I want your opinion

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I had my D19 refinished recently and went black with green specs. It looks great. On yours I might try black with red specs if the red was on the darker side. I also think white with green might look good, very classic. The green and white was called Courtland #9 I think????

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my D19 refinished recently and went black with green specs. It looks great. On yours I might try black with red specs if the red was on the darker side. I also think white with green might look good, very classic. The green and white was called Courtland #9 I think????

Cortland what are trying to do the poor o.p.?;)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Cortland what are trying to do the poor o.p.?;)

I am pretty sure my Titlist does not have actual Cortland on it, just something that looks similar. After learning what it was and finding out how rare it now is I can believe it is extremely pricey. Does the Cortland feel any different than a decent Irish linen?

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here it is with the wrap copied from the cue below it. May help seeing it with the dark wrap.

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep in mind the last two look better because they were copied from the same photo. Same resolution, lighting, etc. Use the white/black image as a reference only.

:smile:

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I've had the McDermott D4 for about 20 years and the Irish Linen wrap is kind of dirty and worn out. I want to have it replaced and I've never really liked the maroon. It looks worse in person than in this picture, it's almost red in the pic, but a darker maroon in reality. I'm thinking of going black. What color would you guys pick?

18714764123_812d5e607a_b.jpg

i like that Mezz you got there... :)

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually have almost settled on that.

Thanks ScottK for doing this, the black looks really good!

Not a problem. Let me know if you want to see anything else.

My first inclination was Black/Red as well. A black leather wrap would look nice too. Or perhaps:

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A stacked leather wrap would be worth more than the cue!

I sent it in yesterday to Muellers, I went with plain black. I didn't feel too adventurous.
I'll post a pic when I get it back.

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A stacked leather wrap would be worth more than the cue!

I sent it in yesterday to Muellers, I went with plain black. I didn't feel too adventurous.
I'll post a pic when I get it back.

A stacked leather wrap might COST more than the cue. The value of the cue would increase with the wrap.
Hope the black turns out great.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
I would go White with Brown spec as well, would look good on that particular cue. Next choice would be black leather.