Newbie here...

MPerkins

Registered
Good Afternoon all......I've been lurking for a while. I just purchased a new home that has a game room and am putting a used Olhausen 7' table in a 12X15'7" room.

I'm excited. Have always loved pool since I was a kid, but was always that guy who was a good bar room player....not great, but good.

I'm excited to learn the in's and out's of the game, and look forward to the knowledge I will gain from everyone. I'm in the Air Force, but only have 3 years left to Retirment, so winding down now.

Once my room is done, I will post some pics. I have accumulated a few cue's....nothing special, but a few older McDermotts and one new one purchased for my wife.

I know I will have a lot of questions, so i appologize ahead of time...:grin:

MPerkins

Registered
Thanks

Thanks Creedo....will do. Am pumped. Got lucky and found a vintage cue rack...only paid $40.00 for it....and it matches my table....Woo hoo...

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Welcome MPerkins. Enjoy your table and this forum. Thanks for serving the USA. Keep an eye out for this Sev guy and his bacon. :eek::)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MPerkins...Welcome to the forums! My son is currently the project manager for the new Texas Timber Framing manufacturing plant being constructed just outside Boerne! Good luck with your new gameroom. I sent you a private message...check your PM's!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

MPerkins

Registered
Scott Lee

Scott Lee:

You have an open invitation to my house!

Sent you a PM...but your inbox is full.

FYI....I grew up in Billings and miss skiing at Bridger Bowl...also miss fishing the Madison. The Bighorn and Stillwater were my home rivers, but loved my trips to Bozeman.....still have a Rocking R hat somewhere....If I could only find it!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Mr. Perkins,

Welcome.

I've only been here since June 2012. If you've been lurking, hopfully you'll get of to better start than I did coming in cold turkey.

Enjoy the new house, the table, the forum, but most of all...
you & the wife enjoy the game together.:wink:

Regards to You &

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Welcome to AZ. Sounds like you'll have a nice set-up for your pre-retirement and post-.

I was a newbie just 14 months ago. Dont' be bashful to ask any question of AZers. People have been extremely helpful and accomodating of my newbie questions like "which end of the cue do I hit the ball with?" and "why is one of the balls white?"

MPerkins

Registered
Thanks...

Thanks so much. On our 3rd date...we went and played pool. She beat me the first game....I knew at that point, I would marry that women!

Thanks again...and yes, she can flat play!

MPerkins

Registered
Thanks so much. On our 3rd date...we went and played pool. She beat me the first game....I knew at that point, I would marry that women!

Thanks again...and yes, she can flat play!

Referring to what English wrote on his post "You and your wife enjoy the game together..."

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yer from Montana. I live 90 miles north of Plentywood.
Had a few fun nights at the Golden Wheel and the Blue Moon cutting up the dance floor.

Driving truck, I've driven right across MT from west to east. Love the scenery and mountains.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.

MPerkins

Registered
Yer from Montana. I live 90 miles north of Plentywood.
Had a few fun nights at the Golden Wheel and the Blue Moon cutting up the dance floor.

Driving truck, I've driven right across MT from west to east. Love the scenery and mountains.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.

I like your signature....my favorite show is "Finding Bigfoot."

Thanks for the warm welcome again, and yes, Montana is an eyefull for sure...:thumbup2:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Welcome aboard, Mr. MPerkins. Lots of exciting things going on here.
There's a field trip scheduled for next Monday, so mark your calendar. We're all getting on the AZ bus and heading to Vinita, Oklahoma to see the world's largest Shetland pony. I hear it's as big as a Clydesdale. :smile:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good Afternoon all......I've been lurking for a while. I just purchased a new home that has a game room and am putting a used Olhausen 7' table in a 12X15'7" room.

I'm excited. Have always loved pool since I was a kid, but was always that guy who was a good bar room player....not great, but good.

I'm excited to learn the in's and out's of the game, and look forward to the knowledge I will gain from everyone. I'm in the Air Force, but only have 3 years left to Retirment, so winding down now.

Once my room is done, I will post some pics. I have accumulated a few cue's....nothing special, but a few older McDermotts and one new one purchased for my wife.

I know I will have a lot of questions, so i appologize ahead of time...:grin:
Welcome. The table is going to he tight, but it's better than no table!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael...Got your PM. Small world, huh? LOL BTW, 2 years ago there was a huge gas explosion downtown that destroyed the Rockin R and a couple other buildings. It was a gaping hole in that block until last year, when they rebuilt. So now there's a "new" Rockin' R Bar! LOL I miss Bridger Bowl and the Madison too! Beautiful places...

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Scott Lee:

You have an open invitation to my house!

Sent you a PM...but your inbox is full.

FYI....I grew up in Billings and miss skiing at Bridger Bowl...also miss fishing the Madison. The Bighorn and Stillwater were my home rivers, but loved my trips to Bozeman.....still have a Rocking R hat somewhere....If I could only find it!

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Welcome M! My dad was from Great Falls, never been there myself but hear it's great in the summertime. Have some fun here and enjoy!

MPerkins

Registered
Wow...

Thanks for making me feel at home. As soon as the new pool room is set up, the questions will be coming your way...:smile: