using the 8 ball to pocket another ball

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
sorry i dont think im explaining myself correctly. in some rules. lets say all i have left is 1 solid and the 8 ball. i can use the 8 ball to try and pocket my last solid. but in this case i didnt and the 8 ball hit his ball. is that a ball in hand?

Post the rule set that says this. What you are talking about is barroom bullshit rules. In 8 ball the 8 is never neutral.

:cool:

nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there are no set of rules that i know of that allows you to use the eight ball to pocket you last ball

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
My table, my rules. Don't like it? Kick rocks. ;-) That being said, anywhere else (pool hall, bar, etc) the 8 ball is NOT neutral. At least I've never seen or heard that. But, if I make the rules at my table, those are the rules. 99.9% of the time, I'm playing with a few friends. I rarely play people I don't know. Most of my friends all have their own table, me included. But, if someone new comes along, the rules are stated before the game. We always play last pocket, that's our game. When we play, the 8 ball isn't neutral, hit it first, take it to the kitchen and shoot- no ball in hand. That's for 9 ball.