Have meucci's improved?

tonov12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off, hello to all. I've been lurking here for a while now and decided to make my first post. Unfortunately, I had already ordered my Meucci before I read all the negative info about them. The one thing that I did notice is that most of the negative comments were posted nearly a year ago. I also read in some posts that Meucci was starting to take a new approach to quality. Do any of you have any information on whether Meucci's have improved in quality over the past year or will I be sorry that I bought one?

I purchased a power piston with the blackdot shaft. Any info is greatly appreciated. TIA :)

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Not that i have seen!

tonov12 said:
First off, hello to all. I've been lurking here for a while now and decided to make my first post. Unfortunately, I had already ordered my Meucci before I read all the negative info about them. The one thing that I did notice is that most of the negative comments were posted nearly a year ago. I also read in some posts that Meucci was starting to take a new approach to quality. Do any of you have any information on whether Meucci's have improved in quality over the past year or will I be sorry that I bought one?

I purchased a power piston with the blackdot shaft. Any info is greatly appreciated. TIA :)

The old pre 1990's Meucci cues were OK the ones put out afterward are poorly made, like the Adams / supposed to be Balabushkas AKA asian conglomerate imports ! proliferating in todays Color of Money marketplace!

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
tonov12 said:

The Power piston is pretty basic and will probably work just fine. If you are comfortable with solid shafts the black dot comes pretty close. If your looking for a stiffer hit you might want to get a red dot,intimidator,or predator shaft. Check out the test charts at Platinum billiards,they'll give you a better idea.

tonov12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna go and try it out today sometime. I guess it can't be any worse than what I had. Thanks for the input.

Purdman

Banned
tonov12 said:
I'm gonna go and try it out today sometime. I guess it can't be any worse than what I had. Thanks for the input.

tonov12, you just might find that you love the hit of your new cue. Everybodys differant. Don't go out of the gate thinking you have bought a lousy cue. It just might be perfect for you. Go at it with a positive attitude and give us your opinion. I would like to know what you think. I have a 21 oz. 97-15 that I break with. I break better with it than I do with my $1,200 SledgeHammer.
Purdman :cool:

br8knrun52

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donald A. Purdy said:
tonov12, you just might find that you love the hit of your new cue. Everybodys differant. Don't go out of the gate thinking you have bought a lousy cue. It just might be perfect for you. Go at it with a positive attitude and give us your opinion. I would like to know what you think. I have a 21 oz. 97-15 that I break with. I break better with it than I do with my $1,200 SledgeHammer.
Purdman :cool:

Can I have the SledgeHammer then? :D :D

tonov12 said:

Don't sweat it, you should have no problem with it, they're a good playing cue. There are a bunch of Meucci bashers on different forums, and they did have some quality problems in the past, but you'll do just fine. I have an original Meucci from '81, a power piston, and a metallic, along with just about every other production cue in-between and $4k plus customs. Just play and have fun.

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Lol!

br8knrun52 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald A. Purdy
I break better with it than I do with my $1,200 SledgeHammer. Purdman

Damn whats that Sledge have in it worth $1200????

:D I was wondering the same thing I always thought the Sledge Hammers were a moderate pricrd J/B cue! :confused:

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I play with a Gilbert. One of the guys I play against has a Meucci. He beats me the majority of the games. I don't think that the cue makes him better, he has more experience, knowledge and skill. If you like it and play great with it who cares about what other people thinks. I don't like and would not buy one.

Cues are like women. Not everyone has the same taste in what they want.

Jersey

Clickin' & Clackin'
Silver Member
I have a Meucci Original...It's a Gambler MO-10...It has a Black Dot Shaft...I think it plays excellent...It's not as stiff a hit as my Schon...IMO the Meucci's are more of a finesse players cue...if your a power player you may think it hits too soft...don't get me wrong, I can 'stroke' the ball to the back of the pocket with plenty of pace...the Meucci just translates that speed thru the cue differently...I play with it exclusively and love it!...I agree with a previous reply...don't go out of the gate negative...you purchased a Meucci...I agree about the glut of negative posts to boards like this but there are probably more Meucci's in play out there than many other brand of cue...three on my 8 man team right now...love your cue and play your game...

tonov12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies fellas/(ladies?). I took it down and played a few games and I did actually like the feel of it. I seemed to make a lot more of my usual problem shots so it turn, played better. Like I said, I made the jump from a cheap cue so this is a big jump and it was noticeable. Thanks again for the info. Now I just need to get the neccessary practice in to improve. :)

Jersey

Clickin' & Clackin'
Silver Member
tonov12 said:
Thanks for all the replies fellas/(ladies?). I took it down and played a few games and I did actually like the feel of it. I seemed to make a lot more of my usual problem shots so it turn, played better. Like I said, I made the jump from a cheap cue so this is a big jump and it was noticeable. Thanks again for the info. Now I just need to get the neccessary practice in to improve. :)
glad to hear it...I felt the same way after getting what I felt was a great deal on a great cue...didn't let the boards discourage me, and I love my cue...look around, you will see a lot of Meucci's that you never noticed before...

Stay Down...Follow Through~