Spiral Staircase Points: 8 Points in 2 Patterns: Random Lengths

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I posted this in “Ask the Cuemaker”, https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=513818. According to the cuemaker who responded, these points are called “spiral staircase points”, but I would like more information if ya’ll can help me.

I have been given a cue deliberately constructed with eight points, with veneers, in two patterns, all with substantially different lengths:

Pattern A: Overall lengths 22, 21, 19, and 20.5 cm
Pattern B: Overall lengths 13.5, 11.5, 12, and 13.5 cm

I've had many cues in my hands over a long time -- I know them. This is a good cue, produced by capable hands -- it is not junk or botched work.

If anyone can add anything, I would appreciate it. Specifically, I'd like to know what other names might apply, whether ya’ll are aware of other examples, and, if there are others, what cuemakers are known to have made them.

Thank you in advance.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you post a picture? I read the other thread before and was hoping you'd add a picture. Or maybe better yet a 10 second video where you spin the cue in your fingers showing the points.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
AZB will not accept photo -- says I exceed quota even after I cropped it. Will try with a different camera tomorrow. Sorry.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
That's what I am trying to confirm. I really don't like to throw names around without some basis upon which to do so (especially in light of the prior response obtained). I really need to write the person previously suggested to me by my benefactor and make a direct inquiry. I was waiting to make direct contact until . . . I will say this, however, the suggested maker's name will be recognized by everyone which is even more reason I do not want to throw his name around without some verification.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
That's what I am trying to confirm. I really don't like to throw names around without some basis upon which to do so (especially in light of the prior response obtained). I really need to write the person previously suggested to me by my benefactor and make a direct inquiry. I was waiting to make direct contact until . . . I will say this, however, the suggested maker's name will be recognized by everyone which is even more reason I do not want to throw his name around without some verification.

You say that but you also said this .
I've had many cues in my hands over a long time -- I know them. This is a good cue, produced by capable hands -- it is not junk or botched work.
I think there is some inconsistencies there .

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Not that I see. One can infer the capabilities of a unknown craftsman or artisan by examining his product without knowing the identity of the maker. Conversely, if one has an obviously inferior cue in his hand, he is permitted to question the "TS" logo on the butt cap and question whether the cue is real or fake. Labels are not everything.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Not that I see. One can infer the capabilities of a unknown craftsman or artisan by examining his product without knowing the identity of the maker. Conversely, if one has an obviously inferior cue in his hand, he is permitted to question the "TS" logo on the butt cap and question whether the cue is real or fake. Labels are not everything.

That is even more inconsistencies .
You are saying it was done that way deliberately but you are asking if it's a common practice. It's not .
Now, you are hinting it might be fake .

If you know for a fact it was done that way on purpose, then posting the name of the maker shouldn't hurt . He did it on purpose, right ?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
It could hurt if I am incorrect about the name. For instance -- "JoeyInCali made it."

So now, you're not sure who really made it .
But , you're sure it was constructed that way on purpose .
It was done by capable hands .

It has a label but you're really not sure it's real.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB will not accept photo -- says I exceed quota even after I cropped it. Will try with a different camera tomorrow. Sorry.

It must be the size of the picture. Cropping alone may not do the trick. 4X6 should post, if you deal with resolution size, under 1000 should post.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Attachment Quota

Apparently AZB has a "Quota" on number of attachments one can post, and I have posted too many. How can I fix this?

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I've posted no attachments in this thread, but when I try to attach a photo to a post, I get an error message. When I click the link to view my attachments, I get an error message.

Posting photos on AZB has not been easy for me.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
"Sum of all attachments owned by Biloxi Boy: 2.94 MB" and a red bar appear when I attempt to "manage attxchments" while replying.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought there was a minimum # of posts needed before a user could attach photos.

50 posts, perhaps?

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I have attached from day one, or two. I tried to read the forum rules, but they are not "user friendly". I also ran several searches seeking a solution, but nothing came up.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MMMkay then...

Attachments

• entwst 06.jpg
    entwst 06.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 291