How to remove glue under linen wrap?

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I usually scrape it off with a razor or utility blade as it spins, but you could also probably wipe it away with mineral spirits.

JayKidd

Grammatically Challenged
Silver Member
I usually scrape it off with a razor or utility blade as it spins, but you could also probably wipe it away with mineral spirits.

I was just watch an online streaming of a repairwoman pour hotwater onto the residue glue and put a towel around the butt, then wait half a minute before wiping the water away:eek:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I was just watch an online streaming of a repairwoman pour hotwater onto the residue glue and put a towel around the butt, then wait half a minute before wiping the water away:eek:

That's weird, but if it works and she's comfortable doing it, then ok. I can think of a few reasons not to use that method, but since I haven't actually tried it I won't knock it. I do a lot of strange things that other makers think is crazy or bad, but it works & it's my name on the work so it's my burden to bare if something goes wrong.

My point is that there are a 100 ways to skin a cat. What matters is the end result. If she uses hot water to loosen the glue, and it works, who am I to say she's wrong? So long as her customer is happy with the new wrap, good for her on a job well done.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it is contact cement then Mineral Spirits is the way to go.

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
If white glue or elmers glue was used just a wet sponge while spinning will remove the glue. If contact cement , use mineral spirits.