CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the guy that demands answers to his questions that have already been answered over and over.

Thank you for consolidating those quotes. Now I just have to insert Stan's non answers for comparison. My questions were not demands. Stan offered to answer any question so I asked one. He didn't answer it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for consolidating those quotes. Now I just have to insert Stan's non answers for comparison. My questions were not demands. Stan offered to answer any question so I asked one. He didn't answer it.

I sure did, in great detail at that. What’s so hard to grasp that an overcut alignment can handle a finesse shot with center cue ball minus any adjustment. It’s a shot option and I exercise it often. The speed can also be cranked up without adjustment. The overcut line is exactly why Hal Houle referred to CTE as a center pocket system.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yea all those derogatory posts and yet you think your questions, that have already been answered over and over, should be answered again because the original answers are the truth but don't fit your agenda,lol.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I sure did, in great detail at that. What’s so hard to grasp that an overcut alignment can’t handle a finesse shot with center cue ball minus any adjustment. It’s a shot option and I exercise it often. The speed can also be cranked up without adjustment. The overcut line is exactly why Hal Houle referred to CTE as a center pocket system.

Stan Shuffett

It's not the answer he wants to hear nor does it meet his approval as a 'professional instructor/player' who has reached the pinnacle of both accomplishments within the top tier of those who have.

He is a professional instructor/player, isn't he?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I fail to see how he could possibly give you a more detailed answer.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I fail to see how he could possibly give you a more detailed answer.

I don't know why, but I just don't get it. Maybe you can repeat what Stan said in your own words? The question is this: Given that the ball throws different amounts when hit soft vs hard, how do you pocket a ball center pocket each time using CTE without making any adjustments?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know why, but I just don't get it. Maybe you can repeat what Stan said in your own words? The question is this: Given that the ball throws different amounts when hit soft vs hard, how do you pocket a ball center pocket each time using CTE without making any adjustments?[/QUOTE

I’m going to try to clarify.

This is known. The 15 I yields a slight overcut to center pocket.

Let’s assume the shot is the match winning 9 ball. How would a pro execute the shot?

He would not slow roll it, but if he did he’d likely make it. He has an overcut to begin with. A nicely struck finesse with a little top can produce a clean entry into the pocket. So, that shot involved two positives and a negative. The overcut and the top are friendly to the shot. The off-speed hit is a negative for a few reasons: throw, skid and stroke quality.

A pro would hit the shot in one of three ways.

1. Low outside with speed offers 3 positives and then the overcut is built in.

2. Straight center axis draw with speed. That offers two positives along with the overcut.

3. A great option for a pro is stun with a touch of inside. Line up to center as usual and swivel the cue by a tick or two for a smidgen of inside. Since the overcut is built in the player must be careful with the inside. The amount of inside is so minute that a bystander would not notice it being applied.

So, the CTE player learns to exercise various options when faced with a given shot...center cue ball and others options that consists of various positives as well as negatives.

Hope this helps.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know why, but I just don't get it. Maybe you can repeat what Stan said in your own words? The question is this: Given that the ball throws different amounts when hit soft vs hard, how do you pocket a ball center pocket each time using CTE without making any adjustments?

I’m going to try to clarify.

This is known. The 15 I yields a slight overcut to center pocket.

Let’s assume the shot is the match winning 9 ball. How would a pro execute the shot?

He would not slow roll it, but if he did he’d likely make it. He has an overcut to begin with. A nicely struck finesse with a little top can produce a clean entry into the pocket. So, that shot involved two positives and a negative. The overcut and the top are friendly to the shot. The off-speed hit is a negative for a few reasons: throw, skid and stroke quality.

A pro would hit the shot in one of three ways.

1. Low outside with speed offers 3 positives and then the overcut is built in.

2. Straight center axis draw with speed. That offers two positives along with the overcut.

3. A great option for a pro is stun with a touch of inside. Line up to center as usual and swivel the cue by a tick or two for a smidgen of inside. Since the overcut is built in the player must be careful with the inside. The amount of inside is so minute that a bystander would not notice it being applied.

So, the CTE player learns to exercise various options when faced with a given shot...center cue ball and others options that consists of various positives as well as negatives.

Hope this helps.

Stan Shuffett

This all makes perfect sense -- no fluff, no system magic. The system accounts for a normal amount of throw, like a few other systems, by providing a slight overcut. And you're saying a CTE player deals with excessive throw in the same manner as any player does with any aiming method, by using little outside english to counter the throw, or a lot of back spin to decrease the CIT, or a little inside english to squirt the cb a touch so that it strikes the ob a touch thinner.

That's a good answer, and I'm sure Dan would agree.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This all makes perfect sense -- no fluff, no system magic. The system accounts for a normal amount of throw, like a few other systems, by providing a slight overcut. And you're saying a CTE player deals with excessive throw in the same manner as any player does with any aiming method, by using little outside english to counter the throw, or a lot of back spin to decrease the CIT, or a little inside english to squirt the cb a touch so that it strikes the ob a touch thinner.

That's a good answer, and I'm sure Dan would agree.

To further clarify. CTE yields a constant overcut alignment which leads to many, many CCB alignments minus any adjustment. That is one of the many beauties of CTE .

What I’m saying is if I’m going to execute a stun, I might add a TOI. Stun can be problematic with the overcut. Stun can be a booger.

Bottom line: If the goal is just making the ball, most all shots go with CTE to center pocket using CCB without adjustment. That’s huge!

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
To further clarify. CTE yields a constant overcut alignment which leads to many, many CCB alignments minus any adjustment. That is one of the many beauties of CTE .

What I’m saying is if I’m going to execute a stun, I might add a TOI. Stun can be problematic with the overcut. Stun can be a booger.

Bottom line: If the goal is just making the ball, most all shots go center pocket with CCB without adjustment. That’s huge!

Stan Shuffett

Lol. Yes, a "booger", because it can push a ball several degrees off line, creating a much thicker shot than intended.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bottom line: If the goal is just making the ball, most all shots go center pocket with CCB without adjustment. That’s huge!
Stan Shuffett
:thumbup2:
It's really going to be exciting when all of that is visible for free in your Truth Series.
I've stumbled on to some of that myself through pure dumb luck, making notes of experiments, and watching Efren like a hawk.
I've read every pool shooting book I could ever find and I NEVER saw any writer or even any instructor commentate and discuss energy transfer to pool balls like you have done with these last few posts showing the + and - of strokes and tip positions.
I salute you, Stan, you are truly a remarkable man.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup2:
It's really going to be exciting when all of that is visible for free in your Truth Series.
I've stumbled on to some of that myself through pure dumb luck, making notes of experiments, and watching Efren like a hawk.
I've read every pool shooting book I could ever find and I NEVER saw any writer or even any instructor commentate and discuss energy transfer to pool balls like you have done with these last few posts showing the + and - of strokes and tip positions.
I salute you, Stan, you are truly a remarkable man.

I will plug PBIA instructors here. Most all are fairly well schooled in this area.

Stan Shuffett
PBIA MASTER INSTRUCTOR

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
CTE yields a constant overcut alignment

Not like you do it...
Still no answer...

You seem like a decent guy, Stan, but maybe a little too stubborn to accept that you don't really understand the "objective" vs. "subjective" issue - your continued dodging of questions about it makes that pretty clear.

I don’t have to think about it, not one little bit.
Maybe you should try thinking about it a little bit.

pj
chgo

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still no answer...

You seem like a decent guy, Stan, but maybe a little too stubborn to accept that you don't really understand the "objective" vs. "subjective" issue - your continued dodging of questions about it makes that pretty clear.

Maybe you should try thinking about it a little bit.

pj
chgo

Here we are again. I know the system and you don’t. You’re firing blanks.

You’ll just have to wait for my TS and book.

I do appreciate the simplicity of your debate style.

Stan Shuffett