MNSPA update

OneArmed

the agony of billiards...
Silver Member
I just sent out the most recent newsletter for the Minnesota Straight Pool Association, and thought I would post it up here too. As you can see, straight pool is growing in the Twin Cities!

Hello,

This is Matt Lind from the MNSPA. You are receiving this email because you previously had played in or expressed interest in the Minnesota Straight Pool Association (or happen to be in my address book). If you wish to be removed from these types of emails in future, please reply back and let me know that such a travesty has occurred and I will rectify the situation by removing you from future emails.

Straight Pool Tournament - Saturday, March 27, 2010

The MNSPA is running a straight pool tourney this Saturday at Jimmy’s Pro Billiards in Columbia Heights, MN. It will be in round robin format, meaning you will play a lot of matches. Races are 75 in the flights, and races to 125 for finals. The number of flights will be determined by the number of entries. Starts 1:00 pm sharp, $25 entry fee includes green fee. Hope to see you there!

14.1 Leagues starting in April 2010 at 5 locations!

All registrations for MNSPA leagues are due by April 1st. Please visit http://www.mnstraightpool.com to register or for more details.

* Mondays 7pm - Intermediate/Advanced - Jimmy's Pro Billiards, Columbia Heights, MN - starts April 5th
MNSPA handicapping - For players who have the ability to string multiple racks together, with an occasional high run from the 10's to the 50's. - $65

* Mondays 7pm - Beginners - Jimmy's Pro Billiards, Columbia Heights, MN - starts April 5th
MNSPA handicapping - For the player whose high run is between 5-15 with a friendly atmosphere for learning the game. - $50

* Saturdays 1pm - 14and1.com Open - Two Stooges, Fridley, MN - starts April 3rd
14and1.com handicapping - Open division for all, provides 14and1.com sanctioning and handicap system.

The following leagues are not run by the MNSPA, but still good leagues run by 14.1 enthusiasts. Please support the local straight pool community!

* Thursdays - Open - Shooter's Billiard Club, Burnsville, MN - Starts April 15, signup April 8 (formerly on Sunday afternoons)
Please contact Dennis Green for more info. digital_952@yahoo.com
* Mondays - Open - Farmington Billiards, Farmington, MN
Please contact Dan Rider for more information. riderdan@yahoo.com
* Mondays - Open 3M - Al's Billiards, Roseville, MN
Please visit http://www.pool.fryar.org or contact Paul Gorgos for more information.

Thanks and hope to see you all out there!

-Matt Lind
Minnesota Straight Pool Association
MNSTRAIGHTPOOL.COM - (612) 235-6044
info [at] mnstraightpool.com

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope to be attending some of your tournaments soon. As soon as I get my table up and running and get my groove back (it's been a while). Wish I lived closer to the cities though. League play is really what I need to get my legs back.

Congratulations and great job,
Randy