Quiet air compressor

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who still staple cloth: are you using quiet compressor? If so, what brand & model?

I have at least half a dozen of compressors used in my construction business - all of which are super loud when use inside customer homes. We now just leave them outside or in the garage - for construction jobs.

But I still want a quiet one for my own use at home and for cloth installation.
So I just broke down and got one from CAT model 8010A. :)

New Year present from Me to Me!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same California air tools compressor. Best compressor I’ve ever used (and heard) in my life.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Go to a corded electric plug in gun... or battery cordless. You probably already have batteries and chargers if you do construction and whatever system you use probably has a staple gun.

Corded guns are cheap and the good ones have all the power you need.
Sent from the future.

Last edited:

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to a corded electric plug in gun... or battery cordless. You probably already have batteries and chargers if you do construction and whatever system you use probably has a staple gun.

Corded guns are cheap and the good ones have all the power you need.
Sent from the future.

I tried a few good cheaper corded staple guns, but had poor inconsistent results. I was working on my Gold Crown 1. So I asked a professional table mechanic what he used. Without hesitation he said "I've tried many of them, and I will only a Duo-fast Staple Gun & Duo-fast staples.

He's been doing high end table work for many years, he showed me the gun & staples he used. That's what I got, never had a problem since.

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about using electric stapler too. I had one from HD a while back which I can’t find it now. That was the cheapo so I had no great impression of it. I wanted the CAT compressor for doing some other work as well. That’s why I got it.

It’s delivered last week - very light and quiet. I’ll see how it’s performing tomorrow when I use it for the first time.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I've had my CAT 801 for years now. I fried the motor of the first one one hot summer day.
They sent me a new motor. They said it was my fault , just pay shipping.
Good people.

My neighbors can't even hear it running in the middle of the night.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I thought about using electric stapler too. I had one from HD a while back which I can’t find it now. That was the cheapo so I had no great impression of it. I wanted the CAT compressor for doing some other work as well. That’s why I got it.

It’s delivered last week - very light and quiet. I’ll see how it’s performing tomorrow when I use it for the first time.

I suggest SENCO staplers and 5 year warranty. I got one last year and LOVE it.

Reason for my post: it only requires 75psi and that means it does not keep the compressor runnin much. It does not "over drive" the staples either, they sit nicely above the wood. It also is very quiet. Enjoy your new compressor!

TFT

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I tried it out and loved it. Very quiet. Aluminum tank makes it so light - easy for my back.

What model number is your stapler Trent?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks. I tried it out and loved it. Very quiet. Aluminum tank makes it so light - easy for my back.

What model number is your stapler Trent?

Senco SFT10XP, F04BAAN 1/4" 1/2 Galvanized staples.
Gotta stay stocked up on staples, you can't just buy them at home depot or lowes. They come in boxes of 10,000. I make sure I have a couple unopened boxes on hand all the time.

Happy you like your new compressor!!!

TFT

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You meant model # 6S0041N for the stapler, right? The one you listed is for 3/16” crown.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Last edited: