. Keeps it in the "news".. more and more folks on AZB have and will read this thread.

Marketing 101: Always keep them wanting more. Chevy only waited 50 years to finally bring out a mid-engine Corvette. But, man, folks have been talking about it for.... yup, 50 years. Now it's here with the 2020 model.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#71)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
10-21-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
If the video can be displayed on your PC's screen, it can be copied [snip]
...The main things that prevent piracy of something like this are lack of distribution channels and dilute interest.
I think Vimeo would have been the right way to go and maybe that will eventually happen. I hope so.
Yup, that's the gist of it. Accu-stats has a big catalog of stuff on Vimeo.
Including, say, the 2016 US Open. The videos are great quality.
But years later, you can't find it on any torrent tracker, or youtube.

Why? Because nobody cares enough to bother, even at the low price of $5 per match.

I could be wrong but I think fewer people care about this run than about a US Open finals.

Old
  (#72)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decent dennis View Post
What did he spend 10,000 on to break the record.
Yeah I was curious about that myself. A custom gold crown with forgiving pockets?
Nope, he played on a public pool room table. Airfare to Arizona?
Even at first class rates with +1 it's not that expensive.
Is he counting 10k worth of entry fees and gambling over the decades?

Old
  (#73)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597

10-21-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slach View Post
Would you buy one for $50? How many overall do you think would sell in a couple years? Only need to sell 200 @ $50 to get to $10,000, seems pretty doable to me
Exactly. There's expenses and shipping, sure, but still, I'd pay $50.
There should be more than 200 other people who would.

Or, go the other route: offer it for so cheap, and make it so convenient,
that piracy doesn't even seem worth the bother.

Louis CK did that with one of his comedy specials, a $5 download with
"no regional restrictions, no crap. You can download this file, play it as much as you like,
burn it to a DVD, whatever."

A friend told him "everyone's going to steal it"... Louis's reaction was
"...so I just wrote a note that said, you know, please don't do it. And they didn't.
So it made a lot of money."

About 1.1 million bucks in 10 days.

Old
  (#74)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
Oh no. I was looking forward to owning the DVD. Isn't there a way to make a DVD which can't be copied?
No as of yet , but that doesn't matter anyway all you have to do is play it on to your TV and record that

Old
  (#75)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post
Yeah I was curious about that myself. A custom gold crown with forgiving pockets?
Nope, he played on a public pool room table. Airfare to Arizona?
Even at first class rates with +1 it's not that expensive.
Is he counting 10k worth of entry fees and gambling over the decades?
That number would surly be much Higher , Billy Thorpe thumped him in one pocked himself for far more than 10k himself,

Page 5 of 11 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: