Gambling Strategies

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Lenny does have MUCH GAMBLE, but I still disagree. His answer may be good for a " catch all " but I'm sure he will admit it all depends on A LOTTA SHEET and prob not even once has he went strictly by what he posted. I garuntee it. No disrespect Lenny but I'm sure you feel me.

Oh no of course. What I was going for was a good rule of thumb. If somebody doesn't have enough intuition to adjust based on what Lenny and I wrote, they shouldn't play for money at all.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Oh no of course. What I was going for was a good rule of thumb. If somebody doesn't have enough intuition to adjust based on what Lenny and I wrote, they shouldn't play for money at all.

You have to be a good judge of the people you are dealing with. I have come across plenty of people who like to gamble but are bad action. Been stiffed a few times and didn't care much for that but I still don't make everyone post. I guess it depends on how much the bet is and my sense of that person. I also won't deal with cry babies or people who aren't gentleman to play with who have poor etiquette. If I were broke I guess I can't be as choosy with whom I gamble with.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was at hard times and wanted to play a wealthy businessman that i knew was good for $50,000 easily
but player A matched up quickly and the businessman told me to call next time i was in town
Now i knew that the business man hated to be treated like a bum or pool player,he prided himself on having such a good reputation that no one ever asked him to pay till the games were over,he also hated nitty players who needlessly called fouls

so the player a comes over and whispers to his silent partners.is he good for the dough
are you getting the picture,the player was a low rent rough non trusting not so gentlemanly type

so i say just loud enough to be heard,i always make em post(typical pool hall witness)

player a struts over and harmlessly says ,put up for 2 games
the businessman says but i always write a check when i'm through

not with me you don't

so i step up with a sheepish grin and say,your credits good with me
but i will be glad to post if that is ok with you
not asking do you want to play,but shall i post eventhough you don't need to
making it easy to say "heads or tails"

oh no,dean everybody knows you are good,heads or tails
he was good for the money and we didn't post
t
i did cash a huge check and played again,in fact we started playing at his home so his business wouldn't be
everybody's business

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i was at hard times and wanted to play a wealthy businessman that i knew was good for $50,000 easily
but player A matched up quickly and the businessman told me to call next time i was in town
Now i knew that the business man hated to be treated like a bum or pool player,he prided himself on having such a good reputation that no one ever asked him to pay till the games were over,he also hated nitty players who needlessly called fouls

so the player a comes over and whispers to his silent partners.is he good for the dough
are you getting the picture,the player was a low rent rough non trusting not so gentlemanly type

so i say just loud enough to be heard,i always make em post(typical pool hall witness)

player a struts over and harmlessly says ,put up for 2 games
the businessman says but i always write a check when i'm through

not with me you don't

so i step up with a sheepish grin and say,your credits good with me
but i will be glad to post if that is ok with you
not asking do you want to play,but shall i post eventhough you don't need to
making it easy to say "heads or tails"

oh no,dean everybody knows you are good,heads or tails
he was good for the money and we didn't post
t
i did cash a huge check and played again,in fact we started playing at his home so his business wouldn't be
everybody's business[
/QUOTE]

sounds like fast eddie playing the billliard player...:)

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
My advice...

Does anyone have any gambling strategies they'd like to share? There are so many options I sometimes wonder if there is a strategy behind it all. Let's keep our focus on rotation games to avoid confusion.

Plenty of good ideas about strategy posted here. I won't add to it but here's some advice for gamblers...

1) Don't let your ego influence your bets. I've seen some pretty sporty players lose their asses because they gave outrageous spots.

2) If you have a gambling addiction, seek help and/or stop gambling. I have a good friend who has a decent job and plays well, but is homeless. People say he plays with a lot of "heart". I see him as a fool, who bets the rent and grocery money, and never quits till he's blown his whole paycheck.