Looking for a high quality pool glove

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Looking for a high quality pool glove: one that will last a long time.

I heard that Nick Varner makes such a glove, but can't find them online, and nobody I've seen has one.

Which pool glove is the nuts? And where can it be found?

Flex

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Flex said:

I heard that Nick Varner makes such a glove, but can't find them online, and nobody I've seen has one.

Flex

Best one I've ever used was the kind Mazin Shooni was selling (that 3-C player). They were so much better than anything I've ever seen, it was a joke. Track that guy down.

Dave

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Flex said:

Flex
Unfortunately, I would have said that glove also as it is the closes to the one I use in sticky environments. I use the SLIX glove which has the grippy palm, nipped off finger tips, and velcro wrist.

Fred

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
Try a Sir Joseph glove, I had good luck with those while I was doing the glove thing.

poolhall maven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too recommend the sir joseph glove, they fit well and I like the material. As far as durability and lasting a long time they do get holes in the fingers. I figured it was because I have fingernails so maybe that won't be a problem for you.
The slix glove is more masculine and like cornerman says the fingers are cut off. They are good too but, the fit is funny. Corey the designer took his idea to korea where the gloves were manufactured and I think the sizes were lost in translation. I haven't seen a slix glove on the market for years.

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clean your cue and hands often to keep a smooth transfer. Just a thought. If you have hands like the below pic...then get a glove..or a mop. :D
GS194006.JPG

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flex said:

Flex

I go to an outdoors store and get high quality glove liners. Once you try one of these, you will never want a standard pool glove again.

But, they do not last long.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
i just did the lesson thing with Earl and he recomends those finger wraps from walgreens. The ones basketball players use to hold thyere index and middle fingers together when youve got a sprain. U just cut them apart and use them. They only cover the area that actually touches the cue. Im gonna pick some up later today. Ill let yall know how it goes.

ronhudson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TXsouthpaw said:
i just did the lesson thing with Earl and he recomends those finger wraps from walgreens. The ones basketball players use to hold thyere index and middle fingers together when youve got a sprain. U just cut them apart and use them. They only cover the area that actually touches the cue. Im gonna pick some up later today. Ill let yall know how it goes.

Every time I have seen Earl shooting, he's been wearing a glove. Has he changed?

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
ronhudson said:
Every time I have seen Earl shooting, he's been wearing a glove. Has he changed?

he says they dont let him use them in some tourneys. Theyre not "approved" equipment. Which dont make sense because gloves are allowed, and they basically do the same thing. But he does use them during exhibtions and would probably use them during tourneys if they let him.

David Beck

Let us to Billiards!
Silver Member
I have a Sir Joseph one. I only use it on my table at home though, since it's technically kind of outside, and Florida sucks for humidity. It's lasted a long time. Over a year. The middle finger just recently developed a hole at the tip, but it still works.

Hoosyer1

Registered
Sir Joseph Glove

I used the Sir Joseph Glove for a short time. I found them to be very comfortable. They did develop holes after awhile, and therefore replaced. I didn't care for the type with the velcro at the wrist, it just wasn't comfortable for me. But everyone is different. Just my opinion.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also have a SLIX glove, that I use when doing shows where it's really humid...and it works great! I don't think they make that glove any more, do they Fred?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Cornerman said:
Unfortunately, I would have said that glove also as it is the closes to the one I use in sticky environments. I use the SLIX glove which has the grippy palm, nipped off finger tips, and velcro wrist.

Fred

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolhall maven said:
I too recommend the sir joseph glove, they fit well and I like the material. As far as durability and lasting a long time they do get holes in the fingers.

I also use the Sir Joseph glove. They seem to last about two months or so before they need to be replaced.

You might be able to save some money by buying a year's worth of gloves at online web sites like Mueller's. Right around the year-end holidays, they typically offer 20% discounts and free shipping so that's a good time to stock up on gloves and other pool supplies.

Rak9up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Micheal's Glove

I tried the Michael Jackson Glove but it didn't fit.

So I go with cleaning the cue
Keeping the hands clean and dry
Nerves of steel as so not to sweat
Playing in a decent room and I live in florida.

Gloves are for baseball, gardening, and fashion

Remember Mosconi never wore a glove

but thats just me....and till your better than him well you know

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Try a Sure Shot Glove!

They are the Nuts!

I like them better than anything I have ever tried. I just went back to using one after a long hiatus. I was in a tournament when it was real hot anf humid in the poolroom. It helped me win.

Anyway, the Sure Shot glove is far better than the Sir Joseph because the fit is better. The Sir Joseph's don't cover your whole hand and the are not snug to the fit. The Sure Shot gloves are snug to the fit so it will no wrinkle on you. It almost feels like your skin because of the snug fit. You can wash them and after drying, you are ready to go again.

The only down side I see are the fingers wear out and hole, as all the gloves do. I tried to cut the tip off one time but I noticed that the glove started to move back on my hand and wrinkle up so the cue didn't move as smoothly.

They are my choice. If you Google "Sure Shot Gloves" you can find them around. If you pay $10 a glove, you are doing good. Any more is a little pricey.

My 2 cents.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Rak9up said:
I tried the Michael Jackson Glove but it didn't fit.

So I go with cleaning the cue
Keeping the hands clean and dry
Nerves of steel as so not to sweat
Playing in a decent room and I live in florida.

Gloves are for baseball, gardening, and fashion

Remember Mosconi never wore a glove

but thats just me....and till your better than him well you know

My request has nothing to do with Mosconi, nor does how well a person plays dictate whether they need to wear a glove.

Glad you are sweat-free.

Moisture and humidity in the pool room or where ever one is playing is the problem. Wearing a glove eliminates unwanted crabbing of the cue when using a snug, closed bridge.

Flex

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
JMD in VA said:
They are the Nuts!

I like them better than anything I have ever tried. I just went back to using one after a long hiatus. I was in a tournament when it was real hot anf humid in the poolroom. It helped me win.

Anyway, the Sure Shot glove is far better than the Sir Joseph because the fit is better. The Sir Joseph's don't cover your whole hand and the are not snug to the fit. The Sure Shot gloves are snug to the fit so it will no wrinkle on you. It almost feels like your skin because of the snug fit. You can wash them and after drying, you are ready to go again.

The only down side I see are the fingers wear out and hole, as all the gloves do. I tried to cut the tip off one time but I noticed that the glove started to move back on my hand and wrinkle up so the cue didn't move as smoothly.

They are my choice. If you Google "Sure Shot Gloves" you can find them around. If you pay $10 a glove, you are doing good. Any more is a little pricey.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for the info.