What ever happened to Roy Steffensen?

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
I was just curious as to what happened to him? He used to always post on here. it's been years since he posted.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am hoping these do not apply. Always liked his posts. His profile read he was in Norway so doesn't seem either of these is him.

Spent a few hours with him in Vegas a few years back -- neither one Roy.

Lou Figueroa

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Roy Steffensen ran for office in Norway and was successful....
...his new career is now interfering with his pool playing.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I wish I knew what happened to many great members of this forum. I know a few have moved on to FB or have passed away. Many more just quit posting. When I croak I will at least have the courtesy to let everyone here know. even if it happens suddenly:wink:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wish I knew what happened to many great members of this forum. I know a few have moved on to FB or have passed away. Many more just quit posting. When I croak I will at least have the courtesy to let everyone here know. even if it happens suddenly:wink:

Roy last posted on 02-23-2016....he was elected in 2013.
...it's a four year term...so he is either getting ready for his election campaign....
....or he's doing drills on his Soren Sogaard

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is on Facebook and posts pretty regularly. But it's usually in Norwegian...,

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Roy last posted on 02-23-2016....he was elected in 2013.
...it's a four year term...so he is either getting ready for his election campaign....
....or he's doing drills on his Soren Sogaard

He was re-elected to the parlament - four new years.

He is busy with politics, wife and a daughter. No time for one-pocket. Still a nit though :D

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
He was re-elected to the parlament - four new years.

He is busy with politics, wife and a daughter. No time for one-pocket. Still a nit though :D

Thanx for the info....as for nit....well, he IS a locksmith. :smile:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Hi,

I'm still here, but not much involved with pool anymore.

In September 2013 I ran for office in the Norwegian Parliament, and got elected for 4 years, and a month ago I got reelected for 4 more years.

I'll be back gambling in pool when I'm done in politics :-D (I've learnt some new negotiations skills the past few years, and most likely a few dirty moves too!) :D

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Roy Steffensen ran for office in Norway and was successful....
...his new career is now interfering with his pool playing.

He had to shut up about his opinions on politics when he was elected. He leans too far towards the libertarian positions so, as a politico himself, he's gotta be careful what he says and when and where.

Smart move on his part.

Jeff Livingston

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Hi,

In September 2013 I ran for office in the Norwegian Parliament, and got elected for 4 years, and a month ago I got reelected for 4 more years.

I'll be back gambling in pool when I'm done in politics :-D (I've learnt some new negotiations skills the past few years, and most likely a few dirty moves too!) :D

Good to hear from you , my friend!

Pool will always be here for you - even after you are finished hiding out in Parliament.

:grin:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Btw, another milestone in my political career today, just 2 hours ago. The Norwegian Parliament (Stortinget) has 12 committees, and I'm elected leader of "the Standing Committee on Education and Research" for the next 4 years. Quite proud of that ��

To keep this pool-related. Norways biggest tv-channel have heard rumours of my pool-background and would like to do an interview with the new leader in a poolhall-setting. I offered the journalist the 7 and that I would play one-handed

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi,

Good for you Roy!