Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
manufact_06.gif

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Clearing_The_Table01.gif

From there we need to evaluate what we have and what we don't have. We have a clear shot on the 4, to set us up for the one - BUT - we also have the 11 and the 13 that need to go into the opposite corner. We have already identified our set up ball, our key ball and our break ball - so it is extremely important to deal with the 11 and the 13 quickly and CORRECTLY.

Our first shot is the 4 in the corner, setting us up for a semi-long shot on the 1 ball. We are setting our cue ball up to get position for the 2 ball - from there the 11 and the 13 can go directly into the top corner pocket easily

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Clearing_The_Table02.gif

We send the 1 ball up into the top left corner pocket and slide over for the 2 ball.

It is imperative that we get straight on the 2 so that we can stop our cue ball. This will set us up for the 11 and 13 balls.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Clearing_The_Table03.gif

We pocket the 2 ball and leave ourselves on the 11 and 13. We then need to decide which ball to shoot in first, the 11 or the 13.

If we shoot the 11 ball in first, that would have us shooting the 13 in the lower right hand corner pocket. It is my preference to stay on the same side of the table as the set up ball (3 ball). That way I don't have to play multi rail position and come through the 12 and the 8 balls to get on the 3 ball.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Clearing_The_Table04.gif

Pocketing the 13 and getting shape on the 11 is the most important shot of this sequence. We have to avoid hitting the 8 ball while pocketing the 13. This will set us up for the 11 in the same corner pocket - leading us to our set up ball, the 3.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Clearing_The_Table05.gif

We pocket the 11 and slide over to get straight in on the 3 ball.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Clearing_The_Table06.gif

This is what we have worked for - a stright in shot on the 3 to set us up for our key ball, the 12.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Clearing_The_Table07.gif

We pocket our key ball and get the desired angle for our break shot.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Clearing_The_Table08.gif

This result will keep your run alive.

All of this work started by manufacturing a break ball from the pack. Constantly evaluate the stack for opportunites that will get you into the next rack of balls.

Last edited:

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
i prefer this. it eliminates the long far corner shot. looks do-able because the 4 looks like it has an angle. after the three balls, shoot the 11/13 as you please and come out for the 3.

Attachments

• runout222.jpg
    runout222.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 404

VKJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackjack,

Wonderful stuff!

I asked this on another of your 14.1 threads so sorry for the repeat. Is this book your posting from available or will it be available?

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
VKJ said:
Blackjack,
I asked this on another of your 14.1 threads so sorry for the repeat. Is this book your posting from available or will it be available?
I hope Blackjack will exuse me for giving an answer for him. Here is a quote from AzB columnists description:
I began writing about pool in 1991, with my first book, "Stroke of Genius", followed by "The Growling Point". The proceeds of my books go to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation as well as the Jimmy V Foundation. I have recently written two more books, "Lessons in 9 Ball" and "Building the Perfect Game". I enjoy teaching the game of pool to layers of all skill levels and passing along my experience and knowledge to those that can benefit from it.
Also there is a copyright of 1992 and 1998 below the pictures, which I suppose means the books were released. I wonder if they are still available at the market.

VKJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vahmurka,
Thanks for the info. I saw the copyright dates but I'm shocked I have never heard of them.
I would love to get a copy if they are still available. Are they?

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GREAT stuff Blackjack! manufacturing breakers is an art in itself, and a dead giveaway to a great player. There are a few excelent Accu-stats vids of Dallas West running balls smooth as silk and making break balls. Very much to be learned from that!

Gerry

Kevin

Dr. Kevorkian of Threads
Silver Member
Gerry said:
GREAT stuff Blackjack! manufacturing breakers is an art in itself, and a dead giveaway to a great player. There are a few excelent Accu-stats vids of Dallas West running balls smooth as silk and making break balls. Very much to be learned from that!

Gerry

Concur. Manufacturing break balls shows well-ordered pool minds at work, far ahead of the rather pedestrian types like me that shoot first then say... whadda-fook(that was an easy but stupid shot!) I just did, now its hard going. Watching Efren vids going two rails to bump with perfect angle and speed is also eye-opening.

True masters at work, I look forward to acquiring the Dallas West videos mentioned.

Gerry, come to Japan or Kansas in August and play me sometime. <>