Phenolic Ferrule and Samsara Tip

Ed Keeney

Registered
I have a Phenolic Ferrule/Tip combo, I want my mechanic to flatten down the crown and put a Samsara tip on.I have heard of these coming off, has anyone ever applied a black compression pad to the ferrule first ( like the ones used for Ivory Ferrules) and then the Samsara? What would this do to the hit and feel? Ed

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a Phenolic Ferrule/Tip combo, I want my mechanic to flatten down the crown and put a Samsara tip on.I have heard of these coming off, has anyone ever applied a black compression pad to the ferrule first ( like the ones used for Ivory Ferrules) and then the Samsara? What would this do to the hit and feel? Ed

NOT NECASSARY....
Have good cue repair person install the tip properly-
" Tip wont come off:wink:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

The Samsara tip needs the best super glue to stick.
A competent tip fitter would know that.
No need for a pad.

Samsara tip holds chalk better than phenolic.

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I have a Samsara break tip glued to one of the ferrules on my J&J break cue shafts. Direct glue. No issues yet. Hits nice. :cool:

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If he is facing the ferrule flat, you really don't need a pad under the tip. The phenolic material is already hard enough protecting the ferrule. He can just install the Samsara tip without having a pad. If the ferrule is without a cap after facing the crown flat, then a pad may be necessary to help with the glue adhesion and protection.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I have a Samsara break tip glued to one of the ferrules on my J&J break cue shafts. Direct glue. No issues yet. Hits nice. :cool:

Same here. I flattened the end of an Action jump/break cue with a phenolic tip, faced it off nice and flat , then Super Glued (gel) it directly to the ferrule. Breaks nice...no issues.

Sometimes you've got to experiment with different glues to find one that works right for a particular tip. I went through about four different glues before I found one that would adhere properly to a White Diamond.

Maniac