Championship cloth

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Hey AZBers, I have a Valley with Championship 3030 cloth that is less than a year old, probably about 100 games on it and a Gold Crown with Simonis 860 that is about due to be replaced, its 4 years old. Anyway, I can always get a good solid rack on the Simonis with my Delta 13 but on the Championship the balls always move slightly when trying to rack. Just recently I racked the balls and wedged them tight in the rack then put about 20#s on the rack and balls overnight to "train" the cloth and this has helped. I notice the same problem at some of our larger local tournaments, the table vendor uses Championship also and you have a very hard time getting a tight rack. Its not just the head ball, even the other balls roll around. The reason I bought the Valley and put Championship on it was so that I had a table at home to practice on like the ones often used at tournaments so I dont really want to change the cloth. Just wondering if anyone has the same problem and if there is anyway to improve racking without using a template. I dont think its the way I rack, we mainly play on Diamonds with Simonis and I can always get a tight rack. Thank you.