Congrats Schmidty !!!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Congrats on being the 72nd Worlds 14.1 Champion

You played awesome, great job on getting the trophy back on US soil !!

Now i can breathe again !

-Steve

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Agreed! Congrats to the nicest and most down-to-earth top-tier player we know, for bring the title back onto American soil!

I'll be honest, I was split in this one -- part of me wanted to see Efren put that last feather in his bristling headdress to remind the age critics that he's still a force to be reckoned with, before he put that headdress away on the mantle for good. And the other part of me wanted to see you, John, win this one to 1.) silence *your* critics about a player of your monster caliber not having any 14.1 titles, and 2.) bring that championship back home to America, where 14.1 was invented and lived the majority of its life.

Congrats, my friend -- you battled a giant, and won!

-Sean

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Congrats to John he deseves it after seeing his dvd how I run the 100'S I really beleived he could beat anyone.JMHO

greenkill

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Editing photos for NYCGrind.com now.... But why make you guys wait!

Here's our champion!

Attachments

• 2012-08-02-14.1-Day 5-00001.jpg
    2012-08-02-14.1-Day 5-00001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 496

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Besides the trophy and plaque, from that pic it looks like he won and Olympic medal too, LOL.

I'm real happy for John, a deserving champion. I've a feeling this is only the first and there's more to come.

Now please come home, I need another lesson! :grin-square:

greenkill

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes they gave medals to all the players that made the Semi-Finals (Schmidt, Reyes, Eckert, Appleton)

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
What awesome news! Congrats to John, great to see you on top. No questions, no way! TOP DOG!!!

Congrats!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thumbs Up

Congrats to John Schmidt & the USA.
I am very happy to see that they gave out medals. That can become a very special event in years to come and it is most certainly a lot to be proud of.
A job well done Sir.

Michael Fedak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bravo, John !!!
Rising to the challenge when the pressure was really on !

Efren wasn't giving an inch, and when he relentlessly came back with that big 100+ run and grabbed the lead, it took a true champion to dig down deep and stay focused.

A well-deserved crown for a great guy. Enjoy it!

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice guy. Great player. A true champion.
Thanks to all the players for a great tournament. I had a great time for the two days I went.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Congrats John! Not much of a surprise though---- it was only a matter of time before you played to your full potential in that tournament.

Good job!

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Congrats John. Agree with everyone - no surprise at all. Wish I got the chance to see some more of your matches this week; sounds like you were at the top of your game. You must've put on a great show.

Congrats again. I believe few, if any, wanted this victory as much as you. It must be a tremendous feeling, and it is entirely deserved. You'll have this forever.

- Steve

Jagr Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations, John Schmidt...

Does anyone have the pay-outs for the 14.1 World Straight Pool Championship...??

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
From an earlier email from Dragon:

1st $10,500
2nd 5300
3-4th 3000
5-8th 2200
9-16th 1275
17-24 400

Versus last year, with 64 players:
1st....$20,000
2nd....10,000
3-4......5,000
5-8......2,350
9-16....1,400
17-32.....600​

Total $70,200 last year versus $44,000 this year.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Congrats John. Agree with everyone - no surprise at all. Wish I got the chance to see some more of your matches this week; sounds like you were at the top of your game. You must've put on a great show.

Congrats again. I believe few, if any, wanted this victory as much as you. It must be a tremendous feeling, and it is entirely deserved. You'll have this forever.

- Steve

Amen !
I enjoyed Johns performance a lot- it was good to see that he wanted this victory-no matter how!
For sure i pressed my thumbs for Ralph, who also played a fabulous tournament, but John was for sure the player who deserved this title like no other,

congrats again John

lg from overseas,

Ingo

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I recall during one of his player review long runs John said he has enough stamina and focus for such runs but fails to come up with his best game at a tournament with kinda short races (not exactly what he said but you got the sence). That's great he finally overcame this and delivered! John Schmidt = Champion, like his plaque says ;)