Post a link to the thread you most enjoyed.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And give a brief description why you liked it so others can get a quick idea wether they too want to read it.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
How high the bet? BY: !Smorgas Bored

This is a great thread Satori. I'm happy to share my favorite story written by my good friend "!Smorgas Bored".

The thread/story is about Doug Winslow (Smorgas Bored/ Tampa Tubby) playing a stranger for his NAME and it is my favorite pool story told and written March 28, 2002. If either man won the bet, he could no longer be called by their "last name". Doug's traveling name was Tampa-Tubby and the other man's name was Jim-Bob.

This is a true story that Doug Winslow told on the newsgroup rec.sport.billiard many years ago. Cornerman had retrieved it for me and after Doug passed away, I thought it would be a cool story that many would like to read.

FYI, after Doug passed, I actually called the establishment where this story took place and essentially authenticated this remarkable tale.

If you knew Smorg you could easily believe him doing such a thing. Anyway, in his own words:

"http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3491486#post3491486"

JoeyA

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
This is a great thread Satori. I'm happy to share my favorite story written by my good friend "!Smorgas Bored".

The thread/story is about Doug Winslow (Smorgas Bored/ Tampa Tubby) playing a stranger for his NAME and it is my favorite pool story told and written March 28, 2002. If either man won the bet, he could no longer be called by their "last name". Doug's traveling name was Tampa-Tubby and the other man's name was Jim-Bob.

This is a true story that Doug Winslow told on the newsgroup rec.sport.billiard many years ago. Cornerman had retrieved it for me and after Doug passed away, I thought it would be a cool story that many would like to read.

FYI, after Doug passed, I actually called the establishment where this story took place and essentially authenticated this remarkable tale.

If you knew Smorg you could easily believe him doing such a thing. Anyway, in his own words:

"http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3491486#post3491486"

JoeyA

This is my favorite too:thumbup:

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Phil Dade's Ginacues

I have a handful of Gina's myself but compared to Phil's they might seem kind of plain..not saying my Ginas don't play great but Phil's cues are visually amazing.

I also drool over just about anything JimmyRayK posts.

Here's a link to Phil's Ginacues...

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=395191

Last edited:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
For AZ at its finest go find the IPT threads from 2006-2007 era. There are a bunch of them. This thread made me go look around and it was both cool and sad to see some of the posters. Cool because they were great posters and sad because most have been gone for awhile.