Deleting Account?

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
a cry for help, you'd have to know my idenity for that logic to hold up. something i'd never give out to this group.

ur right, this group is like booze to me.... i wanna be banned. what do i need to say to get it? but if you through all you should know that since somebody feels they can ban one of my opinions, why not delete them all? that is why the ultimatum. god my internet connection sucks :(

Call me names, oh and use cuss words to add effect. If you want to get banned, you can use me.

P.S. I have no problem with you, just trying to help your request :)

enzo

Banned
Enzo,

Can you not see that this post disproves your entire premise? For the sake of argument let us say that Mr. Lee is 100% wrong about this. Let's say the rules are clear and the player is not required to call a foul on himself.

Can you see that a respected instructor who is only interested in advertising his business is committing a grave error with such an obviously wrong interpretation of the rules? Furthermore he labels people who don't call fouls on themselves cheaters who might have been viable prospects for his services. But by alienating them with his statement he may be costing himself clients. A person who is only interested in promoting their own business takes a much less controversial position and tries to pander to both sides of the topic, remaining adroitly balanced on the fence and tap dancing for your entertainment.

Lastly, you say that there is no black and white but that Mr. Lee is 100% wrong. You seem confused here as that would mean that the situation you describe is black and white if one side is 100% wrong and the other side is by default 100% right.

I happen to agree with Mr. Lee if the situation is thus; A player commits a foul in a match without a referee and the opponent does not see it. Morally the player who committed the foul should inform his opponent of it. If they do not they are cheating the integrity of the game regardless of what the rules say. If a player has committed a foul that is a ball in hand penalty then they certainly will be in no further penalty by picking up the cue ball and handing it to the opponent.

It is very sad if this is the entire basis of your attack on Mr. Lee and the ensuing drama of wanting to erase all of your content. However I would be very grateful if you would PM me the trick about erasing all of the content via a signature as there are some message boards where I may want to apply it. It would be nicer though if you would stay and continue to have good discourse.

well, youd be wrong too, he didnt cheat, read the rules. we can bet on it if youd like, not sure how else to solve it. its not cheating the integrity of the game he said, he said it was cheating, he was wrong, so are you if you say the same. the thing people seem to have a hard time understanding is im not advocating not calling every foul, just saying there is no foul if you dont say anything after a foul. now if a player away from the table asks you if you fouled after u did, and you misinform, then im not on board with that at all.

there is technically a foul involved if the cb is picked up after a foul by outgoing player, at least we had figured it that way in another thread here. we dont play that way, but that is the rule, and its a good one-- why in the world does outgoing need to touch the cb? doesnt make sense to you im sure-- nothing logical seems to.

Roadie

Banned
im not sure why i have to answer this, but yes, he cheated. um, if u foul and u keep shooting, you cheated. and sombody just callled ME 5?! the context was he said people that go sit down after a foul have cheated. what other context is there? i cant go through every one of these kinda absurd statements. now a another guy is commenting on my grammer, lol. can u say bandwagon? if this was a thesis id get it right-- ooops, if this was a thesis i'd get it right (don't wanna upset your delicate sensibilities)

That was me being the grammar (not grammer) police. My dear father sends me the most godawful sometimes nearly unintelligible emails. He cannot spell to save his life. But he is articulate and communicates his point well. He did not go to college. I don't think he finished high school.

The point is that his grammar is tolerable because he doesn't know any better. Yours is not because you should know better. And why do I feel that "u" should know better? Because you bragged about your masters degree.

This is not a bandwagon issue. As you said when one gives their opinion then it should be open to criticism. Well when you present your credentials don't be surprised if they are questioned when the content doesn't match the claim.

You seem to have a problem with Mr. Lee and instructors in general. I went and read the thread that you referenced. It's also good netiquette to post a link when doing so by the way. In that thread about 10 people also labeled it cheating to not call a foul on oneself before Mr. Lee chimed in. So why did you single Mr. Lee out?

And again, if Mr. Lee was blatantly wrong then he just harmed himself which is not self-promoting as you claimed. There is no business benefit to Mr. Lee taking a hard moral position when some potential clients are on the other side of the issue.

enzo

Banned
Call me names, oh and use cuss words to add effect. If you want to get banned, you can use me.

ok, to aka trigger.... your momma!

is that good enough, or do i need more, seriously... im not nasty enough maybe? i can work on it. maybe i need mr wilsons momma involved? since this is mob rule and hes the king, i think so.... ?

Roadie

Banned
well, youd be wrong too, he didnt cheat, read the rules. we can bet on it if youd like, not sure how else to solve it. its not cheating the integrity of the game he said, he said it was cheating, he was wrong, so are you if you say the same. the thing people seem to have a hard time understanding is im not advocating not calling every foul, just saying there is no foul if you dont say anything after a foul. now if a player away from the table asks you if you fouled after u did, and you misinform, then im not on board with that at all.

there is technically a foul involved if the cb is picked up after a foul by outgoing player, at least we had figured it that way in another thread here. we dont play that way, but that is the rule, and its a good one-- why in the world does outgoing need to touch the cb? doesnt make sense to you im sure-- nothing logical seems to.

If a player deliberately touches a ball knowing that he will not be caught has he cheated?

If the answer is yes then what is the difference when a player accidentally touches a ball but knows that no one else saw it and he chooses not to inform the incoming player?

What does touching the cue ball have to do with it? If a player has committed a foul and he knows it then he can juggle the cueball because the penalty is exactly the same. The only reason NOT to touch the cueball is to conceal the foul for the purpose of not paying the penalty of giving up ball in hand. Which in my opinion is a dishonorable move and a cheat regardless of whether the rules allow for a don't ask don't tell policy on fouls or not.

enzo

Banned
That was me being the grammar (not grammer) police. My dear father sends me the most godawful sometimes nearly unintelligible emails. He cannot spell to save his life. But he is articulate and communicates his point well. He did not go to college. I don't think he finished high school.

The point is that his grammar is tolerable because he doesn't know any better. Yours is not because you should know better. And why do I feel that "u" should know better? Because you bragged about your masters degree.

This is not a bandwagon issue. As you said when one gives their opinion then it should be open to criticism. Well when you present your credentials don't be surprised if they are questioned when the content doesn't match the claim.

You seem to have a problem with Mr. Lee and instructors in general. I went and read the thread that you referenced. It's also good netiquette to post a link when doing so by the way. In that thread about 10 people also labeled it cheating to not call a foul on oneself before Mr. Lee chimed in. So why did you single Mr. Lee out?

And again, if Mr. Lee was blatantly wrong then he just harmed himself which is not self-promoting as you claimed. There is no business benefit to Mr. Lee taking a hard moral position when some potential clients are on the other side of the issue.

this is my last reponse to you, but you are just so wrong on so many levels. he was making a point of telling people how much integrity he has (ie, this gets clients mind you, not sure if that would be clear in your case), yet he was stating an absolute falsehood that is detrimental to billiards, as i know many very sporty players that simply go sit after fouls. not to cheat but just because, why not? if they get asked they say, yep, foul.

enzo

Banned

im not sure if my last one worked or not. u wont be offended will you... promise me....

ok, to aka trigger..... you are an idiot for letting me call you names. oh i hate doing that, haha. really.

i think i read in the rules you cant call people idiots. its weird because there are so many here (not u aka). so is that enough? btw, get 5 good players, my chalenge still applies to any instructor.... ill put forth a how to get strong at pool, and they can as well, and well have some good judges. maybe that will be enzo2 territory.

bboxgrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roadie...Apparently I must have missed it too. While I may hold a private opinion of enzo, to my knowledge I have never publicly attacked him/her here, or anywhere else. I have never PM'd this person, nor did I make any attempt to have his dirogatory thread removed. If you get "the full story", please let me in on it! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott I think the full story is he thinks you &*^&*^*^*&^*&^ lol ;)

Roadie

Banned
this is my last reponse to you, but you are just so wrong on so many levels. he was making a point of telling people how much integrity he has (ie, this gets clients mind you, not sure if that would be clear in your case), yet he was stating an absolute falsehood that is detrimental to billiards, as i know many very sporty players that simply go sit after fouls. not to cheat but just because, why not? if they get asked they say, yep, foul.

He was stating his personal stance on the issue. As did many others in that thread.

So you feel that he only posted taking a firm stance as an absolute moralist in order to get clients? Is this Mr. Lee's way of vetting clients? My apologies but I fail to see this as a viable marketing strategy.

And apparently the majority of posters in that thread do not agree with your position. So it does not seem as if Mr. Lee's position is absolutely false, or actually false to any degree really.

Just because you know players who don't inform their opponents of fouls does not make the practice right. The skill level of the player has nothing whatsoever to do with the practice. As my mother used to say, if everyone jumped off the cliff would you follow them?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
what im about to say may get me banned (that is a play on a malcom x speach btw).

here is my ultimatum to the mods.

put all my posts/threads back, or delete me and all my posts. implication being, i feel ive always acted reasonably, especially in light of what ive seen others get away with. and if you dont put it all back, i want out as i dont want to be a member under the guidelines of a "ruling and respected elite".

That's not much of an ultimatum. The mods could choose to do neither of your requests. Why not just walk away?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
another bandwagon jumper. this forum is full of them. you probably dont even know the issue(s) here. i dont claim to be better either jay, just claim that PERHAPS a pool community thinking with half an ounce of wisdom would want to keep somebody like me. i guess not... and im cool with it. thanks for taking the time to very altruistically pat yourself on the back again just like scott does all the time.

I do see many people on here that want you to stay. Your reading comprehension skills are as weak as your argument. As for me I disagree with them. I couldn't care less if you stay or go. You're just another crybaby seeking attention imo.

Have a nice day on your next forum. I'm sure if you keep looking around you can find one that suits your taste. Why don't you start your own, the ENZO Forum. It can be all about you and you get to moderate it to keep people like me out. :thumbup2:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Enzo,
As an instructor, I have learned more from teaching than I ever did from learning. One of the most important things that I have learned is that everybody is different - we learn different - we stand different - stroke different - think different - and for that reason there will be things that apply to some players, whereas other players can get by on a completely different set of rules.

Center to edge is not right or wrong - for some it is a God-send - where other players can get by using ghost-ball aiming - that's just the way the world works. If we all approached and viewed every situation and every topic the same exact way -or- if we all did things the same exact way - we'd all be bored shitless.

Scott and I are very good friends. We teach the game quite differently, but we always find a way to meet in the middle on most every subject and topic. When it comes to instruction, I've never found a reason to argue with Scott about anything despite the fact that we are completely different. IN those areas where we are different, I can waste my time arguing about it, or putting my twist on it, or trying to perfect it in an attempt to feed my ego or prove that my way is the right way - but that is such a waste of time - such a waste of energy.

Several years ago, whenever someone asked me about fundamentals or the stroke, or pre-shot routine, I would teach them "my way". As the years passed, I started getting students that had been to Scott and Randy, and I saw that they possessed a confidence in their fundamentals that I did not see in other students. For that reason, and because I respect these guys so much, I started referring students to Scott Lee, Randy Goettlicher, and Steve Jennings.

I get more e-mails thanking me for these referrals than I get for my own material. That's what its all about - helping players. That is why we all teach. Today, I feel as if I am doing students a disservice by not sending them to Scott or Randy, or any of the other SPF family of instructors. The students I refer to them come back as better players, and the best part, is that I am NOT losing any money by doing this - in fact helping them has helped me. Good Karma - what comes around goes around and comes back to you tenfold.

Sometimes people's opinions are going to piss you off. You don't have to leave the forum. You just have to accept that you are going to find people in this world that have absolutely no use for the way that you do things. Trust me, Scott gets that more than anybody I know. I, for one, hope that you stay around here.

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
Put all the drama aside for a moment.....

I've read a few threads with posts from Scott Lee. Whether he's an instructor or not, sometimes his posts can read as smarmy, arrogant or know-it-all.

So can some of your posts, enzo. As well as some of my posts. And a lot of other member's posts.

That's a problem with any type of socializing on the internet. Sometimes the written word translates differently than if it were spoken. Keep that in mind.

As far as the 'ball-in-hand' issue ? I would call it on myself. I want to win outright, not based on a foul that I "got away with".

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
ok, to aka trigger.... your momma!

is that good enough, or do i need more, seriously... im not nasty enough maybe? i can work on it. maybe i need mr wilsons momma involved? since this is mob rule and hes the king, i think so.... ?

You really are a crybaby!

enzo

Banned
I do see many people on here that want you to stay. Your reading comprehension skills are as weak as your argument. As for me I disagree with them. I couldn't care less if you stay or go. You're just another crybaby seeking attention imo.

Have a nice day on your next forum. I'm sure if you keep looking around you can find one that suits your taste. Why don't you start your own, the ENZO Forum. It can be all about you and you get to moderate it to keep people like me out. :thumbup2:

jay, u have a banks game next time im in town, ill play you your second best game too.... one hole. best part, you wont even know its me, haha. so much for your credentials on the pool table. this reminds me, true story i swear, i responded to you once on a "ill play anybody cheap on a barbox" (paraphased) thread. you didnt play, haha, big surprise.

ps, did u write something? oh yeah, isnt "crybaby" namecalling? that is in the rules u know, i guess it dont apply to you.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
im not sure if my last one worked or not. u wont be offended will you... promise me....

ok, to aka trigger..... you are an idiot for letting me call you names. oh i hate doing that, haha. really.

i think i read in the rules you cant call people idiots. its weird because there are so many here (not u aka). so is that enough? btw, get 5 good players, my chalenge still applies to any instructor.... ill put forth a how to get strong at pool, and they can as well, and well have some good judges. maybe that will be enzo2 territory.

Who cares about your "challenge?" You really think you're something, don't you? What I think is that you're an egotist who just wants to show off. You'd be the last guy I'd recommend anyone take a lesson from. :withstupid:

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay, u have a banks game next time im in town, ill play you your second best game too.... one hole. best part, you wont even know its me, haha. so much for your credentials on the pool table. this reminds me, true story i swear, i responded to you once on a "ill play anybody cheap on a barbox" (paraphased) thread. you didnt play, haha, big surprise.

ps, did u write something? oh yeah, isnt "crybaby" namecalling? that is in the rules u know, i guess it dont apply to you.

You are starting to sound a little petty enzo.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yeah crybaby is now a dirty word on here, says you. You can be the moderator too, okay. I haven't played any serious pool in months, but if you come to L.A. you can empty out playing Banks, and I don't care what your name is. There used to be a pretty good Bank Pool player called "Crying Sam." I'm gonna name you "Crying Enzo." If the shoe fits, wear it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 years here and now you are unable to get over your panty-bunchin?

I reckon you'e being a bit of a pu$$y...tuff it out, lil'camper.