Chinese pool

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the pocket mouth opening is wide and immediately narrows @ pocket center.

JayKidd

Grammatically Challenged
Silver Member
3.625 inches, not sure exactly where that’s measured from though.

I believe the common corner pocket throat size is very close to the width of a standard credit card (3.35 inch), it was normally adjusted on demand by the room owner during installation, I've seen tight ones around 3.07 and loose ones wider than 3.55.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the common corner pocket throat size is very close to the width of a standard credit card (3.35 inch), it was normally adjusted on demand by the room owner during installation, I've seen tight ones around 3.07 and loose ones wider than 3.55.

I've never actually seen one, was just quoting a distributor for Joy tables...3.07 is crazy, why would you do that to yourself :)

Not sure if this link will work, but I found a good picture of 2 balls in the jaws:

s-l1600.jpg

JayKidd

Grammatically Challenged
Silver Member
measure by the photo, the throat size of this pocket is around 84.5mm, which is very close to 3.33 inch.

There was a brand of chinese pool table called "AIM", you can guess how tight its pockets are:wink: