Best Pro Stroke?

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When it comes to fundamentals in pool, I think Mike Sigel may very well have the straightest stroke I've ever seen from all the Pro Player's, who do you think does and why??

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When it comes to fundamentals in pool, I think Mike Sigel may very well have the straightest stroke I've ever seen from all the Pro Player's, who do you think does and why??

Neils Feijen has the straightest stroke I've ever seen.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think it was Steve Davis who once said that Mike Sigel had the stroke to be a very good snooker player if he wanted. high praise indeed from a snooker player to a pool player.

somms69

escape artist
Silver Member
Fundamentally speaking, Mark Wilson told me to study the mechanics of two pros...Danny Harriman and Ralf Souquet. Very few moving parts.

Todd

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I think best stroke I'm thinking of a guy who can move the ball around the table with the least amount of effort. That would be Earl and Efren of the veteran players and Van Boening for the young guys.

Best sidearm stroke, Ortmann.

Best punch stroke, Hopkins.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lefty: Steve Mizerak
Righty: Buddy Hall

From what I've seen and heard, both could get the cue ball to do just about anything with seemingly little effort.

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the purest stroke, I would say Mike Massey and Buddy Hall. But of the young guns, I would definitely say Shane. Just watch how much action he gets on the cue ball, and always with a soft controlled stroke. It reminds me of Rodger Federer playing tennis.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to argue with Corey Duels stroke. I think he has the most powerful stroke in the game.

The Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have to go with Buddy Hall on this one, although I really like the way Pagulayan and Orcullo swing it too. Very short back strokes, no wasted motion if you strictly watch their actual final stroke.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i'm a huge fan of mike zugland's fundamentals. i also dig neils feijen and jasmin ouschen's