Pool scene in Singapore

ny9baller

Registered
Hi All,

I am moving to Singapore soon and was looking to get a sense of the pool scene there. What are the best rooms? Any tournaments? Does anyone play straight pool there (unlikely, i know)?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
It's been the better part of...

Hi All,

I am moving to Singapore soon and was looking to get a sense of the pool scene there. What are the best rooms? Any tournaments? Does anyone play straight pool there (unlikely, i know)?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

It's been the better part of a decade and a half since I've been there, but there was a good pool room when I was there in 2002.

Good conditions, full size tables. Better than a lot of US towns I've been to.

Jaden

ShaunTanYK

Custom Junkie
Silver Member
Hello there,

In Singapore right now, the hottest pool scene is The King's Pool which is located at Ang Mo Kio. This is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thekingspoolpteltd/?fref=ts, there is also a proshop there as well that does shaft maintenance, tip change, leather wraps and etc. They hold weekly tournaments and events as well!

There is also another place called Klassic Club which is a very good pool place as well with nice shiny balls! This is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KlassicClubPage/?fref=ts.

Hope this helps,
Shaun

96supersport

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'll be in pool heaven

There are lots of great options for pool all over Singapore. My main place was the previously mentioned Klassic Club. It's in Little India, is a locals room, 18 pool tables, a dozen snooker tables. SG$10 for 3-5 hours depending on the time of the day. That's per table, not per person. Aloysius Yapp plays there.

Next up would be Brunswick Billiards at The Cathay on Orchard road. Go there on Saturday at noon. There's a group that meets up every week and occasionally has a tournament. Lots of social players there, but also a lot of the upper level amateurs that I played with most of the time. Go there and ask for Kyoko, tell her Burt sent you and have her introduce you to Evan, Dylan, Jason, or Ethan. They play most weekends and often in the evenings. Also poker fans if you're into that. Brunswick is expensive to play by the hour SG$20, but the group meetup is usually about SG$8 for 3 hours.

There's a place in Toa Payoh on the top floor above the McDonalds near the Library. Close to MRT station, some really good players there, smaller and often crowded. SG$10 for 2 hours from 12-2 on weekends and more reasonable hourly rates otherwise. Tournaments often.

After that, Punggol Billiards. About 10 minute walk from MRT station. Big room, not as busy, only went a couple times. Hard to get to without a car so unless you're living nearby not the most popular choice.

Close to MRT station, some really good players there, smaller and often crowded. SG$10 for 2 hours from 12-2 on weekends and more reasonable hourly rates otherwise.

Honestly though, if you go to The Cathay on a Saturday and meet the people I told you about, you'll be all set. They're good guys. You'll enjoy living in Singapore, I spent 2.5 years there and came back last year. Don't be shy with the local food, it's great, try everything. Anything else just ask.

Brisk

Registered
Hey. I'm new in town. I'll be down at Klassic tonight if anyone wants to play. Also feel free to PM me if you'd like to practice sometime.

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Are there leagues and tournaments in Singapore?

Both.

The Singapore league sends a team to the Asia Pool Challenge every year. It is a team tournament for amateur expat players from different cities in Asia. This year the tournament was in Ho Chi Mihn City Vietnam. I was on team Bangkok.

Bangkok won, Singapore came in third. Maybe see you in the tourney next year?

Ahgao86

Registered
Hello!! Jameson here! I frequent Kings Pool in Ang Mo Kio! Lots of weekly tournaments and events going on, and also the people here are friendly!! Super good place to make some new friends or even spar with others. If you do decide to come you can feel free to PM me. See you soon!

Jameson Chin

ny9baller

Registered
Wow, Great help everyone. I will be there in a couple of weeks and will certainly take some of this advice.

Does anyone play straight pool in Singapore?