Varner one pocket

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody have the Varner one pocket dvd and what do you think of it? I have always loved 14.1, but now I am ready to take the plunge to the dark side.

I am sure there are some good books out there on the subject, which I am also interested in, but I would really love a dvd to help with those boring hours on the treadmill.

Thanks!

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Does anybody have the Varner one pocket dvd and what do you think of it? I have always loved 14.1, but now I am ready to take the plunge to the dark side.

I am sure there are some good books out there on the subject, which I am also interested in, but I would really love a dvd to help with those boring hours on the treadmill.

Thanks!

Smoooothstroke is right, but it is not the dark side my friend. Indeed, it is quite the opposite.
One Pocket is Nirvana for the enlightened pool player. It is a state of bliss not known to ordinary eight and nine-ballers and yes, dare I say it, 14.1ers. A place where we who have chosen to ascend into the light may bask in the glow of those who have gone before us. Puckett, Lassiter, Breit, Matthews...what? Grady's still with us?
Anyway. The One Pocket revolution is at hand. Welcome aboard.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best thing you will ever buy instructional wise for one pocket is Eddie Robin's two books, Winning One Pocket and Shots, Moves, and Strategies. They are absolutely the gold standard for learning this complicated game; with so many options for each shot, knowledge of situations is just as important as fire power.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
quite so

Yes 1P is a great game,the best game there is IMO.I would just say that one pocket is probably not for everyone.This is not a statement about skill or even style of play.Even with my low skill level I get a great deal of satisfaction from just playing the game (win or lose).The difference for me is unlike 9B I can lose myself in the game itself rather then just thinking about winning/losing or missing/potting.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get Willie Jopling's 1-pocket dvd set. There's a ton of information there.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Thanks!

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Also get your hands on as many accustat tapes as you can. The ones with good commentary will not only give you something fun to watch on the treadmill, they will teach you things that arent in most books or videos.

Woody