Draggin a$$ across the carpet!

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do y'all consider it rude, disrespectful, or bad manners for pool players to wipe the chalk off their shafts on the carpet after a match?
My wifes dog, (not mine), will sit and drag his a$$ all the way across the room if we let him in.
If someone came to my house and wiped his shafts on my carpet I would bring my wifes dog, (Fletcher), to their house and tell him to drag his A$$ !!!

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
That's not a good sign from your dog he needs the vet.

I spin my tip sometimes on the floor. No more chalk than dust than me chalking my cue a few times.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
What about all the cigarette ash and beer and hair and whatever else makes it to the floor of a pool hall? If those issues were resolved I would stop wiping the chalk off my tip on the carpet. That's not to mention all the chalk that falls to ground from the "drill"experts.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have seen some of the greatest players in the world do this, I lost respect. I would rather put my cue away with chalk still on the tip then to clean it on the floor. I could never put a dirty shaft in my case without at least wiping off the tip.

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
What about all the cigarette ash and beer and hair and whatever else makes it to the floor of a pool hall? If those issues were resolved I would stop wiping the chalk off my tip on the carpet. That's not to mention all the chalk that falls to ground from the "drill"experts.

Yea, when I'm out driving around I see a lot of soda cans, beer cans, cigarette butts and even McDonald bags lying around. Guess my cigarette butts and a few coffee cups thrown out the car window won't matter?

Reactions: KRJ

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Yea, when I'm out driving around I see a lot of soda cans, beer cans, cigarette butts and even McDonald bags lying around. Guess my cigarette butts and a few coffee cups thrown out the car window won't matter?

How does this analogy even make sense? Are you saying the pool hall is already littered with days worth of crud and since no one is going to clean it adding anymore mess is unconscionable? The place I go to gets vacuumed every night. And I still believe that the ambient chalk use adds more mess than anything else.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes I put my pool shaft up my dogs a$$ to get the chalk off the tip.

One task that solves both problems.

LOL

Ken

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
If it was my pool room you would get one warning

Lol, smh, seriously, waaay more chalk hits the floor in one game of pool than what one tip does.

I'm guessing I'm playing in far different type of bar than you though.

I haven't done it in forever cause I know I got a crap ton of chalk in my case already. Used to play a lot in a bar w a tiled floor about 6 yrs ago.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I certainly would never do it at a buddy's house that has a nice carpet, but at my local pool hall the carpet is filthy...and the oriental rug underneath the table at my shop is even filthier. But if it were a nice pool hall I would not, I often just wipe it on the palm of my left hand, or in my opponent's ear after I've won.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have seen some of the greatest players in the world do this, I lost respect. I would rather put my cue away with chalk still on the tip then to clean it on the floor. I could never put a dirty shaft in my case without at least wiping off the tip.

This is how I feel about it...I've seen it done...but will never do it.
....respect

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you never heard of napkins or paper towels? It never occurred to me to ever wipe my tip across a filthy pool hall floor. It has nothing to do with the floor and more to do with not wanting to get my tip dirty. I have never seen anyone do this before and this sounds to me like a dumb thing to do. Just one man's opinion.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Have you never heard of napkins or paper towels? It never occurred to me to ever wipe my tip across a filthy pool hall floor. It has nothing to do with the floor and more to do with not wanting to get my tip dirty. I have never seen anyone do this before and this sounds to me like a dumb thing to do. Just one man's opinion.

This mans opinion is that if you don't want to get your tip dirty don't chalk it or ram it against rock hard Pool balls but what do I know?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
That this is even considered shows how low Pool has become.
Pocket Billiards Used to be a Gentleman's Past Time.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
That's not a good sign from your dog he needs the vet.

I spin my tip sometimes on the floor. No more chalk than dust than me chalking my cue a few times.

I use a paper towel to wipe off the tips before returning the cues to the case. Who knows what's in carpet?

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No different than grabbing a window curtain to clean that chalk off. A white curtain will show that your tip is clean now. Be careful the blood doesn't drip on your new sneakers when you get the wake-up call.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Never done it, never will. I also grew up in my dad's pool room, and nobody, and I mean nobody, would even attempt such a thing in front of pops. It would not have ended well. No cigs on the rails, no drinks near the pool table, and no slamming your cues on the table, or dumping the balls out from the ball tray.

But, then again, I also use TIP CLIPZ to put on my tips as I want to keep my JB case from stains. Thus, I don't have to wipe my tips anyways ;)

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've seen it done, even saw a room owner do it with his personal cue. I can't do it though, just doesn't seem right to me.