The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not everyone can figure it out from just the dvd..

Well Gene if your DVD is such a gem then why don't the people like Sybert's, Mueller, PoolDawg, other retailers, and inline pool supply company not sell it. would think they would want part of some great to sell.

But the way being a freak baker and making great cake take skill, and producing a consistant product.

McDonald as much as I hav=the there food, have figured out how to produce a consitant at product. Even if you in Tiwian, Spain, Italy, France, or the USA. You get the same looking & tasting Big Mac.

That's why I do a free skype lesson with every single dvd that I sell right now. Been doing it during the whole pandemic.

Before skype I would just do a phone lesson but the skype is just as good as being there.

I know you didn't get it from the dvd you borrowed.

Just because you didn't understand it cowboy doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Maybe you don't read all the testimonials.

I'm just trying to help players. Help them play this game we all love a whole lot better.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
At the end of my lesson once the player has gotten the stance correct and the eyes I show them how to put it all together.

If they don't want to do anything else except start in the preshot and just come down I show what I call Auto pilot. It's the process of getting the dominant eye in the most correct position in the preshot, coming down straight looking at the object ball and it will get you right there.

Pretty simple and works really well. It will improve your game immediately.

I don't know for sure but it sure sounds like they have figured this out finally and call it Auto Aim.

Main thing is it works and they can really help players with this.

That's the only thing that can be called auto anything.

It's real simple and gets the player seeing the shot well. But the stance and stroke really have to start up in the preshot for this to work.

I tell the player at the end of my lesson. If you don't want to do anything but start up in the preshot feeling like you are shooting with the dominant eye only and stay there all the way down you will shoot and see the shots so much better than before.

I have called this Auto Pilot. Been using this for years. Part of Perfect Aim.

If anyone wants to put another name on it and claim it was their own discovery that's fine.

When you bake a cake there is one best way to do it.

With Auto Pilot you can just play with feel as usual but just see the shots better than ever before.

I don't know if Auto aim is the same but it if it works well it probably is one and the same..

Thanks, this post is pretty helpful. Have you ever tried to get into shot then close your eyes and pull the trigger? Pre shot routine for me is evaluating the shot and stepping into the correct line. You know it's right, if it doesn't feel right, I know I need to get back up and step into the correct line/aim point. I'm not saying on 100% of shots that require utmost concentration, but any "gimmies" that are half table length or less are pretty make able with eyes closed, as long as you picked the correct line and are aimed correctly when you get down into your stance.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
That's why I do a free skype lesson with every single dvd that I sell right now. Been doing it during the whole pandemic.

Before skype I would just do a phone lesson but the skype is just as good as being there.

I know you didn't get it from the dvd you borrowed.

Just because you didn't understand it cowboy doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Maybe you don't read all the testimonials.

I'm just trying to help players. Help them play this game we all love a whole lot better.

I do not do skype as I have old school technology, well the DVD I borrowed I watched several time, it was like a McDonald Big Mac to me, nothing special, nothing I wanted to see or eat again. I am more of an In n Out Double Double Cheeze Guy without Tomatoes. In n Out is alway great, consistant, and price stay same.

Was not inability to understand, there was noting of value IMHO to me. Pool is like many other sports, it take many skills, and CONSISTACEY to be Better then AWEFUL at. If you want to be better then average it take working on many many skills. Perfecting all of them not just one. So some knucklehead learns how to aim, if the same person grip the Cue too tight. He is doing archery ith a crooked arrow. Cue will not operate straight, it will go off target.

If you want to be the next Tiger Woods of Golf you better make it you life, as Tiger did because his dad, had him play just after walking. Tiger's work ethic is very hard, Golff is his life, passion, and has done him well.

BTW it was not the DVD I did not understand, it was understandable, but nothing to say got to get this DVD, and watch 10 more times. This was Gen 1 look like it was shot in someone basement full of junk. I would have clean up the basement, or move the junk out of camera view. To make this Micvkey Mouse production look better. FREE TIP.

Pool is like Bicycling it has change, but basic are basic is. When I was young it was a 1 Speed, then a 3 Speed, then along came a 10 Speed. Last bike I bought was 16 Speeds, STI Shifiting, today High Dollar Bikes come with 24Speed, and Electronic Shifiting. Might make a difference in partial second if some big dollar race, like the Tour.

But best riders win becaause personalibility in Climbing, Sprinting, Time Trails, and last long Distance endurance. Most everyone has a Top Piece of Equiptment to ride, pause top mechanics backing them up.

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LMAO!!! You are so full of yourself Gene! We (the SPF Group of Instructors) coined the term "auto-pilot", as it applies to your pool process more than 25 years ago...long before you even showed up on the 'instructor' scene. Auto-Aim is also our 'product', invented by PBIA/SPF master instructor Claude Gragg! It has nothing to do with your Perfect Aim concepts either.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

At the end of my lesson once the player has gotten the stance correct and the eyes I show them how to put it all together.

If they don't want to do anything else except start in the preshot and just come down I show what I call Auto pilot. It's the process of getting the dominant eye in the most correct position in the preshot, coming down straight looking at the object ball and it will get you right there.

Pretty simple and works really well. It will improve your game immediately.

I don't know for sure but it sure sounds like they have figured this out finally and call it Auto Aim.

Main thing is it works and they can really help players with this.

That's the only thing that can be called auto anything.

It's real simple and gets the player seeing the shot well. But the stance and stroke really have to start up in the preshot for this to work.

I tell the player at the end of my lesson. If you don't want to do anything but start up in the preshot feeling like you are shooting with the dominant eye only and stay there all the way down you will shoot and see the shots so much better than before.

I have called this Auto Pilot. Been using this for years. Part of Perfect Aim.

If anyone wants to put another name on it and claim it was their own discovery that's fine.

When you bake a cake there is one best way to do it.

With Auto Pilot you can just play with feel as usual but just see the shots better than ever before.

I don't know if Auto aim is the same but it if it works well it probably is one and the same..

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess that clears that up..

LMAO!!! You are so full of yourself Gene! We (the SPF Group of Instructors) coined the term "auto-pilot", as it applies to your pool process more than 25 years ago...long before you even showed up on the 'instructor' scene. Auto-Aim is also our 'product', invented by PBIA/SPF master instructor Claude Gragg! It has nothing to do with your Perfect Aim concepts either.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Thanks for your reply. Could have done without the insult though...again....

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing your results...

