Pool Cue Extentions

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can those who know about these slip on extenders tell me what the best one to get would be? I am in the market for one of these as my bridge skills are a bit poor but improving... in the meantime though, i would like to get one of these to avoid improving my bridge skills when it counts and i fail.

i was looking at the tony ryan extender... any good suggestions or thoughts?

Thank You.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
try search the forums, been discussed several times. A search by "tony ryan" should bring uo a thread where someone reported how he had to modify it in order to be either more tight or more gentle to the cue (softer). Also many swear by Hager extensions, but they are on hold since last year. John told me they were supposed to be back operating on September, but apparently things do not go that fast for them. Rumors are, they will be up eventually, but who knows when. Hager extensions are available aftermarket, but the prices are 50 to 100 percent higher than retail was (common thing with good discontinued stuff)

Vahmurka

Silver Member
DASHZNT , a little off-topic
rep messages.jpg

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Ext

The Tony Ryan is a good one to use. It is a little tight, but it has protective coating that will keep the cue from being harmed, or you can use it with a house cue or you break cue if you dont like the way it feels with your play cue.

Good product.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The Hagar extension is terrific. It will hold your cue very tight and will do no harm. These are getting tough to find but they do come up every once in a while. You could post a WTB on the WTB/For Sale Forum.

I recently got a Tony Ryan to compare with my Hagar and while I do like the more slender handle, it does seem slightly less protective of your cue so I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable using the TR on an expensive cue.

An FYI: You mentioned getting an extension in lieu of learning to bridge better. Using an extension with a bridge is a lethal combo, ala Stevie Moore. You can use both to apply a true power stroke on those shots with whitey laying far far away. It can be a beautiful thing. :thumbup:

GL

Best,
Brian kc

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Cue Reach slip on extension from Seybert's right here on AZ Billiards Marketplace. It works great. Doesn't hurt my cue and I get an extra 2 feet of reach. I can't even remember the last time I used the crutch.

John Schmidt whipped one out last night on his straight pool challenge. He uses the same one. Slips on and off in a second.

Best,
Mike

Vahmurka

Silver Member
one cool looking gadget. Could you name that AZer? How much does this weigh and what is the length?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I believe I have tried all the slip on ones. I have a R-360 Cuetec with the Cuetec Smart extention. It screws into the end of the butt. I like it so much I never take it off. Johnnyt

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a member here in az sells this so far all that has tried were very happy including me here's what it looked like :
1322204070.jpg

1322204015.jpg

That thing looks pretty good... Dimensions would be nice to find out if it fits in my bag or not... Lemme know, Thank You.

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Longoni one that works fairly well.

I used to own a Longoni. During a tournament it locked up on my Sneaky Pete Predator and I could not get it off my cue. Muscle bound gorillas tried for 30 minutes to twist it off.

After I got blasted out of the tournament, I spent 15 more minutes and finally got it off.

I would have sold it to you but I threw it in the trashcan :grin: Seriously, this device is a piece of c r a p.

I like the Tony Ryan extender. It comes in 12" or 17". I bought both to try them out. The 12" works great and the 17" works just as well, but if you stretch too much it doesn't work as well.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Going to a cuemaker who will modify your buttend is a better idea. a quickrelease and you re ready. Imo the far better choice

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Going to a cuemaker who will modify your buttend is a better idea. a quickrelease and you re ready. Imo the far better choice

I like that idea but my cue is a $4500 work of art and there is noway I'm gonna modify it in any way.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too use the $15 cue reach extender, for the few times I actually need it (as with Mike can't remember when) it works fine.
Scott