Looking for good Snooker (cue) tips

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

wasn't very satisfied with my O'min Medium 9mm. I'm definately looking for something softer and "grippier". It also glazed rather quickly.

I put on a Talisman just now, but I'm in the mood of trying out things.
9mm shall be available out of the box.

Do you have some good tips (haha)? And please don't say Elkmaster...

Cheers,
M

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had been using Elkmasters.
Found Elkmasters had wide variation in quality.

I've been using Blue Diamond.
A cue I ordered from the UK came with a Blue Diamond tip and spares.

Not a decision based on sampling a variety of tips. :D
Just convenience.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Sorry, I use elkmaster lol. Medium I think. I've tried triangle in the past, but elkmaster feels a bit better too me and it takes less time for me to adjust to a new tip.

acesinc1999

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using Triumph from Tweeten for 30 years now. No one seems to have heard of it. Same feel every tip, every time, no need to experiment. Then again, I tip my cue every month or two so if you like the same tip for years on end, this probably is not the one.

P.S. - When I tip for others who don't really know what they are looking for in a tip, I put on an Elkmaster for them and I think all have been pretty happy with it. I have tried putting the Triumph on for others a few times, but it didn't go over so well. Obviously, feel is subjective.

Last edited:

Shockerz

Registered
I have been using Triumph from Tweeten for 30 years now. No one seems to have heard of it. Same feel every tip, every time, no need to experiment. Then again, I tip my cue every month or two so if you like the same tip for years on end, this probably is not the one.

P.S. - When I tip for others who don't really know what they are looking for in a tip, I put on an Elkmaster for them and I think all have been pretty happy with it. I have tried putting the Triumph on for others a few times, but it didn't go over so well. Obviously, feel is subjective.

Sounds familiar. I use a Talisman soft as I like the fact it plays straight out of the box if I cut it down to around half the size.

Like you, I do a lot of tips for other snooker players and generally I fit Elkmasters.

I generally compress them from a little to a lot dependent on how hard they want them, I also like them to take a pic on their phone so they can remember for next time what they liked.

The hardest thing I find is the amount of shapes they request so put this page together so they could copy a shape and remember it!

http://www.snookercrazy.com/snooker-tip-shapes/