Picture for Dean Campbell

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Dean maybe one or these next decades your yankee team can perform and you can take a proud picture like this!!!!!

Attachments

• Proud.jpg
    Proud.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 590
Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's to almost getting half-way there, Yankees fans.

Attachments

• IMG_20181029_164139.jpg
    IMG_20181029_164139.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 566

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hii Bob........just keep in mind that the Yankees finished under the MLB salary cap & payroll now resets.
The much heralded 2019 free agency bonanza is about to happen & NY Yankees now have cash galore.

All they have to do is dump Boone as manager. First year managers suck if’you overlook O’Farrell in 2013
or Correa right now. I guess that only applies to NY; the truth is the team was better managed with Girardi.

Matt B.

Last edited:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Right. Girardi was the only one in that organization I liked and they fired him. It doesn't matter if the have all the cash, they still need the brains to buy the right players.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rub it in

Your Sox were a great team this year

I am pulling for my Yanks next year

Best wishes to all you baseball fans,

It is still Americas Game
dean

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the series.
It was a snoozer.
It was worse than watching two half blind and deaf old guys play one pocket.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually for baseball fans everywhere, true baseball fans, it was okay incldg. an 18 innings game.

Sure, it could have been closer but it revealed the truth......Free Agency is what seals the deal.

It also confirmed the current disparity in competitive play between the Al & NL Divisions of MLB.

Mookie played great and deserves the MVP accompanied by a close runner-up by J.D. Martinez.

But make no mistake about it....without J.D., who was a free agent signing last year, Boston loses.

That's right......they do not even advance in the playoffs and may not have even qualified at all.

David Price was another free agent signing a couple of years ago. Free Agency gives you an edge.

The 2019 free agency crop is unprecedented and a lot of MLB teams will become more competitive.

Does Boston have the monetary might to keep spending? Well, that's likely as not so get ready.

Houston, Cleveland, Chicago Cubs, Brewers, Rockies and of course, the Yankees will spend big.

That's why a baseball dynasty seems impossible nowadays......Free Agency changed the outlook.

16 weeks 'til pitchers & catchers report for Spring Training.......get ready.....the reckoning is coming.

Matt B.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I'm not a Yankee fan, but I do have one of these:

Attachments

• Mickey Mantle 4.jpg
    Mickey Mantle 4.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 245

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Hii Bob........just keep in mind that the Yankees finished under the MLB salary cap & payroll now resets.
The much heralded 2019 free agency bonanza is about to happen & NY Yankees now have cash galore.

All they have to do is dump Boone as manager. First year managers suck if’you overlook O’Farrell in 2013
or Correa right now. I guess that only applies to NY; the truth is the team was better managed with Girardi.

Matt B.

They won a 100 games and you want to get rid of the manager ?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only won 100 games with many many injuries
Didi,judge,Sanchez,,stanton playing hurt

why get rid of the manager is a good question