Pool School in Minneapolis this August

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Randyg and I will be holding two 3-day pool schools, back to back, next August in Minneapolis, MN. The first one will be held at CR's Billiards in Coon Rapids, Fri. 8/12 through Sunday 8/14. The second school will be held at Shooter's Billiards in Burnsville, Mon. 8/15 through Wednesday 8/17. There are also opportunities to become a PBIA Certified Instructor at these schools. PM me for more information or to post a deposit. These schools will fill quickly. If you're interested in elevating your game, here's a perfect opportunity! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
In just two days the class at Shooters in Burnsville is booked full.

Still have openings for the class at Cr's in Coon Rapids.

Contact randyg at:

goettlicher@verizon.net

I love teaching with Scott, he's the best.

randyg

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that you guys need it, but here's a plug. The two best teachers I've ever worked with.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
What does it matter?
Kicked out of the aiming forums, so youre back to trolling the main forum?

If those are the only two then there is no comparison & the plug of 'best two" is completely hollow, empty, & meaningless.

I asked a legitimate question relative to the topic.

So just who between the two of us is trolling.

You're post has nothing to do with the context of the thread. Its only purpose is to illicit an emotional response from me. That by definition is trolling.

Go read the recent posts in the aiming forum & you should be able to see where the real problems are in that context. Well, perhaps you are not capable of seeing that reality.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If those are the only two then there is no comparison & the plug of 'best two" is completely hollow, empty, & meaningless.

I asked a legitimate question relative to the topic.

So just who between the two of us is trolling.

You're post has nothing to do with the context of the thread its only purpose is to illicit an emotional response from me. That by definition is trolling.

Go read the recent posts in the aiming forum & you should be able to see where the real problems are in that context. Well, perhaps you are not capable of seeing that reality.

Now its the victim troll routine. You must live a boring fooking existence, thats all I can say.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Now its the victim troll routine. You must live a boring fooking existence, thats all I can say.

I'm not the one making posts like your two posts in this thread.

I think they are rather telling.

At least I think they would be to most intelligent individuals that can sense the hostility in your language... all because I simply asked a relevant question of a qualifying clarification nature.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not the one making posts like your two posts in this thread.

I think they are rather telling.

At least I think they would be to most intelligent individuals that can sense the hostility in your language.

And the band plays on........

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
I have worked with Scott, Mr. English. He did a fine job, covered his material very well a easy to work & chat with. We covered fundamental as it was or first time together all videoed. Truly the video was a plus as one may think they are doing one thing but yet film proves other wise. The cd's provided allowed reviewing as time permits.
It was one on one as that is and was my preference. Based on time with him I believe the lower cost group would likely be of equal value.

You recommend Fran in your post from time to time but yet state you have never met her. A bit odd it would seem. You may say not think so but some reading your post appear to also read you as slighting Scott in your post.

Now I have also worked with Fran, several hrs in NY. Very pleasant and again easy to work with and enjoyed or time together. I would work with either again with no issue.

Reality with instructors is it's best if you can work with one on a continuous basis. But depending on your level of play and ability to absorb a few hrs can help with the basics. If one informs the instructor as to what they wish to cover they will work with you.

Work with Earl too..He is in my opinion a hoot a lot of character ...was not so focused on the training just wishing to spend the time with him.. Would be great to have him in our pool hall to gain from.

added note: none of the instructors put the other down.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sir,

Thank you for your candid comments. but I was not looking for any assessment.

I was merely asking Mr. Buzzard to clarify his comment so as to put it into better perspective.

As to your comment about Ms. Crimi & Mr. Lee, I've not met either in person & base my take on each from what I have seen posted here & what has been conveyed to me in PMs.

If I had a child that I wanted to get lessons from a professional instructor, I would go with Fran Crimi & not give Mr. Lee any consideration.

That is my personal private assessment based on what I have garnered of both from here on AZB.

As to instructors not putting one another down there are Association ethics guidelines against that type of behavior. Ms Crimi certainly abides by those guidelines. I can not say the same about some others, at least not as to the spirit of those ethics guidelines.

Please be advised that I would not have made this post if the subject were not brought up by you.

You base your take on what you know of both & I do the same. I'd say that our information is not 100% the same... hence we have different takes.

There is nothing wrong with that & I respect your honest assessment.

Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
To all,

As I posted in another thread like this in the instructors forum, the best thing we all can do is don't engage English, at all.

On a discussion forum it is the worst thing to happen for someone of his nature.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had lessons from several instructors. Scott, Randy, Jerry Breiseth, Little Joe V, Danny Basavich,, Tony Robles, and several others. I have attended clinics run by Fran, one by Johnny Archer with Nick Varner.
I believe this qualifies me to make some comparisons. I would also like to add that I was a teacher fort 32 years.
I do not feel that anyone has ever left me with the feeling that I wasted my money. I took something away from each lesson.
The three day clinic I spent with Randy and Scott made the biggest change in my game. Every other lesson built upon the foundation I learned at pool school. Randy and Scott are great instructors. To say you would not consider one would be a big mistake. Scott travels the country all year. Randy comes out of hiding a couple times a year. If you get a chance to work with either, jump on it. Scott guarantees his lessons. If you feel you wasted you time don't pay. I doubt anyone has not gladly paid ans then asked when are you going to be back.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. English, In addition to Randy and Scott I have had four other instructors in the last eight years. Three of the four are very well known. I consider Randy and Scott the top two mostly because of their flexibility in adapting the lesson to fit within the physical conditions of the student.

I'm an old geezer with a broken clavicle, so my left shoulder is in an inch and a half closer to my neck than the right. I also have arthritis in both wrists and thumbs. I can not form a closed bridge because of this. Other instructors have tried to push me into an Allison Fisher type stance which does not work.

While my physical condition is nobody's business, I included it here in explanation to your post. Not that it would have done any good, because you seem to have a gripe with Mr. Lee in particular and the SPF instructors in general.

I really try to find some good in your posts but sadly only vitriol is to be found.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
There you go. More qualified information from Mr. Buzzard & kanji.

More qualified information allows for a more informed decision process.

I don't see enough explanation that would allow any informed decision regarding ideology & what can be expected from the school, but apparently some are of the just try it type & if that's how they roll then it's certainly okay for them.

I've never said that there is not a fit for every type.

Perhaps more can chime in with more informative accounts to provide even more information.

Last edited:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
There you go. More qualified information from Mr. Buzzard & kanji.

More qualified information allows for a more informed decision process.

I don't see enough explanation that would allow any informed decision regarding ideology & what can be expected from the school, but apparently some of are of the just try it type & if that's how they roll then it's certainly okay for them.

I've never said that there is not a fit for every type.

Perhaps more can chime in with more informative accounts to provide even more information.

What is the name of this sub Forum?

ASK THE INSTRUCTOR. Not Ask English!

Rick, you are leaving me no options.

I guess I didn't close every loop hole, did I?
Consider it closed.