Old
  (#91)
Poolhall60561
AzB Silver Member
Poolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-29-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainplayer View Post
Wow, I feel very grateful that many have commented on this post and the many kind words that were said!

As many have mentioned, I have been working for Renewal By Andersen for the past 2-1/2 years. They’re a great company and it was a decision that I do not regret in the slightest. I’ll be taking my career to the Mile High sometime in the middle of this coming year.

Pool is something that I think about all the time, but to be honest, don’t miss. The prize money is just awful! It doesn’t allow for anyone, besides maybe 1-2 top Americans, to make an OK living. Also, major tournaments, IMO, are a waste of money. Maybe one day, when I can balance family, work and pool, I’ll attend a tournament here and there because I feel like my potential for being the best player that every lived is still there!

FUN FACTS

- Jay, if I called you out on something, you 100% deserved it!
- SMJ - I make 10x more working than playing in the Joss Tour and plain and simply, Zuglan is tough
- I am still ranked #2 in the United States

Hope everyone has had wonderful Holidays and cheers to 2020!!

MD
Happy New Year Mike

You have the best of both worlds, a great career and a great game. Hope to see you soon in the finals.

Old
  (#92)
Nick B
This is gonna hurt
Nick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond reputeNick B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-29-2019, 11:18 PM

A few years back at a TAR event I had dinner with MD and Jayson Shaw. I said over dinner that I was probably breaking bread with two future US Open Champions. One down. One to go.

I firmly believe Mike has one in him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cue: Foster, Break/Jump: Foster
http://www.fostercues.com/
Name: Nick Beretanos

Old
  (#93)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-30-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Wow, I feel very grateful that many have commented on this post and the many kind words that were said!

As many have mentioned, I have been working for Renewal By Andersen for the past 2-1/2 years. They’re a great company and it was a decision that I do not regret in the slightest. I’ll be taking my career to the Mile High sometime in the middle of this coming year.

Pool is something that I think about all the time, but to be honest, don’t miss. The prize money is just awful! It doesn’t allow for anyone, besides maybe 1-2 top Americans, to make an OK living. Also, major tournaments, IMO, are a waste of money. Maybe one day, when I can balance family, work and pool, I’ll attend a tournament here and there because I feel like my potential for being the best player that every lived is still there!

FUN FACTS

- SMJ - I make 10x more working than playing in the Joss Tour and plain and simply, Zuglan is tough

MD
It's tough to know you have world-class talent and not be able to capitalize on it due to financial reasons. You 100% made the right decision. I hope you and everybody else here puts as much work into your career and family life as you did in pool. The rewards will be infinitely greater and considerably more satisfying.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#94)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

12-30-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Also for any Canadian members who happen to see this...wth is a “hydro man” ? I tried googling but only got a comic character by that name.
Since the thread has been answered it's time for the random fact ...

"Hydro" is an eastern Canadian term, centered in Ontario. It came from, what was then, Ontario Hydro, the government-owned (crown corporation as we call them) electricity provider. It is now known as Hydro One following its move to privatization.

The term "Hydro" itself comes from the way in which the bulk of the electricity is generated: via water-driven turbine plants, or hydro-electric power.

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#95)
Guy Manges
AzB Bronze Member
Guy Manges is on a distinguished road

01-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Mike gets a little squarillish sometime but is human.

Old
  (#96)
Brookeland Bill
AzB Silver Member
Brookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond repute

01-01-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
It has been my experience that a good percentage of salespeople that I have ran across, whether it be cars, real estate, retail commission sales, whatever.... Are a bunch of sleazy, smarmy douchebags who operate under the mistaken belief that they are smarter than you, and can con you into buying whatever it is they need to sell you. More along the lines of bullshitter than helpful sales associate.

Im quite certain that lots of pool players would have no trouble transitioning to this job title if the need arose.
Salesmen are the highest wage earners whether it’s windows or stocks and bonds.

Mezz
Olivier Sneaky Pete
Olivier Custom
Espirito
Jackson

Old
  (#97)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member

JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

01-01-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
Since the thread has been answered it's time for the random fact ...

"Hydro" is an eastern Canadian term, centered in Ontario. It came from, what was then, Ontario Hydro, the government-owned (crown corporation as we call them) electricity provider. It is now known as Hydro One following its move to privatization.

The term "Hydro" itself comes from the way in which the bulk of the electricity is generated: via water-driven turbine plants, or hydro-electric power.
Nice...I forgot I had asked this but you’ve satisfied my curiosity, thanks!

I was watching a documentary and the Canadian guy said “it could’ve been a plumber or a hydro man” I was thinking maybe like a water delivery guy but I had a feeling it wasn’t.

Old
  (#98)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-07-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:

FUN FACTS

MD
I am surprised that nobody had commented on your claim about relocating to the Denver area. So much work in this state right now and it is not slowing down for a long time. No end to the things to do and a fairly strong pool scene.

While Colorado is no where near a coast there are quite a few great players in the area and the rooms would welcome one of the best.

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#99)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

01-08-2020, 09:42 AM

I had the pleasure of watching Mike entertain the folks in our local poolroom here in Bangor Maine a couple years ago. He was just visiting, playing some challenge matches and some prop shots stuff, bantering with the gang and all. It was great fun to watch, especially watching him run racks, sitting 10' from the table. I enjoyed it, and I know everyone else did too. Come back to Rack City again sometime, Mike!

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#100)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member

JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

01-08-2020, 10:59 AM

Colorado Springs was the most beautiful place I’ve ever lived. I loved it absolutely. Drove through the mountains and found a funny little town called Victor. There was a horse in the street all by himself with no gear on. Kids hanging out in the one bar, old mining shacks and whatnot.

My girlfriend at the time was from Elizabeth, another crazy beautiful area up in the woods, deer in the backyard licking the sliding glass door, mountains and snow and trees.

I was there for the army but I’d like to move back as a regular citizen. Maybe if MD moves there too I can crush him in 6-ball.

Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: