Brunswick Chaparrel

golfnut4u

Hello,

I am looking at a used Brunswick Chaparrel (8') that appears to be in excellent shape (10 years old, never moved, good looking original felt). However, the rails appear to be dead over large areas (maybe 90% of the rail length). As part of the purchase price, the current owner is having new rails (Accufast K66) and new Felt (Mali Cloth) put on the table.

My question (based on very little knowledge of tables) is will the table play like new with the k66 rails, or are there inherent construction issues that could have resulted in the dead rails?

I look forward to any guidance or recommendations you can provide. I couldn't find anything about this particular model on the internet, so I'm not sure whether that is good or bad.

Thanks!

PlynSets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With new rails put on the table it should play just fine. How well it plays though depends on how good the mechanic is that set it up, as well as who moved it etc.. Alot of the guys here would tell you to change the cloth to Simonis 860, or the brunswick (I think it's called) championship cloth instead of the mali.. The mali is a traditional "felt" and will play much slower then the newer stuff. For a home bang around table though (entertaining not so serious players etc..) it will be fine and they wouldn't know the difference if you had the good stuff on there or not.

Incidentally I'm not a table mechanic, just a so/so pool player so take what I say for a grain of salt. I think I'm right, but the table mechanics in here would know better then myself.

Good luck with your table!

DJ

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
thud.

Brunswick has always made a full line of pool tables. Everything from a POS to top of the line tables. I am not readily familiar with a Chaperelle. Some of their low end tables had particle board rails, crap cushions and stud rail blots that would pull out of the particle board when over tightened. I would stay away form a table with particle board rails. On the other end... I have seen Gold Crown III with super speed cushions that were dry rotted and hard as oak. New cushions (k66) should make the table play fine if they are installed right. Cushions can naturally go bad over time depending on the composition of the rubber.