Daily puzzle, beat SVB!

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
( level easy )

You’re playing Shane Van Boening. 8-ball. Hill hill for a billion dollars. You’re solids. Ball in hand.
Is your key ball 5 or 6?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ball in hand....roll the 5-ball into the corner pocket by the 10-ball...
...brush the 8-ball on the way down table,,,,don’t need to go past the side pocket.

If you can’t find that angle with ball in hand...shouldn’t be playing for that much $$$$$

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...brush the 8-ball on the way down table,,,,don’t need to go past the side pocket.

If you can’t find that angle with ball in hand...shouldn’t be playing for that much $$$$$
OMG you’re bumping balls? Not a bad idea but the 8 goes. I try not to bump when they go.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Put me down for this

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m shooting the five ball into the top right pocket (as looking at the screen) with a natural angle that will bring me to where the seven ball is on the rail. That way if I miss or get bad position, I still have him blocked for the stripe or I can play an easy safety, while nudging the six even closer to the end pocket.

From the seven ball area on the rail, I can go two rails and back to where the nine ball is on the rail for position on the eight.

Last edited:

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must be missing something.

Place CB about 15 inches behind 5 ball, same distance from end rail. Shoot the 5 ball into the nearest corner pocket, let CB go one or two rails to make position on the 6. Ideally the CB is about between the side pockets, unless I overstroked it, then it's below the head-string, maybe even reverse cut position.

Doesn't matter though; shoot 6 in nearest corner for one rail position on the 8 in the same corner I put the 5 ball in.

Unless I misunderstood the directions (always a possibility), that should be about the easiest way to get that done.

Where's my billion bucks?

Or did we want all the english and angles and such?

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m shooting the five ball into the top right pocket (as looking at the screen) with a natural angle that will bring me to where the seven ball is on the rail. That way if I miss or get bad position, I still have him blocked for the stripe or I can play an easy safety, while nudging the six even closer to the end pocket.

From the seven ball area on the rail, I can go two rails and back to where the nine ball is on the rail for position on the eight.

You’re talking about the 7 ball and the 9 ball :confused:. The only balls on the table are 5, 6, 8, & 10.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Cue ball not far from the ten ball and pot the five in the top right corner. Over juice whitey and scratch in the side, then point to the spot on the table where the CB was supposed to stop.

Shane gets out and I drop my bank roll under the table trying to get it out of my pants pocket....crack my head on the table standing back up.:eek:

Pay the man.

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must be missing something.

Place CB about 15 inches behind 5 ball, same distance from end rail. Shoot the 5 ball into the nearest corner pocket, let CB go one or two rails to make position on the 6. Ideally the CB is about between the side pockets, unless I overstroked it, then it's below the head-string, maybe even reverse cut position.

Doesn't matter though; shoot 6 in nearest corner for one rail position on the 8 in the same corner I put the 5 ball in.

Unless I misunderstood the directions (always a possibility), that should be about the easiest way to get that done.

Where's my billion bucks?

Or did we want all the english and angles and such?
I think that’s the obvious choice ( although I’d go 2 cushions to get on the 8 ). I don’t hate the idea of bumping the 8 though. I think most pros wouldnt bump it hill hill. Some would though. This puzzle is from a game I lost ( won the match though ). I made the 5 and for some stupid reason froze him behind the 6. He kicked in the 10 three rails and won the game. That was annoying. I was an idiot for playing a safety with an open table like that. Never let them back at the table if there’s an out.

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue ball not far from the ten ball and pot the five in the top right corner. Over juice whitey and scratch in the side, then point to the spot on the table where the CB was supposed to stop.

Shane gets out and I drop my bank roll under the table trying to get it out of my pants pocket....crack my head on the table standing back up.:eek:

Pay the man.

👏🏻 best plan so far

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
similar thoughts

Pay the man.

Jim,

I think you are more likely than most to live up to your plan! My plan is similar, maybe a little more profitable.

I can't see the diagram at all, probably a security setting. Doesn't matter anyway. My plan would be to play safe and as Shane bends over to shoot snatch the money off the light and book off to the Caribbean. Buy myself a nice island with no extradition and don't post any stupid pictures of the country's leader to piss him off!

Hu

GDC

GlenC
Silver Member

I went home and set it up. And this was exactly what I did ... was the most natural solution.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I can't see the diagram at all, probably a security setting. ...
The OP posted a link rather than upload the image. The image hosting site could have security issues. In any case it's a bad idea to depend on third-party hosting sites because eventually they evaporate or charge money.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Jim,

I think you are more likely than most to live up to your plan! My plan is similar, maybe a little more profitable.

I can't see the diagram at all, probably a security setting. Doesn't matter anyway. My plan would be to play safe and as Shane bends over to shoot snatch the money off the light and book off to the Caribbean. Buy myself a nice island with no extradition and don't post any stupid pictures of the country's leader to piss him off!

Hu

I played with your plan a little but thought that a billion dollars would probably not fit on a light. I am not much of a fighter anymore and Turk would no doubt break my thumbs...again.

The island part sounds damn good though.:cool: