The Illinois Billiard Club

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played here once as a guest 10 years ago.. I got caught up with my new business at the time and took a hiatus for that time and finally got back into the game I truly love, pool any and all kinds!

I moved to Willow Springs, IL around 7 years ago and just never got around to stopping by the club, but thanks to a great friend and member, I was able to stop by today and meet Jim, the owner, and become a member. I am so proud to be part of this great club, and livibg billiard museum... Best part is I am also entered in the 14+1 straight pool league, this who are in it will see me in February competing.

Today is a great day, Happy Monday!! :D

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Ibc

I played here once as a guest 10 years ago.. I got caught up with my new business at the time and took a hiatus for that time and finally got back into the game I truly love, pool any and all kinds!

I moved to Willow Springs, IL around 7 years ago and just never got around to stopping by the club, but thanks to a great friend and member, I was able to stop by today and meet Jim, the owner, and become a member. I am so proud to be part of this great club, and livibg billiard museum... Best part is I am also entered in the 14+1 straight pool league, this who are in it will see me in February competing.

Today is a great day, Happy Monday!! :D

Congrats on your induction!! I can understand why you're proud to be a part of the club. Enjoy. To me, a room owner, the IBC is the dream format. Someday.

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on your induction!! I can understand why you're proud to be a part of the club. Enjoy. To me, a room owner, the IBC is the dream format. Someday.

Thank You.. To be a player and student of this game and to live just 4 blocks away from this famed place, it's a sin not to find a way to enter, be it a guest or member.

I appreciate the kind words and look forward to this day you speak of, Billiards has been beaten down for so long and has gotten a bad cloud surrounding the word, "pool hall", it's nice to know there are places bringing it back to where it once was... History will always repeat itself in different forms of course! :D

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is the place set up? Format?

I snapped a photo on my iPhone, which isn't that great but portrays a little bit of what's goin on in this Cathedral of billiard rooms. They have some amazing, museum quality tables that as members, we are allowed to play on anytime we want... That is unheard of nowadays, I feel so blessed to have this at my disposal.

There are 2 3-Cusion Tables that are over 100 years old. One of which is a custom made table that converts to a pocket Billiards table. It's made of solid steel and was owned by Frank Lloyd Wright, absolutely unbelievable!!

They have a website as well with more pictures... (www.illinoisbilliardclub.com) Check em out.

b5083008.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That place looks awesome...I checked out the website, photos and menu. I want in!:D

I'd love to see the Frank Lloyd Wright table you mention, please. Google not helpful:(

Thanks for sharing.

And a huge historical item @IBC:
*Willie Hoppe (pronounced Hoppee) Mr. William (Willie) Fredrick Hoppe: The greatest, most enduring Professional
“Billiard Champion of the World” in the history of recorded billiards. A man who at the young age of 18 won his first
professional world billiard title in 1906 … and his last and final 52nd World title when retiring in 1952. The IBC is the proud
owner of Mr. Hoppe’s personal 100 page scrapbook he began in 1906. Bonnie’s dinner guests are cordially invited into the
IBC’s Historical Billiard Room to view selected pages from Mr. Hoppe’s “Billiard Treasure of the Ages” 1906-1959 personal
scrapbook and the private club’s oldest antique billiard table used during the time in which the great billiard behemoth
first began his one-of-a-kind professional career over 100 years ago!