Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page I ate an undercooked michelina's cheeseburger mac dinner, and am freaking out.
Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-28-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Prions are nothing but amyloid. Amyloid is basically "garbage" protein that builds up with age in everybody. Some are harmful and/or associated with disease, and some, like prions actually cause disease.

Amyloidosis itself is a simple over-abundance of amyloid that damages organs. It results from diseases that produce a lot of protein, like multiple myeloma.

Sometimes people find it hard to believe that prions can be spontaneously produced. It really isn't so hard to believe. Your body is producing millions of amyloid proteins right now as you read this. Many of them could have the potential to form a prion.

Ask yourself: How do you think infectious prions came to be?

I am suspicious of coacervates.
They appear innocuous enough. But dont be fooled!!

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#62)
Redneck Jim
AzB Silver Member
Redneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond reputeRedneck Jim has a reputation beyond repute

12-28-2016, 12:53 PM

Don't worry about it.

However, if you're having a bowel movement, and it splashes up into your armpits .......

You might want to re-evaluate.

A Student Of The Game .......................

"Seen it all, done it all... Just can't remember most of it."

Old
  (#63)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

12-29-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
People keep saying such things. It has become quite the buzz phrase.

200 years ago life expectancy was less than half what it is today....and everything was "organic". Food for thought.

On the whole, that junk we are eating is keeping us alive and healthy more than it is killing us.

Of course, it would be better to shop on the perimeter of the grocery store. .
I’m not sure whether the medical doctors who constantly promote this nonsensical industry propaganda actually believe it, or do so as a manner of self aggrandizement in order to inflate a gullible public’s view of their imagined God-like stature, especially considering the fact that their industries are responsible for more deaths annually than any other.

Aside from the discovery and creation of the rare “penicillin” or “polio vaccine” miracle drugs, which were actually invented by individual scientists and researchers and not, by any means, practicing “doctors”, the “life expectancy” rhetoric we constantly hear is nothing more than PR, propaganda, and BS.

In fact, the early low life expectancy averages that they quote were mainly due to some very obvious and explainable factors like 1) extremely high infant mortality rates, estimated during Medieval times to be between 33% - 50%, and caused mainly by infections due to a lack of hand washing and other unsanitary conditions, 2) barbarism and wars, 3) several major epidemics like the Black Plague and the later Great Plague where, in Europe in three or four years, 50 million people died from it, reducing Europe’s population from some 80 million to, perhaps, 30 million and killing at least 60 per cent of the population in rural and urban areas.

Also, uneducated peasants and other lower caste groups mainly influenced the low life expectancy numbers. The upper, well educated, and better fed, classes lived to fully ripen ages of, for examples; Plato:80, Moses:120, Socrates:71, King Solomon:80, Augustus Caesar:76, King Georges 1,2,3: 67,76,81, and our own George Washington:67 and Thomas Jefferson:83.

The general practice of medicine, the hospital, and the pharmaceutical drug industries have become a disgrace.

Last edited by jimmyg; 12-29-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Old
  (#64)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

12-29-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
I’m not sure whether the medical doctors who constantly promote this nonsensical industry propaganda actually believe it, or do so as a matter of self aggrandizement in order to inflate a gullible public’s view of their imagined God-like stature, especially considering the fact that their industries are responsible for more deaths annually than any other.

Aside from the discovery and creation of the rare “penicillin” or “polio vaccine” miracle drugs, which were actually invented by individual scientists and researchers and not, by any means, practicing “doctors”, the “life expectancy” rhetoric we constantly hear is nothing more than PR, propaganda, and BS.

In fact, the early low life expectancy averages that they quote were mainly due to some very obvious and explainable factors like 1) extremely high infant mortality rates, estimated during Medieval times to be between 33% - 50%, and caused mainly by infections due to a lack of hand washing and other unsanitary conditions, 2) barbarism and wars, 3) several major epidemics like the Black Plague and the later Great Plague where, in Europe in three or four years, 50 million people died from it, reducing Europe’s population from some 80 million to, perhaps, 30 million and killing at least 60 per cent of the population in rural and urban areas.

Also, uneducated peasants and other lower caste groups mainly influenced the low life expectancy numbers. The upper, well educated, and better fed, classes lived to fully ripen ages of, for examples; Plato:80, Moses:120, Socrates:71, King Solomon:80, Augustus Caesar:76, King Georges 1,2,3: 67,76,81, and our own George Washington:67 and Thomas Jefferson:83.

The general practice of medicine, the hospital, and the pharmaceutical drug industries have become a disgrace.
Daniel Boon 91

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: