Must have instruction

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I am new here and just returning to the game after a long layoff. I look forward to being here on a regular basis.

I was wondering if there are any must have instructional dvd/books out now. When I left the game, there was absolutely nothing, and I don't want to waste my time again.

I would consider myself an advanced player or at least will be there again soon.

Thanks in advance for any help and I look forward to getting to know some of you!

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I don't know if there is anything I would consider "must have", but there is some good information available. (There is some not so good information as well).

If you are just getting back in the game, I would set up a couple of hours with a qualified instructor to go over your fundamentals and make sure you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. It's surprising how some of the little things that you may not even be aware of can hold you back. Find an instructor who will video you so you can actually see for yourself what is going on.

Best of luck!

Steve

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We now have this new information source - it's called the internet:grin::grin::grin:

And it is FREE:smile:

Wandering through this stuff might provide you with info.
Don't guarantee that the links posted will still work

http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=3764464

Try playing with the Search feature in the blue menu bar above if you are looking for specific topics.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
You're not Rick Flair, are you? I saw him wrestle once. What a show.
Anyway, work on the fundamentals, have fun, and that layer of rust will be gone in no time. :smile:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, give Randy a call... he's a great Instructor. I can say that after my layoff of 20+ years, I would have been miles ahead today, if I had done just that.

I got back into the game, but wasn't aware of the internet explosion of books, videos & Instructor websites. Once I discovered the Internet & all that info, it didn't take long & I was playing well again... Information & Instruction have no replacements.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the help guys! Unfortunately, I live in NC, so Dallas would be a tough go for me.

No, I am not the real Nature Boy, just his biggest fan. I sometimes wish I was though! And I figured if I used my favorite pool players name you guys wouldn't talk to me.

Earl the Pearl by the way!

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I'm in NC several times a years as well as is Scott Lee. We also have a very close friend who lives in Charlotte, Steve Jennings. Steve is one of the best BCA Instructors alive. If you really want, there is help, and it's right around the corner....SPF=randyg

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to do something like that. Man, when I quit the game, there was nothing like that available. Not that I needed it, because I knew it all then!

But being a former golf instructor, I can certainly verify the need for proper instruction. I have seen so many waste so much time that was not neccesary!

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a Professional Golfer at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth Texas. I too know the value of Instruction. There is no substitute...

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a Professional Golfer at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth Texas. I too know the value of Instruction. There is no substitute...

That must have been a great gig. My most famous (not best) was Wade Hampton in Cashiers NC. I think it is ranked 14 this year.

pooltchr

Silver Member
Thanks for the help guys! Unfortunately, I live in NC, so Dallas would be a tough go for me.

!

I'm in Charlotte, so if you are interested in some serious work on your game, send me a PM or e-mail. Your place, or mine! :grin:

Steve

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in Charlotte, so if you are interested in some serious work on your game, send me a PM or e-mail. Your place, or mine! :grin:

Steve

Are you hitting on me? And if you are, do I get a discount?:rolleyes:

I would be very interested in some work. I am very busy right now, but maybe I could get there after the first.

pooltchr

Silver Member
would never hit on anyone with a screen name like yours! LOL

I sent you a PM with my phone number. If you want to get some lessons scheduled, give me a call whenever you are ready.

Steve