How Well Do You Know "The Color of Money?"

jasonamoss13

8 Ball on Silver Screen
Silver Member
Guessing there are less than 10 people in this entire forum who haven't seen "The Color of Money." But, how well do you know the movie? To commemorate my 50th blog post, I just posted the Ultimate 50-Question "The Color of Money" quiz. Take the quiz and let me know how you do. If you get more than 40 right, you are truly Balabushka-worthy.

http://www.billiardsmovies.com/billiards-movies-2/color-of-money/

(And if you notice any inaccuracies, please let me know.)

Best,

Jason

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guessing there are less than 10 people in this entire forum who haven't seen "The Color of Money." But, how well do you know the movie? To commemorate my 50th blog post, I just posted the Ultimate 50-Question "The Color of Money" quiz. Take the quiz and let me know how you do. If you get more than 40 right, you are truly Balabushka-worthy.

Best,

Jason

I can't wait to take this test. :grin:

I'm working on a job now that has to get out, but as soon as I finish, I'm going for it. ;)

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
IMO its only watchable cuz of the great Paul Newman. He single handily saved the movie from bombing.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did they spell Keith's name wrong?

Keith McReady
Keith McReady (as Grady Seasons)

I love that. "McReady," like I'm ready to play you some. :grin-square:

Yes, it is misspelled. It is M-c-C-r-e-a-d-y, McCready with two c's. :)

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great test!...That was fun though there was a lot that I didnt know...I got a D :( lol

jasonamoss13

8 Ball on Silver Screen
Silver Member
Apocalypse2013 -- thanks for catching the spelling mistake on Keith McCready's name.

jasonamoss13

8 Ball on Silver Screen
Silver Member
Gerry Williams: I was under the impression it was a J18, and that this Joss cue was subsequently renamed the Joss N7.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member

Best,

Jason

Under pool professional question 3, you forgot someone. Jimmy "Pretty Boy Floyd" Mataya had a extremely small speaking part. Now some may not consider Jimmy a pro, but he was always a pro in my book. :wink:

Also under Pool Playing #4, some people might also answer Checkers and Chess since in that same scene Eddie speaks the line "What the hell, checkers sells more than chess" (or something like that!)

Last edited:

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a modification to one of the questions and answers (maybe a bonus point answer? lol). This may be a stretch, but it was one of the games I thought of... Technically he mockingly compares 9-ball to 3 games. When he says checkers sells better than chess, he is making a "9-ball is to straight pool as checkers is to chess" analogy, basically calling 9-ball the checkers of pool.

lol right after you cdryden

Last edited:

Thepip

David
Silver Member

Best,

Jason

What a great post, i have seen the movie several 100 times and i did ok on the test I like the information that i learned and I am a student of the game!

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wikipedia agrees with you :)

Standing in for the extremely valuable "Balabushka" cue in the movie was actually a Joss J-18 (which later became the Joss N-07), made to resemble a classic Balabushka.[4]

Gerry Williams: I was under the impression it was a J18, and that this Joss cue was subsequently renamed the Joss N7.

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met Keith in Vegas a few years ago at the VNEA tournament - he was actually gambling with a buddy of mine.

My favourite line in the movie - "Hey Grady, up your ass with the spot - that ok with you?"

The movie was great but the continuity on the table left something to be desired. Of course only pool players would notice that each shot was setup individually :)