Q for Meucci Buffs

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Searched all over for model. It looks like the MO~7 or 84~5 in catalogues. Original script but mine has the flat rubber bumper not the round bulb style. Couldn't of had newer bumper style as a replacement cause different diameter opening right? Also has a cream colored linen wrap(factory cleared) strange unless ordered that way...Any thoughts? Thanks, AJ

Attachments

• image (10).jpg
    image (10).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 390
  • image (11).jpg
    image (11).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 372

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, the Carolina is 4 sale/trade(felon repellent) in the for sale sub forum....May sell the Meucci too? (back when the mooch'ez were good ones! Lol)

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Searched all over for model. It looks like the MO~7 or 84~5 in catalogues. Original script but mine has the flat rubber bumper not the round bulb style. Couldn't of had newer bumper style as a replacement cause different diameter opening right? Also has a cream colored linen wrap(factory cleared) strange unless ordered that way...Any thoughts? Thanks, AJ

If you are looking for an exact model ID, I can't help you. Meucci has had this model of cue in their stable for quite some time (same butt cap and joint design). It has different model numbers depending upon the catalog (http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/). I owned 2 of them. My first looked like the ones in most of the pictures (grey forearm and black wrap). But my second cue looked a lot like yours. I got it around 1988-9 and it was not special ordered. It had a honey colored forearm, 4 veneers (red, black, red, black), and a light speckled wrap. Even in the 1984 second series cues, the bumpers were flat. I believe that a friend of mine still has the second cue. I preferred my Meucci S/P ('92), which I still own.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
clear coat

Meucci began putting the clear coat over the entire butt, including the wrap, to cut costs in the '80s. I was very disappointed when this happened. Why have a wrap and then cover it?

They also began a new line with the original logo a few years back, when it became clear that many players preferred the original "originals". This was disappointing as well, as now it's sometimes difficult to put an age on their cues.

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just chatted withTerry(poolcrazy) He confirmed it as a n 84~5.. The "Arkansas Wildman" knows his Heublers and Meucci's no doubt!
:grin:

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just chatted withTerry(poolcrazy) He confirmed it as a MO~7 made from '75~till '84 series came out. later builds could have the flat instead of button bumpers. The "Arkansas Wildman" knows his Heublers and Meuccies no doubt!
:grin:

:smile:

Did poolcrazy tell you the two secrets on----how to tell a MO-7 from the 1984-1990 model?

:ignore:

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:smile:

Did poolcrazy tell you the two secrets on----how to tell a MO-7 from the 1984-1990 model?

:ignore:

Didn't ask...He did say the later MO~7's b4 the '84 series had the stainless pin/flat rubber bumper, and the earlier have brass pin/button bumper.The 84 series was the 84~5 model right? What's your in the know? The more knowledge the better!

theluckfactor

all in the presentation
Silver Member
It was standard to have the wrap covered and I think I have the same model cue. Do you have any idea where I can get that flat bottom bumper?

Thanks for your help.

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sent Terry pics of pin & weight bolt and it's a Model 84~5...Still an old one and I like the way it plays. Had one like it in the 80's when I was living in Tulsa, and I got this one for a decent price. Takes me back to the Billiard Palace days keeping me young! Lol...