Hi Everyone,
I had the pleasure of having taken a lesson from Gene in person last weekend.
I met him at a local pool hall and was watching him over on the table kitty corner from me and it looked like he was teaching someone how to play pool. The more I watched the more I was intrigued with what he was doing. And when I watched him after he was done giving a lesson, Gene was playing a tournament right next to me. He just never missed a ball, for most part, and his positioning was amazing. He beat his opponent and After that I went over to ask him if he gave lessons. His eyes lit up and right away we were on a table and we was trying to see what my dominant eye was. We figured out it was my left eye. And he wanted to keep on going, but he was being called to another table to play another opponent. He gave me a a flyer and that was the first time I ever heard about Perfect aim.
I had no idea before what this was about so I was unbiased, but his excitement was contagious and I wanted more. we set up a appointment for the next day.
Once we got there, We went through the drills and he proved to me I was left eye dominant. He told me watching me I had a lot of skills and knowledge but I wasn't seeing the ball right. and I am 6' 4 inches and I was holding my cue wrong. We put a extension on my cue and he worked on my stroked for like 15 minutes and then I was stroking properly. That was huge in itself. I already was aiming with CTE Pro so I truly believed that was a huge plus for me because I understood fractions of the ball well. It took a little time to change that over, And at first when I got the aim down I still wanted to sweep into the cue ball. And it worked well, but he wanted me to do it his way. after working with me for 3 to 4 hrs total. I pretty much got it. I was making balls and seeing balls so much better. He was so excited for me!
I still had to concentrate on what I was doing to see the ball correctly. But I knew this was the best thing I ever came across. I understand pool theory pretty well, I love learning and have practiced a lot with different Systems and understand english and how throw works, etc. But I would always screw up on making balls. I was a good 5 ball runner but not a great 8 or nine ball runner. Anyway with the fixing of my stroke and the new way to look at the ball I can hit what ever I am looking at, and because I am hitting the ball the right where I think I'm hitting, the cue ball control is unreal.
Gene told me after the lesson that I was a master in disguise. And I see that that can be true with more practice.
I went to show my skills the next day and played about 50 % better but I really had to concentrate on how I was seeing the balls and I wasn't truly happy with my results.
Still I won every match. But I thought I could do better. I went home and watched his dvd and realized what I was doing wrong. Went downstairs to the pool table, and this the gods honest truth, I implemented what he said in the video and now I can see every shot on the table both right and left sides I know everyone one of you know what it like to all of a sudden just be able to see the shot and then you think yes I got it! only to find the next day that is gone again. But wouldn't it be great to know how to be able to find it again, even when you cant see it, with just a slight correction and there is again! I have looking for this piece of the puzzle forever!. Now just because you can see the shot from above you still have be able to fine tune it when you get down on the ball. But it is like a laser beam to the pocket. so it gets you there to see the shot to be able to fine tune the shot,. So it is not a aiming system so to speak, It's a way to view the line of sight to get you to the correct aim.
I paid for this, and if anyone thinks this is not worth, And Gene is not one of the Best instructors out there, I would say take him up on the offer, meet him in person and take a lesson from him, as he says if you don't honestly feel this did not help you in the first 20 to 30 minutes and he will part ways friends and not charge you.
I did not know this man until last week and all I do is tell people about him. But not people that play pool around me. At lest not for a while. I want to keep this edge to myself.
I am 60 years old and in 4 hrs of his training I am playing the best pool of my life.
He did tell me before I started the lesson that I am going to be mad at him after we finish. I asked why, and he said because you didn't meet me 20 yrs ago.
And he is right and am so pissed off right now..
haha.
I know this was a long post but I see so many people bashing him on here, but the thing you never see is anyone that took a lesson from him, bashing him. IT truly is the Holy grail of pool., You just got to see it to believe it..
Gene has no idea that I am posting this, so I know it will be a shock even to him but he deserves every once of praise. If it seems like I am over reacting, see how you feel after after a lesson with him.

Bob

There was one really interesting statement that you made in you post here.

I know this was a long post but I see so many people bashing him on here, but the thing you never see is anyone that took a lesson from him, bashing him. IT truly is the Holy grail of pool., You just got to see it to believe it..

You are 100% correct on this. And it's too bad but some of the haters actually might keep someone from learning this that was on the fence.

Powerful words you shared right there and couldn't be more spot on.

Thanks Bob. Good Luck and see you for the free tuneup soon...:thumbup:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply. Could have done without the insult though...again....

Geno some people are smart enought to see through your bull***, smoke & mirrors, and sales pitch that you have been pushing for over 11 years on AZB starting in 2009.

Scott Lee, Randy G, and Jerry Brieseth have been at this pool teaching thing look before you popped up like a Old World War II Underwater Mine who's chainw rusted out hold it under water years ago.

These three gentleman are instructors who have years of teaching, and credentials saying they know how to teach.

If you were insulted by Scott's comments you must have a very thin skin, as Scott just set you straight who invented the wheel, not you someone long before you said I have developed this secret system.

Your pitch remind me of some County or State Fair pitchmen, showing off the latest greatest invention to guy an edd with out stricken to the pan, sharping a knife blade, pruning share blade, ax head with easy, or other life simplifying device.

Wonder how many night you layed in bed trying to think of the best name for your secret aiming system?

You know why people do not get better at anything, they are too lazy to put effort into what they read on improvement, are taught, or watched in DVD's or on U-Tube. Practice is a bit**, itt is not fun.

The U.S. Navy have this unit many want too bee part of. Few have the right stuff between the ears to make it. Most are not the strongest, brightest, tallest, fas tests, when training begins. The one who finish the training, want the little symbol of being part of this unit more then anything in life.

When they finally make the end of training they get to wear a little $20.00 Metal Badge. That badge is know as the Budwheiser Badge, kind of a nick name. Hope you can figure out whqt unit I am talking about.

BTW U-Tube is a great source of free instruction on most subjects from pool aiming, playing 8, 9, 10, Ball etc., to replacing plumbing, minor repairs, or fixing a bicycle out of adjustment.

boogieman

Geno some people are smart enought to see through your bull***, smoke & mirrors, and sales pitch that you have been pushing for over 11 years on AZB starting in 2009.

Scott Lee, Randy G, and Jerry Brieseth have been at this pool teaching thing look before you popped up like a Old World War II Underwater Mine who's chainw rusted out hold it under water years ago.

These three gentleman are instructors who have years of teaching, and credentials saying they know how to teach.

If you were insulted by Scott's comments you must have a very thin skin, as Scott just set you straight who invented the wheel, not you someone long before you said I have developed this secret system.

Here's my thoughts. His system works, but it's probably the same thing that you already have going on if you get down into stance and are "auto-magically™" lined up with the shot. When you're in dead stroke this happens without thought.

Remember when we were beginners and tried the whole ghost ball thing and it sort of worked, then we saw the system fell apart in certain situations? Well, if you stick with pool and learn about approaching the shot, you kind of end up with the same system that Gene sells. Would it be super helpful as a beginner or novice player? Yeah, could have saved months/years of trial and error, depending on how serious you were at the game. CJ has some of his instructional videos on youtube where he goes into aim and stance, and as far as I can tell, this is a similar aim thing that Gene teaches.

If you can already get down into the shot, close your eyes and make the ball, there's nothing to see here. As a beginner or someone with no understanding of dominate eye, aiming things, etc, this would be very helpful and a worthwhile thing to learn about. If you already have this, not so much. Sure he claims to show this system to pros and good players and they are impressed. Well, it's possible they haven't really thought about what they are doing and are impressed. He probably does explain it very well, and it's a subject not everyone thinks about. Ever read a more advanced pool book, like Banking With the Beard, came upon a specific section and though to yourself, I was already doing that, but had no idea that's what was going on or why a certain spin was working for you? It's a similar thing. You've already learned a tidbit of knowledge but didn't fully understand why it worked? Ever hit a super thin cut with outside and understood you had to adjust or you'd overcut it? Books/websites/teachers explain why this is, but it doesn't mean you can't already adapt to and understand it works, even though you can't explain why it's the case.

All systems by themselves break down, but if you're in the correct line and have aimed correctly, that's the best base you can have, though it's no magic bullet, you'll still have to get you knocks at the table and put the practice in to learn how to coax the ball in and negate things like collision induced throw, applied English, etc.

One of my nephew's friends (mine too now) asked me about how to aim last night. He's played at our table for a few months on weekends. He's got natural ability but I figured I'd let him get some balls knocked around before trying to "train." No use adding a ton of confusing stuff until your subconscious has a little background data to pull from. I briefly explained ghost ball, but I told him that's kind of the way beginners do it, or fall back on when you're utterly confused about an odd shot. I asked what his dominate eye was, he's into sports and shooting so he already knows, but we even did the little triangle finger test thing. Talked to him about the stick residing under his dominate eye no matter what his personal stance was to be comfortable and not wobbly feeling. I showed him while standing up and analyzing the table how to aim and look at the ball. You naturally fall into position if your eyes are right, and the stick ends up under your dominate eye. He's a beginner but a smart guy and a natural athlete so it clicked almost immediately with him. I told him about how you could feel the shot and if anything felt off, to get up, get a look on the ball, chalk again if you need to clear your head, and get back into position. He damn near immediately started improving. Even had him do a few short shots with his eyes closed. So if this is similar to the perfect aim system, the system does work. It's difficult to put this into words so people can understand, but luckily athletic people with hand eye coordination catch on rather quickly. I also explained that once you are in the proper line and saw the shot correctly while up, and also in your stance it's kind of like shooting an arrow or throwing a baseball, you pick the spot and throw/release the arrow and it hits. It's all about aiming correctly (picking the small target) and trusting your body/stroke to deliver. Smooth consistent stroke, get the mechanical issues fixed and as long as you can aim, it drops.

