Where are they now?

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figure this has been done to death here, but a search came up with nothing.

Without blowing someone's cover, I would like to see this thread started.

In fact, I will start it.

Joe Lawrence?

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figure this has been done to death here, but a search came up with nothing.

Without blowing someone's cover, I would like to see this thread started.

In fact, I will start it.

Joe Lawrence?
maybe hes still around Toronto,what about John Jorgenson

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are we talking about the same guy? When I was around him, he was in Atlanta.

Another: Tony Mougey (spelling?) pronounced Mo-J

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maybe hes still around Toronto,what about John Jorgenson

I don't know of him.

I think we are probably talking about the same Joe Lawrence, now that I remember. The guy did absolutely everything wrong except make balls and get shape.

miplayerstour

Quiet participant
Silver Member
Joey was in Michigan a few months back so yes he is still around. Tony still plays in some events but I havent seen his name outside of Ohio.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought this thread would take off.

Pete Horn from Chapel Hill NC?

"Railroad" Joe Estes?

Help me out guys!

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bucky Bell?

I remember watching Joe Lawrence play Earl in Atlanta at Wagon Wheel. He beat him 13-2 or 3. Earl never had a chance. When Joe lost a game he threw the rack under the table. Earl got on to him for it and he said it didn't matter because he wouldn't need the rack again. He was right!!

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Memories!!
Was that Wagon Wheel or The Green Room?

How about:
Sean Azares?
Eugene Browning?
Tommy Fleming?

Bucky Bell?

I remember watching Joe Lawrence play Earl in Atlanta at Wagon Wheel. He beat him 13-2 or 3. Earl never had a chance. When Joe lost a game he threw the rack under the table. Earl got on to him for it and he said it didn't matter because he wouldn't need the rack again. He was right!!

poolaholic2010

one pocket addict no cure
Silver Member
bucky

last i knew bucky was still up around jackson michigan found at what is now game on used to be the garage and he will still give any walking person through the door the last 4 to start hope this helps

brandonspitler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bucky Bell?

i saw bucky about 2 weeks ago in cincinnati, ohio. he lives in michigan though.

where is Jack Hines?
if he is still alive...and you see him...can ya get the $200 he owes me?? lmao

BLS

RunOutRodney

Registered
I thought this thread would take off.

Pete Horn from Chapel Hill NC?

"Railroad" Joe Estes?

Help me out guys!

Actually, I think Pete grew up with Earl and were road buddies, both being from Rollesville, NC I think. Last I heard, Pete was driving a truck (18 wheeler) for a company somewhere on the East Coast.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Memories!!
Was that Wagon Wheel or The Green Room?

How about:
Sean Azares?
Eugene Browning?
Tommy Fleming?

Wagon Wheel. I wish I could remember the owners name.

Eugene Browning was someone I was going to ask about. The best on a bar box? Very likely.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a few guys I've wondered about over the years -

Ron "RJ" Janovich formerly out of Indiana and may be back in Indiana. He played real good bar box pool and was always in search of action.

Jimmy "the Worm" Harris formerly out of Florida. I envision him being some sort of salesman. But had also had a real good game in his day. I learned a lot from him.

Wayne Mielke who is possibly in the New England states. He loved all things pool. He'd be in his late 60's now. I think he took up the game to have something to do after he got a divorce.

miplayerstour

Quiet participant
Silver Member
If its the same Ron they call Ron John he was in Michigan and last I knew was pretty sick but still playing

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are a few guys I've wondered about over the years -

Ron "RJ" Janovich formerly out of Indiana and may be back in Indiana. He played real good bar box pool and was always in search of action.

Jimmy "the Worm" Harris formerly out of Florida. I envision him being some sort of salesman. But had also had a real good game in his day. I learned a lot from him.

Wayne Mielke who is possibly in the New England states. He loved all things pool. He'd be in his late 60's now. I think he took up the game to have something to do after he got a divorce.

Jimmy traveled all over looking for action. I put Jimmy Reid on him in California, and he was a little too much for Jimmy H. to handle. We busted him that day. Jimmy moved back to Florida and owned a couple of pool rooms in the 80's and 90's. I always liked Jimmy H. though. He had a great bubbly personality.

Last edited:

Craig

Custom Cue-Repair
Silver Member
I played in a tournament last night in Anniston, AL. Tony Mougey and Eugene Browning both were there playing in the tournament. Tony with some blonde lady the car they were in had Florida license plates on it. Not sure where Eugene Browning is living now I never talked to him.

Tony didn't do well in the tournament, but when I left Eugene was playing in the semi finals. Eugene looks a lot better than he did 20 yrs ago when the last time I saw him, and still plays real good.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played in a tournament last night in Anniston, AL. Tony Mougey and Eugene Browning both were there playing in the tournament. Tony with some blonde lady the car they were in had Florida license plates on it. Not sure where Eugene Browning is living now I never talked to him.

Tony didn't do well in the tournament, but when I left Eugene was playing in the semi finals. Eugene looks a lot better than he did 20 yrs ago when the last time I saw him, and still plays real good.

Thanks for the update!

Tony Watson?