Frame Damage on Move

jpd

Registered
I hope I can get some input from a mechanic. I had a Connelly table moved by "professionals" yesterday. It appears when inserting the lag screws that attach the slate to the cabinet... they missed on 5 locations. The screws busted out on the interior side of the cabinet. Some with little bite at all to cabinet. I'm very upset about the damage caused.

How do I best handle this?

I'm assuming the nothing short of them replacing the cabinet can be done. My expectations are that or that they financially compensate me for the table.

Is my thinking right on this?

Thanks

Last edited:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Is there any damage that is visible from the outside of the table? If not, you are not likely to receive much (if any) compensation. If there is no visible damage, I would suggest that the most important issue will be correcting the placement of the slate screws.

Photos would help.

jpd

Registered
Is there any damage that is visible from the outside of the table? If not, you are not likely to receive much (if any) compensation. If there is no visible damage, I would suggest that the most important issue will be correcting the placement of the slate screws.

Photos would help.

The frame and slate was not square to cabinet... many of the screws blew out wood from the side of the cabinet. The concern is having any solid wood left or enough of it to bite back into.

The screws blew out the interior sides of the cabinet so not visible.

But this is a structual problem. If they cant get enough bite then the slate and frame is not secured to rest of table.

How can compensation not be warranted here?

I can provide pics tomorrow.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
The frame and slate was not square to cabinet... many of the screws blew out wood from the side of the cabinet. The concern is having any solid wood left or enough of it to bite back into.

The screws blew out the interior sides of the cabinet so not visible.

But this is a structual problem. If they cant get enough bite then the slate and frame is not secured to rest of table.

How can compensation not be warranted here?

I can provide pics tomorrow.

To be clear, I agree with your thoughts, in that some sort of corrective action is warranted. Though, the proper course of action will be entirely dependent on the extent of the damage.

A visual will certainly help with the assessment.