If I'm way off base by what this system is, please correct my ignorance, but I don't see it being any different, especially once the "automatic" mode thing was talked about.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Here's my thoughts. His system works, but it's probably the same thing that you already have going on if you get down into stance and are "auto-magically™" lined up with the shot. When you're in dead stroke this happens without thought.

Remember when we were beginners and tried the whole ghost ball thing and it sort of worked, then we saw the system fell apart in certain situations? Well, if you stick with pool and learn about approaching the shot, you kind of end up with the same system that Gene sells. Would it be super helpful as a beginner or novice player? Yeah, could have saved months/years of trial and error, depending on how serious you were at the game. CJ has some of his instructional videos on youtube where he goes into aim and stance, and as far as I can tell, this is a similar aim thing that Gene teaches.

If you can already get down into the shot, close your eyes and make the ball, there's nothing to see here. As a beginner or someone with no understanding of dominate eye, aiming things, etc, this would be very helpful and a worthwhile thing to learn about. If you already have this, not so much. Sure he claims to show this system to pros and good players and they are impressed. Well, it's possible they haven't really thought about what they are doing and are impressed. He probably does explain it very well, and it's a subject not everyone thinks about. Ever read a more advanced pool book, like Banking With the Beard, came upon a specific section and though to yourself, I was already doing that, but had no idea that's what was going on or why a certain spin was working for you? It's a similar thing. You've already learned a tidbit of knowledge but didn't fully understand why it worked? Ever hit a super thin cut with outside and understood you had to adjust or you'd overcut it? Books/websites/teachers explain why this is, but it doesn't mean you can't already adapt to and understand it works, even though you can't explain why it's the case.

All systems by themselves break down, but if you're in the correct line and have aimed correctly, that's the best base you can have, though it's no magic bullet, you'll still have to get you knocks at the table and put the practice in to learn how to coax the ball in and negate things like collision induced throw, applied English, etc.

One of my nephew's friends (mine too now) asked me about how to aim last night. He's played at our table for a few months on weekends. He's got natural ability but I figured I'd let him get some balls knocked around before trying to "train." No use adding a ton of confusing stuff until your subconscious has a little background data to pull from. I briefly explained ghost ball, but I told him that's kind of the way beginners do it, or fall back on when you're utterly confused about an odd shot. I asked what his dominate eye was, he's into sports and shooting so he already knows, but we even did the little triangle finger test thing. Talked to him about the stick residing under his dominate eye no matter what his personal stance was to be comfortable and not wobbly feeling. I showed him while standing up and analyzing the table how to aim and look at the ball. You naturally fall into position if your eyes are right, and the stick ends up under your dominate eye. He's a beginner but a smart guy and a natural athlete so it clicked almost immediately with him. I told him about how you could feel the shot and if anything felt off, to get up, get a look on the ball, chalk again if you need to clear your head, and get back into position. He damn near immediately started improving. Even had him do a few short shots with his eyes closed. So if this is similar to the perfect aim system, the system does work. It's difficult to put this into words so people can understand, but luckily athletic people with hand eye coordination catch on rather quickly. I also explained that once you are in the proper line and saw the shot correctly while up, and also in your stance it's kind of like shooting an arrow or throwing a baseball, you pick the spot and throw/release the arrow and it hits. It's all about aiming correctly (picking the small target) and trusting your body/stroke to deliver. Smooth consistent stroke, get the mechanical issues fixed and as long as you can aim, it drops.

