Peoria's own won the mens teams Vegas

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Props to the home town guys for 1st place in Vegas. Racks on the Rocks. Our only Poolhall in Peoria! Great shooting! :smile:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Judex/Rob Williams/Bob Vallas/Bob McKown/Tim Phillips/Josh Franklin/Don Durand..

Scott Smith used to introduce Judex James as the Midwest's best kept secret,
....a nice enough person...but he had a disconcerting habit of running racks on you.

:clapping:

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In his 70's but still plays real good! Some friends here call him Fuzzy! Heis in great shape last time I saw him...He and Local player Tammie Cox are now an item and well deserved...

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Is there a way to find out who is on each team?

Or even the state. On the brackets when you click on a team, it only appears to take you to their route through the tournament. Which is nice.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is Judex James on the team?

Yes, he is. I was with Jay, and I pointed to a player and said that he looked like Judex James. Jay agreed, and we left it at that. I checked the scoresheet , and lo and behold, it was he! Great player

Freddie <~~~ not blind, for once

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to those guys. We played them for the hot seat Saturday afternoon and they beat us. They were an extremely nice and friendly bunch of guys and showed a lot of class. I wish them nothing but the best. We got beat later that afternoon and took 3rd. I was hoping we could get a rematch in the finals but it wasn't to be.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Congrats to Peoria -- they had a solid 5 and Judex is still a champion at the age of 74.

The Peoria team and Houston team were two of the most gracious and well mannered (for lack of a better term) teams we played during the tournament.

We would like to invite them to Teachers in St Charles MO for a rematch. Scores of the finals for us were 13-5 win, 13-10 loss (after we were down 11-3).

Signed Team PEGT Tour (second place).

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
How's it play in Peoria? Pretty damned well, it seems. Congrats to the winners. :)

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Peoria -- they had a solid 5 and Judex is still a champion at the age of 74.

The Peoria team and Houston team were two of the most gracious and well mannered (for lack of a better term) teams we played during the tournament.

We would like to invite them to Teachers in St Charles MO for a rematch. Scores of the finals for us were 13-5 win, 13-10 loss (after we were down 11-3).

Signed Team PEGT Tour (second place).

What was the cutoff for the Gold Division because I see your Fargo adds up to 3510? Shouldn't that high of a rating have put you in the Platinum?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
What was the cutoff for the Gold Division because I see your Fargo adds up to 3510? Shouldn't that high of a rating have put you in the Platinum?

Math fail.

There are 5 players in each round - not 6 as you added up. Your top 5 is your team total.

By the way - for 5 players, 3510 would put you over what was even allowed in Platnium so you are full of inaccurate facts.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Math fail.

There are 5 players in each round - not 6 as you added up. Your top 5 is your team total.

By the way - for 5 players, 3510 would put you over what was even allowed in Platnium so you are full of inaccurate facts.

I didn't know the facts...that's why I was asking the question you D*CK

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Judex/Rob Williams/Bob Vallas/Bob McKown/Tim Phillips/Josh Franklin/Don Durand..

SWEET!! Great playing fellas! I'll make sure to buy JJ a Miller Lite the next time I see him...the rest of those schlubs can buy their own :p

oh, and good eyes Freddie. Did he give you any guff about your attire like some others from Peoria usually do?! :cool:

Rob Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would first like to thank everyone for the kind words! It was a honor to be the Captain of such a great group of guys. Also,a big thanks to our sponsor Tom Miller and his pool hall Racks on the Rocks and to Mike Green, our League Operator. We faced many talented teams over the course of the week, all were respectful and sportsmen. You have to play well and have things go your way to win any tournament, we were fortunate enough to do so.

JZMechanix

Silver Member
Congrats!

Congrats to Rob Williams and the rest of the team members! Racks on the Rocks is one of the finest pool rooms I've ever had the pleasure of working and playing in. Good people all around :thumbup: