WTB 3x6 Jim Murnak

Tmac

Registered
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Black Cherry preferred but not necessary. Cross zippers in front and side pockets a must. Need not be in mint condition.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I may have one... let me contact my friend who mentioned selling it the other day.

I'll post a reply shortly.

Update: His is a 2x4.

Last edited:

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Black Cherry preferred but not necessary. Cross zippers in front and side pockets a must. Need not be in mint condition.

Have you ever seen a Murnak case in person and inspected the quality? I bought one once and was very disappointed. Make sure you can return it if you don't like it!!! I don't think IndyQ will allow returns on the Murnaks. That should say somthing.

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Have you ever seen a Murnak case in person and inspected the quality? I bought one once and was very disappointed. Make sure you can return it if you don't like it!!! I don't think IndyQ will allow returns on the Murnaks. That should say somthing.

I have a Murnak (not for sale!) and it's top notch. It's my understanding he's no longer making cases, though, so finding one for sale will probably get more difficult.

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have a Murnak (not for sale!) and it's top notch. It's my understanding he's no longer making cases, though, so finding one for sale will probably get more difficult.

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. I expected top notch but that is far from what I got. I have wondered if perhaps mine was made by an apprentice in his shop. I got it right before he stopped making cases. It had the handle sewn on noticeably crooked, glue lines exposed in the way oversized tubes, loose leather, uneven stitching and the cheap latch broke during shipment. Overall, it was very poor quality. I have also heard stories about the bottoms dropping and the nails scratching cues.

The OP needs to be able to return it if it was made like mine. IndyQ will not allow returns on the Murnaks. So buyer beware. But hopefully, he will find a quality one like yours from a fellow AZer.

FYI... I have also owned Porper, Instroke, GTF, Swift, Flowers, Ron Thomas, Dan Whitten and John Barton cases. So I am familiar with the quality of cases.

Last edited:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Jim Murnak

I bought a soft sided case from Jim about 2 years ago and the sleeves that hold the butts were too tight. I sent Jim photos and he sent me a new case and didn't want the other one back...he let me keep both and charged nothing for shipping! Jim is a stand up guy and makes a great case!

Wedge

$$PAPINO$$

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Muranck case

I bought mine from him about 2 yrs ago.. It took 6 mths longer to get it made than first told me.. And then he sent me the wrong color leather... By that time i was so happy to get it after almost a year i just kept it... As far as craftsman ship it is good but i also have some loose leather that could be pulled up a little tighter... Here are some pics

Attachments

• poolcues 001.jpg
    poolcues 001.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 234
  • poolcues 007.jpg
    poolcues 007.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 219
  • poolcues 008.jpg
    poolcues 008.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 223

Tmac

Registered
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Murnak cases

Curious that, if Murnak cases are so poorly constructed, there are so few for sale. Still looking for a Murnak 3x6 as described above, having outgrown my Murnak 2x4.