If I'm way off base by what this system is, please correct my ignorance, but I don't see it being any different, especially once the "automatic" mode thing was talked about.

Well this automatic thing is something someone long ago called mussel memory. It is how the military trains their people.

In Boot Camp, or Basic training they reteach you everything you might know. You learn Left from Right because some Nucklehead don't know Left from Right.

This process goes on after boot camp, you are taught everything the way the Military wants you to know it.

If you do a simple task the same way 1,000 times, the way you are taught become imbedded in your brain.

Airborn troop practice land off a platform until it second nature, then the do it off a jump tower, then the jump for real out of a perfectly good aircraft. All this practice ='s less injuries for real. When you jump out of a airplane. Yes some people do get hurt, killed, but not as many if they did a simple task only once.

Peope who are good, are good at those thing, because of something called practicing. Remember years ago this Pro basketball player in a TV interview said in the the off season he had two kids feeding him Basketball as he shot from all over the court. His regiment was like 10-15,000 Free Throws a day, apprently it worked, in his career, he was a natural shot maker.

Nothing natural really it was all mussel memory, he knew where he on the court in relationship to the hoop, and his person shot to ball in hoop ration was great. He admitted he was not a natural tallent, he just worked his behind off to be great.

boogieman

Nothing natural really it was all mussel memory, he knew where he on the court in relationship to the hoop, and his person shot to ball in hoop ration was great. He admitted he was not a natural tallent, he just worked his behind off to be great.

Yep, there's no free lunch. I suppose it's easier to eat lunch if someone shows you the correct side of the fork to hold though! :D

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your on the right track boogieman....

You are about where I was when I first started learning how these eyes work. Unfortunately I had no one to tell me there was something to this.

I knew a little back then but thought I knew allot.

1995 was when I first started working on this. I would just help some players that I ran into. Some it helped and some it didn't.

The reason it didn't help for some is they just were not coordinated to naturally get there with limited information. I didn't have the whole story yet.

1999 I quit playing pool. Heart was too bad but didn't know it. Just didn't have enough energy.

2008 I started playing again and couldn't play at all. Then I thought about what I was teaching to to players back in the 90's and applied it. I won a couple of tournaments in a row almost immediately. .

2009 I went on the road to teach this. Made a video to give to the player so they would remember what they learned. Not forget like I did.

After doing about 2,000 lessons on the road, 10,000 plus mini lessons for free, I got rear ended in Peoria, Ill. Drunk drivers that took off.

Went back to Wis. 8 months later and finally had c5.c6. c7 fused in my neck. Right knee replaced, heart surgery and lung surgery.

During this downtime between surgeries I continued to do lessons and learn more about how these eyes worked.

Sometimes I feel like the only Dr that can do a heart surgery.

I'm not saying that I know everything that there is to know about this dominant eye business but I know enough to help every player that I have ever worked with in the last 3 years for sure.

And I do know enough to know that nobody else has ever figured this out.

And for such a small price. $150 for a skype lesson I can teach any player what took me 20 plus years to learn.

Learning this whole story is priceless. Just ask one of the players that has learned this?

A do 3 per week in person at $300 and before everyone of these lessons I usually have to do a mini lesson to help them understand how much they need to learn this. Then they set up the full lesson right away. I do these on Tue wed and thur and booked up a week ahead of time. That's all I can do right now with my health issues.

I really need to do these mini lessons on skype to show players how much this is effecting their games and they don't even know it.

I think that is the answer here.

So the answer is right Boogieman, you do understand some of it and you helped someone understand it a little bit. And you can see how much it helps. It's the whole thing.

I'd like you to be my first mini lesson on skype to show and explain why you need to do this.

I hope you accept the offer. It might be the answer to helping more players on skype.

715-563-8712 give me a call.....

boogieman

You are about where I was when I first started learning how these eyes work. Unfortunately I had no one to tell me there was something to this.

I knew a little back then but thought I knew allot.

