What are your dream TAR matchups?

Cashman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that TAR 20 is just a memory, it seems a good time to do a little fantasy booking on what matchups people are craving.

Mine are, in no particular order.

SVB vs. Archer. Probably won't happen anytime soon, until someone budges on the table issue.

Yang vs. Anybody. Seems like I've been hearing about this guy forever, would be nice to see him in action in something longer than a 10 minute youtube clip.

Bowman vs. Deull on the BB. I don't think Jesse would like it, but I know I would enjoy it.

Bartrum vs. somebody willing to play a race to 100 in one day. Hey, I like the odd marathon.

A Filipino playing rotation. Not picky on who. Just interested in seeing this game played.

So, who you want?

RC

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Now that TAR 20 is just a memory, it seems a good time to do a little fantasy booking on what matchups people are craving.

Mine are, in no particular order.

SVB vs. Archer. Probably won't happen anytime soon, until someone budges on the table issue.

Yang vs. Anybody. Seems like I've been hearing about this guy forever, would be nice to see him in action in something longer than a 10 minute youtube clip.

Bowman vs. Deull on the BB. I don't think Jesse would like it, but I know I would enjoy it.

Bartrum vs. somebody willing to play a race to 100 in one day. Hey, I like the odd marathon.

A Filipino playing rotation. Not picky on who. Just interested in seeing this game played.

So, who you want?

RC

i would like to see yang and orcollo.
race to 100 in 1 or 2 days.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I wanna see Schmidt vs Sigel---- a 14.1 rematch but to a longer race. Or, Hopkins vs Sigel in 14.1.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id like to see a rematch of SVB vs Alex P. Im really just hoping to see one of the phillipinos in the next one.

JimmyD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TAR match-ups

I'd like to see Hatch vs. Earl, I think they should both be mic'd up for it also. They both have some serious firepower an not just on the table either.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
I want to see a bank pool matchup. Short Rack to keep the crowd interested. I think the pool world would enjoy watching top bankers..
Maybe a Race to 5, Best 3 out of 5 sets to win the match. John Brumback against any top banker. It could even be a Day 1 of a 3 day event, the other 2 days being the main event.

Keith McCready against Mike Sigel - Race to 11 - Best 3 out of 5 sets. Once again, it could be a Day 1 event, with the other 2 being a main event.

Scott Frost against Efren Reyes - Race to 5 - Best 3 out of 5 sets

Fatboy against Dippy for 1 million dollars - Race to 9 onepocket, winner take all. Winner has to give the loser the option to flip a coin for 1 million.. Someone either wins 1 million, 2 million or they break even.

I think it would be so cool to be able to have a 3 day event, with 2 matchups each day. Make up some games that would take about 6 hours tops, so it would be a 12 hour stream and you could get in 2 feature matches.

It could made up by having a poll on AZB to find out who the public wants to see play. AZB would determine who plays who and what game it would be. A list could then be sent out to all players and backers of who the public wants to see and that TAR wants to put together a 3 day event with 6 matchups. Minimum bet is 10k per man. Main event matchup must be min bet of 30k.

Sponsors for each player would be responsible for paying for the players expenses to get them there and back from the event and their room. Sponsors could also compensate top talent to come in and commentate. Anyone is free to donate their time as a gesture to TAR for all they've done for pool. TAR would get all stream proceeds. TAR would get all DVD proceeds too. There could be a few action tables too... that players that lose could try and win their money back on matching up against someone else that lost.:)

It would be a "Give back to TAR" event designed to have a blow out 3 day event celebrating TAR's contribution to pool, by having 6 fantastic matchups that would be streamed and recorded for DVD Sales. The whole event would be designed to allow TAR to pocket all stream and DVD profits without them having to pay for anything.

The whole idea would be a way for the pool world to give back to TAR for all they have done for us. To give them the chance to help pay for all the money they've spent out of the their own pocket to bring us quality pool matchups. For all the free streaming they've provided to us over the years.. for all the times that something went wrong and they lost money on a event... (or everything went right and they still lost money:D)

If everything went great, it would give TAR some extra cash to buy some more equipment, or to use to put together a website for archiving video for ON Demand viewing.. or whatever their vision is.

C'mon all you promoters, sponsors, players, backers, marketers, people with deep pockets, and us the pool public.....

Let's make it happen!!!! Everyone gives 1 time, so that someone who has paid their dues in the pool world, can flourish and become even bigger!!!

Next year, the same can be done for Pat Fleming and Accustats.

Year after that.. maybe Greg Sullivan or whoever the public feels that is someone who has spent a good portion of their time and money to bring events to us regular pool folk:)

above idea © CaliRed Productions (there is no such company, but if there was:D)

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deuel vs. Mika

or

Deuel v. Williams

or

Deuel v. Earl

No love lost between Corey and any of those guys

BilliardTravel

Worldwide Pool Nomad
Silver Member
I'd like to see Ronnie O'Sullivan vs. Earlock Holmes, one pocket, snooker table, race to 15 for $25,000. After each rack the winner has to take a shot of single malt, and the loser has the option to coinflip for a second shot. That should be entertaining for all.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone against Reyes

Would like to see Souquet also...I don't care when people say he is boring, he plays the game how it should be played.

ccshrimper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex vs Frost one-pocket somewhere close by so I can attend.

Hatch, Deuel or Archer vs Orcullo, Alcano, Bustamante, Yang or Wu 9-ball rack your own best out of 5 or 7 race to 21's.

Earl vs anyone on the 10' with the same rules. Daz might be my favorite pick for this since he has a snooker background. Races to 21, best out of 5 or 7.

Any combination of Corey, Matlock or Bowman barbox 9-ball neutral racker and breaker gets to ask for one rerack. Best out of 5 or 7 race to 21's.

SVB vs anyone who'll play him barbox 8-ball. Best out of 5 or 7 race to 21's.

TeamD

Registered
I like what Calired is saying! Maybe throw in some under card matches of some up and coming local players that like to gamble big!

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
SVB vs. Archer 9-ball, race to 50 on a Diamond, race to 50 on a GC, race to 50 on neutral table. best 2 out of 3.

Deuel vs. Strickland 9-ball, race to 100, soft break allowed.

Frost vs Reyes 1-hole, race to 21.

Schmidt vs. Sigel 14.1, race to 1000.

Stevie Moore vs. anyone.

Sarah Rousey vs anyone.

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
If we're saying dream, I would like to see an all around of banks, 1 pocket, straight pool, and 10 ball between Willie Mosconi and Eddie Taylor.

jasoncolabove

seems like a good time for my first post. "calired" has the best idea i have heard in a long time. i have personally enjoyed all of the tar matches and would be willing to donate to make his idea come true.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I don't know why, but I really want to see Daz Vs. Mika in a one day race to 100 Ten Ball, grown man rules.

I'd also Like to see Karl Boyes Vs. Dennis Hatch playing 9 ball race to 100 in 2 days with not only cash on the line but their right to play in the Mosconi Cup.

Those are the undercard matches.

For the big title fight, I need Earl Vs. Alex on a ten foot table or one of the kids from OKC VS Jesse Engel or Jesse Vs. Orcollo on a bar table long race to 150.

RobertR

WWSLD
Silver Member
Me vs. SVB. 8ball race to 7 on a valley BB, I get two on the wire and the first break. 3 sets ahead for $10K. :thumbup:

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Tar

Davenport vs Archer (9 ball )
Aguzin vs Helfert ( banks and one pocket)
Strickland vs Archer (10ft table)
Keith Bennett vs Bartram (9ball)
Jay Calhoun vs Tommy Kennedy ( Just checking to see if Jay or Tommy read this ):D