What Happened with Corey Deuel ?

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Last I checked, Corey is still a threat to win any match he plays no matter who his opponent is. He is and has been a championship level player for over two decades now. Corey may be the most creative pool player of his generation, finding new ways to approach the game and improve his chances to win. He is personally responsible for some of the rule changes made during the last 10-15 years.
Which rule changes?

mekane84

He is still arguably the best or one of the best bar table 8 ball players. Watch his race against Bergman last year that was some of the best 8 ball I have ever seen.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whereas, today, it seem to me that he doesn't care as much, he just trys to win, if he gets the rolls, if not then whatever, this is what I get from the today Corey.
Sounds more like a forty-plusser who got some life experience over the years, than anything else.

midnightmark

Registered
Corey Duel is a wonderfully talented and versatile player. He plays ALL GAMES well.
I think he is playing his best 1-Pocket today.

Today, the competition level is more fierce than ever before. The influx of NEW YOUNG talent from around the world. Kaci, Gorst, Chinakov, Kevin Cheng, Ko Brothers + all the young Filipinos. Americans need to get moving...

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cory is a beast plain and simple! Think of what he could do if he had Deanoc sponsoring his cues instead of current company! Just saying!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is possible for a guy to be as good as anybody and never win a championship

all the comptition, short races ,lucky rolls,bad breaks at the wrong time

there is just so much that can keep even the best player from winning

biorhythyms,I have seen Corey lose a few matches,but he still looks like a top player

For all these reasons<i am reluctant to say Efren is over the hill or through.if he wins the Derby next year I would not be surprised

I haven't even given up on Nick

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He eloped with a pool cue and left home at a young age. There have been occasional sightings of him at pool halls across the United States. Recently he was seen with a new, sexier pool cue. The cue he eloped with just wasn't getting it done for him any more.

I felt bad for him when the Seminole Tribe ended their affiliation with pool. He had a good deal going.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watch his matches on Mondays before I play 8 ball. I just think he can win at any time. I wouldn't bet against him.

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glass City

I saw the most amazing shot (jump ) shot I have ever saw,,I hope someone has it to show

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting topic to debate considering they were rivals earlier in their careers- who has had the better overall career- Mika or Corey?

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Trout has never won a world series...etc. He is still a world class player. Imagine the psychological barrier knowing that as soon as you figure out how to be a consistent breaker, they change the rules on you. It would feel like a conspiracy among the people who didn't have enough creativity/time/whatever to do what Corey was able to. I will say though that Ronnie Alcano DID win a world title with the soft break.