Kenny Koo & Joey Bautista cues

EddySJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do feel fortunate!

He's making me a Honduran Rosewood Burl bumperless Hoppe PJ with an elephant testicle wrap! The wood looks sick!!! And it's always good to play "ball in hand"... Lol.

It should be "the nuts" when done...couldn't resist;)

Very nice woods there on the posts. That is the first time i've seen burl Pink Ivory.
WOW

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Late Birthday present:p:thumbup:

Owner: "thediamond"
Simonhoppe006.jpg

Simonhoppe001.jpg

Simonhoppe002.jpg

Simonhoppe003.jpg

Simonhoppe005.jpg

Simonhoppe004.jpg
I need a cue like this in my life. Awesome work and craftsmanship. :)

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember the Craigslist shenanigans with this cue
I'm unaware of the background to this post. There were other shenanigans to come (perhaps related) as this cue got lost in the mail along with a cue from Joey B, both ended up on Craigslist in Atlanta then in my hands. I got the Joey back to its original owner, who thought it gone forever, and was rewarded with this cue, which I had refinished by Richard Hsu. Cue on left. Right is a SE cue also refinished by Richard. If you can steer me into a lead on the shenanigans story I'd love to know more about my cue.
5400767977246a6a6e807548052b6cb8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or have I simply reiterated the shenanigans: are they in part, despite my non-Irish genealogy, my shenanigans?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'm unaware of the background to this post. There were other shenanigans to come (perhaps related) as this cue got lost in the mail along with a cue from Joey B, both ended up on Craigslist in Atlanta then in my hands. I got the Joey back to its original owner, who thought it gone forever, and was rewarded with this cue, which I had refinished by Richard Hsu. Cue on left. Right is a SE cue also refinished by Richard. If you can steer me into a lead on the shenanigans story I'd love to know more about my cue.
5400767977246a6a6e807548052b6cb8.jpg

Props to you bud.
You got two great players there.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
My buddy bought the koo off of Craigslist and somehow it never ended up in his hands. Out the cash and the cue. Pretty simple.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then I bought the cue locally here in the bay area from said craigslist scammer who ripped off Tattoo's friend (all of this unbeknownst to me). Craigslist is Buyer Be Ware, and it's a shame that scams like this happen. Lesson being: Don't send money to an out of state craigslist seller as there is no recourse. It wasn't even advertised as a Koo cue if I remember correctly. He didn't know what it was. I traded him some bike parts and cash for it.

I kept it for a while then sold it as the hit wasn't to my taste. Glad someone ended up with it. The woods are super high quality! Now you know the story... don't let any of this drama keep you from enjoying a nicely made cue. Those Koo Cues are hard to find, that's for sure!

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Thanks tattoo and galipeau for chiming in, now it's my story which is next chapter.

I traded a cue for the Koo in 2016, and have it shipped to Joey B for checking, because Joey was refinishing a cue for me at the moment, actually two cues. I was going to give the Koo to my brother in law to play with.

Joey checked the Koo and said he liked it, apart from it being played, it was in good shape, I asked if it needed a refinish Joey said no need then.

Joey shipped the Koo and a Joey cue to me in a JB case, and the whole package was stolen. 4 months later after some investigation request submitted to USPS, Joey was contacted by Althair asking if he'd known the Joey cue, only clue was the stag horn collar on the Joey, other than that, the Joey cue looked like a production house cue.

Althair bought it of craigslist in Atlanta. He did not know either cue but the engraved logo on Koo cue was realized by his friends, he contacted Kenny and Kenny said the one who would use stag horn as collar was Joey B.

I was thankful I asked Joey to put both cues in a JB case, and paid for extra weight because if it had not been for the case, the cues would have been separated and the Joey cue would have been lost forever.

I contacted Althair and learned that he had retired and was starting to play and learn about cues, he bought the package to add to his arsenal which only had one Richard Hsu cue. I told him the Joey cue was my player and was the most important cue to me, and I offered him to keep the Koo cue as a gift. I am happy he accepted that.

Now I think that Koo cue is in the best hands for it, he sent it for a refinish and re-wrap which made it absolutely pop. I am happy for him as he will now play with it and enjoy it more and more, Kenny sure makes great playing cue, and being a BEM Plain Jane, it is just an ideal everyday carry.

Cuong.

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I started this in a sense by posting my Koo and hearing tell of Shenanigans. I now think of it as my Infamous cue: sold as bait on Craigslist but never delivered, a few years later sold but lost/stolen in the mail. Then I bought it on Craigslist along with the Joey. At that point (correcting Cuong's account) I did my own research online, in fact I'd already identified Kenny Koo as a respected custom cue maker before I bought it on Craigslist! Once home with both Cues I messaged Kenny to see if he could tell me anything about the cue. I also asked about the second cue - - a high gloss wrapless cue with curious discoloration in the butt cap and joints. Kenny told me that was Buckhorn and suggested that Joey B might know more about that cue. So I contacted Joey who informed me that he'd shipped both Cues months earlier and they had vanished. And the next morning I heard from Cuong asking me about returning his Cues. I shipped the Joey to Joey who returned it to Cuong and was rewarded with the Koo, which I've had refinished and added a stacked leather wrap to. And that completes the tale of the Infamous cue. Now, my primary player is my Richard Hsu and I'm also crazy about my SE (Nat Green) Plain Jane, so technically I could part with the Koo if a collector wanted to continue the story.
9ec9b7d98d094cd58f59dcfce083d041.jpg
2bb3e982a49b9840ce97f229e84f092a.jpg
21b9eebbbfc1b4db00647390137fec22.jpg
952df6a44bd621544cb9bbeab52e0b98.jpg
5e9aab59359b3b470c5ea3ed3a728272.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Well, I started this in a sense by posting my Koo and hearing tell of Shenanigans. I now think of it as my Infamous cue: sold as bait on Craigslist but never delivered, a few years later sold but lost/stolen in the mail. Then I bought it on Craigslist along with the Joey. At that point (correcting Cuong's account) I did my own research online, in fact I'd already identified Kenny Koo as a respected custom cue maker before I bought it on Craigslist! Once home with both Cues I messaged Kenny to see if he could tell me anything about the cue. I also asked about the second cue - - a high gloss wrapless cue with curious discoloration in the butt cap and joints. Kenny told me that was Buckhorn and suggested that Joey B might know more about that cue. So I contacted Joey who informed me that he'd shipped both Cues months earlier and they had vanished. And the next morning I heard from Cuong asking me about returning his Cues. I shipped the Joey to Joey who returned it to Cuong and was rewarded with the Koo, which I've had refinished and added a stacked leather wrap to. And that completes the tale of the Infamous cue. Now, my primary player is my Richard Hsu and I'm also crazy about my SE (Nat Green) Plain Jane, so technically I could part with the Koo if a collector wanted to continue the story.

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk

I remember following all that mess. lol. Good on you for returning the cue.