My New Cue!!!

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It couldn't have come at a better time... I took the day off because we're getting 8+ inches of snow here in Chicago, so needless to say, I'm not working!!

I ordered a couple custom cues from Adam Franks Cues in Albuquerque, NM a couple months back. We designed a really nice 12 point cue that is gonna take some time, probably wont be ready till April/May hopefully, so we decided to go with a sneaky pete, which I was gonna order anyways. I love this cue, 30+ year old growth shafts and the same goes for the full splice purpleheart butt and the last minute changes were the best part, ironwood collars and buttplate with matching purpleheart & ironwood joint protectors... Although, the weather outside is cold and gloomy, it's nice and warm and sunny in my basement and I just might goto the Illinois Billiard Club to play some 14.1 later. Life Is Great!!! :)

3d68edd8.jpg

24bae1cf.jpg

chrislie

#1 VOLS fan
Silver Member
beautiful and unique.

are they expensive?

how's the hit compare to your existing cue?

thanks for sharing

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The hit is unlike anything I've ever used before... It is a very responsive cue, you feel the entire shot front to back and it's very direct in the hit, the ball does not throw at all, it goes exactly where you hit it. He uses a very secret recipe for the tips, which are the pressed master tips. He has some of the most exotic and rare woods I've ever seen, very grainy. The prices are very reasonable as well, his cues start around $400ish and go up from there, however, what you get for the money is equivalent in workmanship to at least twice what you'd pay elsewhere and most cue makers use cnc machines to do all their work, this guy is one of the few left that do everything by hand.

I know it sounds like I'm a salesman or something, hahaha, I just really like this guy's work... He makes all one of a kind works of art that play exceptional... I wish I could put this in your hands and you'd know what I'm talking about.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That just screams "player." Very nice. :thumbup:

Just curious - why did you choose to go with two different ferrules? From the pictures it looks like phenolic and brass?

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Adam makes a fine cue, no doubt about it, many of the top players in town use them. The brass ferrule is usually for a break shaft. Enjoy, and post photos of the 12-ptr when you get it!
:p

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank You for the kind words... The "player" was the direction I wanted to go in. Once the other cue is made it will be a "part-time player" and my break cue. The ferrule is brass, it was Adam's idea along with the Ironwood, which are both fantastic ideas. Initially, I wanted to have just 2 shafts and he said he'll make me a break shaft and use a brass ferrule which is pretty kool, it looks good and hits super solid!

It's nice to know some people know who he is... Out my way, nobody knows who he is, but everytime they hear the sound and see the workmanship, it's a whole different story!

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love the oil-rubber finish.

I grow tired of the clearcoat...but I am stuck with mine!:eek:

Thanx, same here... I used to get blisters from breaking after playing for 10+ hours because of that glossy finish, that's not the case with this finish. Also, it allows the wood to breathe.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanx, same here... I used to get blisters from breaking after playing for 10+ hours because of that glossy finish, that's not the case with this finish. Also, it allows the wood to breathe.
Owned a few oil-rubbed ones, liked 'em/ never seen one breathe tho!:wink: