Stiffed by AZ'er Traa89 Trey Sprye :-(

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I built Trey Sprye a cue to his specs in trade for the golf clubs he posted in this section (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=160340&highlight=golf+clubs). When the cue was in progress he asked if he could just buy the cue outright because he had a friend or something who wanted the clubs. I said no problem. We agreed on $400. I delivered the cue in early December. I haven't received a penny.

He seemed like an honest guy and in good standing with other deals here on AZ but he has not made payment and has been stringing me along for 7 months now. I was nice and gave him more than enough time to come up with the money. If anyone knows him, please tell him to do the right thing and pay me for the cue. I don't really want to make it a police matter but I will if it isn't resolved in the next week or two. Thanks for listening.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Threads like this really cause me to feel angry. How do you live with yourself after cheating someone out of his hard work and skills. Hopefully, if anyone knows this Trey Sprye, they'll convince him to do the right thing.
Hope things work out for you Campos.

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I do hope you leave a neg iTrader as well as neg rep.I see that you haven't left the iTrader.it's the only way we have to protect our selves.I am sorry to hear about this.It seems to be happening to often....:(I do hope he makes things right..

nympfisher

SEMI AMATURE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
post a pic and some specs, maybe someone else is interested

my mistake. missed the delevered in dec part.

Last edited:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Sorry you have to go through this unnecessary crap. Sometimes it would be nice to be "connected". :groucho:

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes, I'm pretty disappointed as he seemed like an honest guy. Hopefully he steps up and makes it right.

jayrox

Toxic Moose
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That is too bad. I hope this resolves in a peaceful manner.

the worst thing is that people like this make other sellers and buyers leary of doing business with others with low iTrader points (like me). I've both sides of the story posted on here, buyers and sellers getting scammed.

I hope this low life realizes his mistakes and fixes for you

:angry:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
He hasnt been on since June 22, unless you knew him before hand you should have got the money before you sent the cue. It always sucks when these kinds of things happen and unless people take more precautions when buy or selling they will continue.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
279   0   0
This remind me of Aaron Painter....the guys stiff me for over 2K. Seems like a nice guys through some successful transactions with him but sometime the reality of life push them to make the decision that are not right. It's something that they'll have to live with and I know bad karma will follow them for life but hopefully for guys like that they will make some right decision and help others. The way I see it, my 2K plus that I've donated helped someone out and maybe it'll come back to me one day in other form. Thought about getting police involved but it didn't seem right to me because the guy did have a family. I still email him once a while to see if his situation changes but no luck to date..only empty promises.

Hopefully, the other guys will come through with it eventually for you but if it's not happening...sometime it's better to just let it go.

Regards,
Duc.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   1
Doubtful the police can do anything for you. Its a civil matter and that's what they'll tell you.

I'd gather any documentation you may have emails, messages, letters, bill of sale...anything. Then send a final notice for payment due within 10 days. When you don't recieve payment take him to small claims court. It'll cost you about 150 bucks but you should get a settlement out of it if you can provide even a reasonable sales agreement. Good luck.

knifemaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I have been in the knife business for over 25 years and have never had this happen. I did got a bad check once and it was from a Doctor.
Why would you drop it when you have your time and money into something someone steals from you.
Back when I played pool a lot in the late 70's and early 80's I had a guy steal a cue from me and I had a witness. He left Texas and went up north with it. I found out where he went and got our police dept to cantact the one in his town and they got the cue for me. I am sure this was an exceptional result and doesn't happen much but I would never let it go.
Pieces of crap steal your work and money. The only time stealing would be ok with me is if you have a family that is starving, just having a family is no reason to let it go.
Just my point of view tho.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Doubtful the police can do anything for you. Its a civil matter and that's what they'll tell you.

I'd gather any documentation you may have emails, messages, letters, bill of sale...anything. Then send a final notice for payment due within 10 days. When you don't recieve payment take him to small claims court. It'll cost you about 150 bucks but you should get a settlement out of it if you can provide even a reasonable sales agreement. Good luck.

Yes, I have all the emails and documentation. I'll probably call the cops in his area anyway.

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
A little ironic, or maybe not...

His profile lists his occupation as:

ready for this?

"Financial Advisor"

(Fill in your snappy retort or remark here)

Hope you get compensation Campos, good luck.

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
95   2   0
Stiffed by AZ'er Traa89 Trey Sprye

Per Google, Trey has played in more than one Viking tour & one Great Southern Shootout played in N.C.. in 2007 he played as a "junior under 19" bracket in Rocky Mount, NC and won! Since he has an "89" in his name, I assume he was born in 1989 and is now around age 20 or 21 now.
F.Y.I.

I built Trey Sprye a cue to his specs in trade for the golf clubs he posted in this section (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=160340&highlight=golf+clubs). When the cue was in progress he asked if he could just buy the cue outright because he had a friend or something who wanted the clubs. I said no problem. We agreed on $400. I delivered the cue in early December. I haven't received a penny.

He seemed like an honest guy and in good standing with other deals here on AZ but he has not made payment and has been stringing me along for 7 months now. I was nice and gave him more than enough time to come up with the money. If anyone knows him, please tell him to do the right thing and pay me for the cue. I don't really want to make it a police matter but I will if it isn't resolved in the next week or two. Thanks for listening.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

Theft of service is a criminal matter