So the answer is right Boogieman, you do understand some of it and you helped someone understand it a little bit. And you can see how much it helps. It's the whole thing.

I'd like you to be my first mini lesson on skype to show and explain why you need to do this.

I hope you accept the offer. It might be the answer to helping more players on skype.

715-563-8712 give me a call.....

I'll admit, I don't know a lot, just enough to get into trouble :grin: I would appreciate a mini lesson. I'll PM you about a convenient time since I'm on weird hours through the week since I'm currently on 3rd shift.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Who knew the tasty little snot balls even have memories?

pj
chgo

mus·cle mem·o·ry
noun
the ability to reproduce a particular movement without conscious thought, acquired as a result of frequent repetition of that movement.
"typing relies heavily on muscle memory"

Hope you understand now, it an old traching principal. Not sure who coined the term, I first herd it 30 plus years ago.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

mus·cle mem·o·ry
noun
the ability to reproduce a particular movement without conscious thought, acquired as a result of frequent repetition of that movement.

Hope you understand now, it an old traching principal. Not sure who coined the term, I first herd it 30 plus years ago.

I think it is amazing that you know what a dictionary is

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...mussel memory.
Who knew the tasty little snot balls even have memories?

mus·cle mem·o·ry
noun
mussel.JPG

pj
chgo

Last edited:

boogieman

I got off a mini skype lesson about an hour ago with Gene. I have to say, I'm very impressed. I don't know how to put this, but like he said, you have to see it with your own eyes. It's a very easily overlooked thing that he's teaching, and this is just from an introductory mini lesson. It's subtle and something easily never noticed, but once you see it, it clicks. I thought I knew how to aim, but it's obvious after seeing this that it's a much better way. It's honestly not a gimmick like most every other system I've seen. I don't even know if I'd call it a system in the way most systems are called systems. It really is a subtle thing about getting your eyes working for you and not against you. I'll admit, I was a doubting Thomas of the first order. I've tried several aiming systems in the past but they all kind of felt like bullshit that you still had to adapt to, and at that point you might as well do it by feel. Every aiming system I've tried felt almost there, or like their could be some kernel of truth to it but still mainly BS. I think I know why, my eyes weren't right and I wasn't looking at the shot correctly. If you're eyes aren't right (and this is a subtle thing) you aren't even hitting the other systems correctly in the first place. I'd almost call perfect aim a "foundation", because that's what it seems like, not something gimmicky like a system.

I plan on doing another lesson here in a few days, so I'm going to put some practice time in. It's really such a strange feeling... how could I have been hitting a million balls for 25 years and not seen this? I'll tell you, you think it's all about getting the feel and you'll practice the shot a hundred times until you get it down. You might get to where you make the shot, but you're still not aiming it right, you've just hacked it until it's muscle memory, but you're still not seeing what's actually on the table. With the perfect aim "foundation" you will probably learn that shot in 25 times instead of 100. Even with the introductory, after a minuscule amount of time the tough shots are starting to feel like hangers. My new stance feels right, I'm not having to make micro adjustments (or large ones) while I'm down on the shot.

I was dogging my shots pretty bad on the skype call, a combination of stage fright of having a great player watching and a different way to approach the shot. Gene had me try a few things to fix my stance and grip. Just these two things even without the perfect aim is probably worth the cost of a lesson. My new stance feels way more natural (and ties directly into the perfect aim), but I still need to practice it and get rid of the bad stance habits I've picked up along the way. If I get lazy, I go back to my lazy stance, bad habits take a bit to forget. After the skype call I messed around for about an hour and focused on the system and the better stance. I'm hitting these balls that used to be trouble shots and they are just going into the subway.

I don't know, I'm still processing how I could have overlooked something like this for so long, it really is something. It really isn't a gimmick but shows you how to get your eyes right. I'd be surprised if even 10% of the pros are really seeing things correctly, it's that easily missed. I recognize truth, and this perfect aim thing is truth.

Archer400

Registered
I got off a mini skype lesson about an hour ago with Gene. I have to say, I'm very impressed. I don't know how to put this, but like he said, you have to see it with your own eyes. It's a very easily overlooked thing that he's teaching, and this is just from an introductory mini lesson. It's subtle and something easily never noticed, but once you see it, it clicks. I thought I knew how to aim, but it's obvious after seeing this that it's a much better way. It's honestly not a gimmick like most every other system I've seen. I don't even know if I'd call it a system in the way most systems are called systems. It really is a subtle thing about getting your eyes working for you and not against you. I'll admit, I was a doubting Thomas of the first order. I've tried several aiming systems in the past but they all kind of felt like bullshit that you still had to adapt to, and at that point you might as well do it by feel. Every aiming system I've tried felt almost there, or like their could be some kernel of truth to it but still mainly BS. I think I know why, my eyes weren't right and I wasn't looking at the shot correctly. If you're eyes aren't right (and this is a subtle thing) you aren't even hitting the other systems correctly in the first place. I'd almost call perfect aim a "foundation", because that's what it seems like, not something gimmicky like a system.

I plan on doing another lesson here in a few days, so I'm going to put some practice time in. It's really such a strange feeling... how could I have been hitting a million balls for 25 years and not seen this? I'll tell you, you think it's all about getting the feel and you'll practice the shot a hundred times until you get it down. You might get to where you make the shot, but you're still not aiming it right, you've just hacked it until it's muscle memory, but you're still not seeing what's actually on the table. With the perfect aim "foundation" you will probably learn that shot in 25 times instead of 100. Even with the introductory, after a minuscule amount of time the tough shots are starting to feel like hangers. My new stance feels right, I'm not having to make micro adjustments (or large ones) while I'm down on the shot.

I was dogging my shots pretty bad on the skype call, a combination of stage fright of having a great player watching and a different way to approach the shot. Gene had me try a few things to fix my stance and grip. Just these two things even without the perfect aim is probably worth the cost of a lesson. My new stance feels way more natural (and ties directly into the perfect aim), but I still need to practice it and get rid of the bad stance habits I've picked up along the way. If I get lazy, I go back to my lazy stance, bad habits take a bit to forget. After the skype call I messed around for about an hour and focused on the system and the better stance. I'm hitting these balls that used to be trouble shots and they are just going into the subway.

I don't know, I'm still processing how I could have overlooked something like this for so long, it really is something. It really isn't a gimmick but shows you how to get your eyes right. I'd be surprised if even 10% of the pros are really seeing things correctly, it's that easily missed. I recognize truth, and this perfect aim thing is truth.
Like i said in my previous post.
Gene's system is the real deal. But you have to see it to believe it for yourself.
Now I have been using this for 2 weeks now, and in practice I never miss. But for some reason when I am playing other people I am having some difficulty.. I am still hitting the ball way better than I ever had but not like when I practice at home.

I am sure it is nerves, and my stroke goes off. But I still haven't lost the sight ( so to speak)
In a way I hope people really understand what Gene has to offer, but deep down I hope they don't.
Because shot making is so easy, everyone's potential will have to go up. I have talked to a couple of people that Gene taught, and I played them, and I can see a huge improvement in their games. But when I asked do you see the line of sight when addressing the ball like a laser, they say kind of but not really, So I don't think they fully comprehended the complete lesson gene had to offer.

So maybe it is not as easy as it was for me. But I had gene in person, and a full lesson.
I am unsure how much others had.

Gene is so excited about teaching, if he sees someone having trouble or if he is asked a question, he is going to give you a mini lesson on the spot.
But I think to truly understand it, you need to have his full lesson. And once you do the DVD is really helpful.
I would say that anyone that Gene has helped, if they are to be honest, would have to say he has helped their game.
He can look at a player and in 15 minutes straighten his or her's stroke, and stance and address to the cue ball, and that in itself is worth the cost of his lessons. But when you add the perfect aim.. Wow!
Just my opinion.

Bob

Last edited: