Would Thornsten play a TAR match?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Being that Thorsten doesn't gamble, do think he would do a TAR match? He's a hell of a nice guy and a good sport. Being that TAR puts up the purse for matches I think he might. He's playing the best pool (most game) than he ever has. It would be a great TAR PPV with the right match up I believe. Johnnyt

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I asked that very question in a TAR thread a couple of months ago and Justin basically said that they would like to eventually but as usual it has to do with scheduling etc. Based on what I've read here on the forums and heard on podcasts Thorsten seems to have a fairly good relationship or is at least friendly with Justin and Mark G.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
OK Justin. He,s the hottest guy in pool right now. He is a nice guy. I've met him twice, but really don't know him to ask him if he'd play a TAR match. I know I'd buy the PPV for sure. Shane might be a good fit to play him an all around or just one long race of 9 or 10- ball. Have you tried to get him lately? Johnnyt

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
OK Justin. He,s the hottest guy in pool right now. He is a nice guy. I've met him twice, but really don't know him to ask him if he'd play a TAR match. I know I'd buy the PPV for sure. Shane might be a good fit to play him an all around or just one long race of 9 or 10- ball. Have you tried to get him lately? Johnnyt

Pretty sure he would play if it was a format/game he is interested in. We have talked about it in passing before. I'm guessing some form of all around would be the best fit. Just comes down to details and scheduling.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I wonder if SVB would agree to play Hohman in an all around that had 14.1 as one component. Obviously, Shane would be a strong favorite in a long 10 ball race, but Hohman would certainly be strongly favored in 14.1. 8 ball would be a solid match, but Shane would probably win due to his break. I don't think Thorsten plays one pocket

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I wonder if SVB would agree to play Hohman in an all around that had 14.1 as one component. Obviously, Shane would be a strong favorite in a long 10 ball race, but Hohman would certainly be strongly favored in 14.1. 8 ball would be a solid match, but Shane would probably win due to his break. I don't think Thorsten plays one pocket

Thorsten won a whole bunch of money playing eight ball.

10 Ball/8 Ball/ 14.1 might be an interesting format for Thorsten to play a few people in.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Pretty sure he would play if it was a format/game he is interested in. We have talked about it in passing before. I'm guessing some form of all around would be the best fit. Just comes down to details and scheduling.

Yes, I think an all around would work well with him on PPV. If one is 14.1 he will be really tuff to beat in an all around. Johnnyt

PS: I missed the podcast last night if you had one. If you did I hope Mark G. didn't bring the pictures of his old room in Alaska.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Thorsten won a whole bunch of money playing eight ball.

10 Ball/8 Ball/ 14.1 might be an interesting format for Thorsten to play a few people in.

I think he won 350k winning one of the IPT events (8-ball).

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Seriously bro, you don't need a title... no, for real, you don't.

With that.

I don't know how you do it, but you do it!
1485-too-cool-for-you-bro.jpg