★Ko Pin Yi vs Dennis Orcollo★ Jan. 13th,14th and 15th

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
re shot clock a little epilogue.... currently watching the snooker masters where steve davis is doing commentary on bbc: Niels Robertsen was thinking about a shot for 1.5 mintues and Steve Davis said the following:

"there are people who are asking for a shot clock in these situations.. It would ruin the sport of snooker! people understand that there is considerable thinking process needed here."

actually proves my point made above...

And this is why pocket pool is a game not a sport. In sports you have a time limit.

Poolnutz

Banned
Can someone please post updates on this match. I bought the first two days, but not going to buy the stream tonight.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
I have very fast internet and an iPad pro. The voices keep cutting out. That sucks

Got to have adaptive stream to take care of the slow internet users, and bad connections. avweb does a good job, but they are way behind on technology.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Without knowing it, I believe that the match is taking place during the week has to do with the tight schedule of tournaments, travel and stuff. Quite a challenge to find common time of two professionals outside their tournament itinerary.

A ref would further delay the match. rack your own is the way to go. Especially in long sets like this, coz it increases the chance for a player to find the zone.

I am not a fan of the shot clock. There are racks where you need thinking time for evaluation. Having a shot clock destroys for me the essence of pool, the tactical battle! Best negative example is the Mosconi Cup, where a couple of key shots have to be rushed. I find this stupid and it doesnt do the game justice. I agree though, that for televised matches - or streamed for that matter - players should be instructed to play and decide at a "decent" pace. How to achieve this in reality.. I dont know but the shot clock is a blunt instrument for a very delicate game...

johnny: can u remember the TAR match between Appleton vs Shane when they had shimed the table to incredibly tight pockets? Almost no break'n'runs, players were scared to go for shots... it was horrible! none of them had a fair chance to get in stroke. So, yes I agree, too small pockets are a pain to watch. I am not quite sure though it is here the case.

Despite all the moaning from me as well, I am very grateful, I have a chance to watch live from thousands of miles away two world stars match-up over a couple of days. I remember well the days when I had to watch VHS 120 mins low quality crap of what you could very rarely get hold of. Thank god we live in this new era...!

Shud start in roughly 20 mins ;) enjoy folks

Shot clocks are stupid and YES, the Mosconi Cup was a perfect example. Justin Bergman missed twice badly because of it. He almost missed a ball entirely...

Anyone remember when you had to drive somewhere to see something like this?? There are recorders available to record something like this.....

JohnInNH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello.

For those of us who don't use a facebook account Is there an alternative to streaming via facebook?

Thanks,

John