Reflection 360

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Been wanting to do a 360ish cue for awhile.

Thanks for looking!

Larry Vigus

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 1,354
Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Please repost your picture. Just proves great minds think alike. And then there is us. We think alike too

Larry

I was amazed that your cue looked so much like mine, so I posted up a pic, then took it down because I didn't want to butt in with my pics in your thread :) But since you're good with it, I'll take a cleaner pic. That one was gritty.

On another note, I understand how tricky & frustrating it is to get the base of the points the same size, and stay the same size. The angle pitch on the back is much more severe than the front, so the depth change is not proportionate as you make cuts to final size. I had to make the back half of mine three times before I got it right.

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something new out of Texas. Looks great! I just received my shipment of cocobolo pieces if your looking for something to do.:thumbup:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
I was amazed that your cue looked so much like mine, so I posted up a pic, then took it down because I didn't want to butt in with my pics in your thread :) But since you're good with it, I'll take a cleaner pic. That one was gritty.

On another note, I understand how tricky & frustrating it is to get the base of the points the same size, and stay the same size. The angle pitch on the back is much more severe than the front, so the depth change is not proportionate as you make cuts to final size. I had to make the back half of mine three times before I got it right.

This post is more about the style. Not the cue blank. That's why I enjoyed seeing your take on it.

Been wanting to do the 360ish thing for a while. With the points going the regular way the bridges looked clunky. Funny thing is, I hate reverse points, because they look short and clunky. After seeing one of TWs cues. This idea stuck in my brain as workable, but not clunky.

Larry

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would love to see it.

I love it when you guys can compare and contrast your work in good spirit. :thumbup::thumbup:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post is more about the style. Not the cue blank. That's why I enjoyed seeing your take on it.

Been wanting to do the 360ish thing for a while. With the points going the regular way the bridges looked clunky. Funny thing is, I hate reverse points, because they look short and clunky. After seeing one of TWs cues. This idea stuck in my brain as workable, but not clunky.

Larry

Definitely not clunky....and I know what you mean about reverse points.

I think your interpretation of the design is very interesting. I really dig antique butterfly cues and I really dig designs that borrow from that...360 or otherwise.

Beyond the technical difficulties of getting the bases of the points right in respect to the taper as well as getting everything to line up while maintaining centers, I admire your use of the colors and woods in this cue. It is striking. It shows design awareness beyond the mere geometry of getting all the points and butterflies right.

I have said it before, you are an artist in the finest sense. IMHO what you are producing here is an instant classic.

I look forward to seeing more of this cue.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Here's mine. Pic is crappy from my crappy phone, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 20171005_071317.jpg
    20171005_071317.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 20171005_072102.jpg
    20171005_072102.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,157
Last edited:

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the finished cue a lot. The colors darkened up and look much richer. Nicely done larry

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very nice,i musta missed it before

is this the cue Jake bought from you?

I am amazed how good Larry has gotten.so fast

I asked him to make me something special so I will
have a cue when my table gets here

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see this thread again.

And nice to see you working on another cue in that style.

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Thanks for looking!

Wow, talk about beautiful!
This cue is special.
Both the design and choice of woods and colors are wonderful.
Thanks for sharing.

And that is for #1! Cue #2 jumps out of the picture and right into my hands!

Will Prout

Last edited:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Nice to see this thread again.

And nice to see you working on another cue in that style.

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks! Took a while till I acquired enough guts to try another.

Larry

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What in the world? I have never seen this one. Really tough to beat some nice Ebony. wonderful looking stick you threw together. ;-)